homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Like Tree7017Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-30-2010, 05:20 AM   #251
1 less ERGNESS

ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
no comments?...
ralphy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-30-2010, 07:56 AM   #252
Unleash the proggies

Fzau is just really niceFzau is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnIce View Post
I think a big difference between me and him is that he can't have a decent relationship (as he's explained here and there), whereas I'm awesome and am a master in relationships and casual ....ing.
Fixed

Quote:
... and yeah I have black hands... I thought everyone had them... right? ...it's normal, right?
I just checked mine, it's ok. No worries.

You win, I'm your bitch now. - PnKnG

...if you... if you show me yours, i... i´ll show you mine!
(no, i don´t actually have anything hahah!)
- MF_Kitten

I just imagined Pete naked holding a Blackmachine seductively.
I need to see that Hayley Williams pic again.
- vampiregenocide

Oh yeah, totally dude. I mean, shit, I rape my girlfriend all the time. It's tops
- Demoniac
Fzau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 08:09 AM   #253
SS.org Regular

død is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Looks like aforementioned lesbian girl might be going with me to NOFX tonight. Awesome!
død is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 08:12 AM   #254
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by metulkult View Post
Is it just me, or are ALL girls just intimidating?
Yes.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic17517_3.gif
Customisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 08:42 AM   #255
Stay Negative™

leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This thread should be made into a self-help book. It would sell millions. We would be rich..

I CLAIM COPYRIGHTS!

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:
* www.soundclick.com/leandroabaurre
*www.soundcloud.com/leandroab

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
I intend them to .... them with the long cock of the law." - Trashmanzac
* "
I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." - metallisuk
"I'm a big fan of the effects of alcohol." - Peter Steele
leandroab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 09:07 AM   #256
Metal Teddy Bear

auxioluck is a name known to allauxioluck is a name known to allauxioluck is a name known to allauxioluck is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb Dorklift View Post
Oh, just so you guys know, this is the chick I may take to Paris...(on left)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._5878844_n.jpg

Does that change your advice??
Anyone else seeing the defensive body language here?

I'll stand by John's advice.
auxioluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #257
SS.org Regular

avenger is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by auxioluck View Post

The hardest part now is making it last.
Quote:
That's interesting! As much as there's usually quite a difference between what women say and what they mean, i.e. what they say they want and what they actually want, you're definately on thin ice if she starts thinking you're a player... not to mention hurting someone's feelings is never ok. But I think "playing games" is a bit of a strange concept, because if you're doing it right, and you do get the girl and all is well in happy-land for both of you, then what is there to complain about? Maybe the guy sat up all night studying and made every move with imacculate scientific care to ensure hooking up with this girl... but if the end result is that she's happy with him, what's the issue? No-one's forcing her to be with the guy.

I think that if a guy would do all the "right" things without thinking about it, he'd be considered the stallion of the century, but if he actually takes a minute to review his way of interacting with women and making an effort to be more likeable, then all of a sudden he's a "player" who is "tricking" women That to me is like saying someone who starts going to the gym to better his appearance is "tricking" you that he's in good shape. I don't get it.

I know plenty of awesome guys who have tons of friends who'd do anything for them cause they're just great in every way, but who can't get girls because they are just clueless about attraction. It's the girls' loss every bit as much as it is the guys'.
Thats my new motto tbh.

I laughed and told my girl (hahah EX girl!) that I wasnt angery at her or anything but that she should consider how she will never find anyone as awesome as myself.

I don't want to be mean or anything but its her loss. I have reconencted with tons of old friends recently and they all have told me the same thing. First after the "wtf YOU two broke up? You two seemed great together!!" comes the "I wouldn't let go of your beard for anything if we were dating!".

Ahh talk about a confidence boost! I feel great guys! Of course I miss the relationship we had but overall I feel fantastic and my guitar skills are already increasing at a great rate!

avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 09:27 AM   #258
Singlecoils = tr00

JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphy1976 View Post
What's up with everyone giving me black hands?

Guitar player and vocalist of Mark Zero: https://www.facebook.com/MarkZeroOfficial
JohnIce is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #259
1 less ERGNESS

ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.
you want some gloves?!!!
Unread 06-30-2010, 09:31 AM   #260
I drive a forklift.

Herb Dorklift is a name known to allHerb Dorklift is a name known to allHerb Dorklift is a name known to allHerb Dorklift is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by auxioluck View Post
Anyone else seeing the defensive body language here?

I'll stand by John's advice.
How so?

Herb Dorklift is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 09:31 AM   #261
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by leandroab View Post
This thread should be made into a self-help book. It would sell millions. We would be rich..

I CLAIM COPYRIGHTS!
"A Guide to Dating By Sevenstring Guitarists, Internet Nerds and that one Swedish Guy Everyone Loves"

The title just rolls off the tongue
Veldar and Obsidian Soul like this.

(´・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 09:36 AM   #262
1 less ERGNESS

henrik larson?!!!!

Unread 06-30-2010, 09:44 AM   #263
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphy1976 View Post
I just totally misread that name and went, "No no no, it's Lance Henrikson!" not even caring about the picture ...or the fact that Lance isn't from Sweden

(´・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 09:58 AM   #264
Bring the gain

MikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Just to interrupt the flow of things, my girl and I have been together for 14 months and are still going strong. We have our fights every now and then, but nothing that ever gets too out of hand. I'm thinking it's because of the fact that we both like very few people.

Lethal Force Fitness: Hardcore fitness for hardcore musicians.
KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 10:06 AM   #265
\m not jesus land m/

CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.
What the hell is going on here guise?

Whoever said "the best things in life are free" hasn't played an 80's RG" - TheSixthWheel
CrushingAnvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 10:47 AM   #266
SS.org Regular

avenger is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushingAnvil View Post
What the hell is going on here guise?
We come here, whine about our lovers, people tell us to smarten up, and then we play some guitar.

avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 10:54 AM   #267

Tiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud of
Quote:
I CLAIM COPYRIGHTS!
My idea I get percentages.
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 12:29 PM   #268
Metal Teddy Bear

auxioluck is a name known to allauxioluck is a name known to allauxioluck is a name known to allauxioluck is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb Dorklift View Post
How so?
Closed arms, body turned semi-away, head and neck pulled slightly away as well. I dunno, maybe I'm just seeing things, but she looks a little uncomfortable in that pic.

I mean, that's just my opinion. I wouldn't ever tell you or anyone else what to do with your life. Hell, I'm in a totally different country, so I don't know diddly shit about what she's like anyway.
auxioluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 01:58 PM   #269
Im Insane

CatPancakes is a glorious beacon of lightCatPancakes is a glorious beacon of lightCatPancakes is a glorious beacon of light
Why is this so hard? .... playing games. if you like a girl, ask her if she wants to go out sometime, chances are, youll get her number. play it cool be yourself. if you spend time pretending to be someone else and playing games, what happens when you do act like yourself?
If a girl doesnt want you as you are, shes not worth your time.

BREE BREEE BREBREBREEEEEEEEEEEE
is not vocals, its a dying pig

all i saw was quick! and i went into a panic and destroyed everything-simsklok

women derive pleasure from ---- --- due to the fact that the man is indirectly grinding against the outside wall of areas of the ------ that are difficult to stimulate by the usuaOH GOD WHY AM I TELLING YOU THIS-dddorian
CatPancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 02:57 PM   #270
ss.org Regular

snuif09 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varcolac View Post
Wrong approach. Play everything in harmonic minor, get girls anyway.
you read my mind hahahaha

snuif09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 03:20 PM   #271
Singlecoils = tr00

JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPancakes View Post
Why is this so hard? .... playing games. if you like a girl, ask her if she wants to go out sometime, chances are, youll get her number. play it cool be yourself. if you spend time pretending to be someone else and playing games, what happens when you do act like yourself?
If a girl doesnt want you as you are, shes not worth your time.
Like I said... if a fat person decides he wants to get in shape, and starts excercising and lifting weights until he's really fit... is he not being himself then? Is he tricking people into believing he's fit, when he's actually fat?

No, he's not. If you want to make the effort to take your relationships seriously and understand the bigger picture, so that you can be more likeable and be happier with your social situation, aswell as avoid the pitfalls that can spoil a potentially great relationship, then you're not "pretending" to be someone you're not, you're just becoming who you want to be. There's a vast difference. I don't have an ESP endorsement but I want one, so if I end up working my ass off and finally getting that endorsement, am I not being "myself" just because I used to own a Schecter once?

- edit - And at your last part, "If a girl doesnt want you as you are, shes not worth your time."... relations are as much about compromising and humility as anything else. I can honestly say every girl I've been with has made me more mature and become a better person, because they didn't just let me be myself. As it says in my sig, "Be yourself" is not always good advice, to most people it should be a rough guide line at best.

Guitar player and vocalist of Mark Zero: https://www.facebook.com/MarkZeroOfficial
JohnIce is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 03:25 PM   #272
Stay Negative™

leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.
Describing relationships with guitar brands. ....ing epic.

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:
* www.soundclick.com/leandroabaurre
*www.soundcloud.com/leandroab

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
I intend them to .... them with the long cock of the law." - Trashmanzac
* "
I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." - metallisuk
"I'm a big fan of the effects of alcohol." - Peter Steele
leandroab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 03:52 PM   #273
I am a meat popsicle

chimp_spanner is a splendid one to beholdchimp_spanner is a splendid one to beholdchimp_spanner is a splendid one to beholdchimp_spanner is a splendid one to beholdchimp_spanner is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Describing relationships with guitar brands. ....ing epic.
In that case, which brand fits the bill of totally unpredictable, inconsistent, and utterly impossible to ditch?

Chimp Spanner on teh webz:

Homepage
MySpace
Soundclick
My parents!

chimp_spanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 04:12 PM   #274
Unleash the proggies

Fzau is just really niceFzau is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimp_spanner View Post
In that case, which brand fits the bill of totally unpredictable, inconsistent, and utterly impossible to ditch?
Blackmachine must be attractive, right?
I mean, if Pete Graves is doing a marketing stunt covering his junk with a Blackmachine headstock who wouldn't want one?

You win, I'm your bitch now. - PnKnG

...if you... if you show me yours, i... i´ll show you mine!
(no, i don´t actually have anything hahah!)
- MF_Kitten

I just imagined Pete naked holding a Blackmachine seductively.
I need to see that Hayley Williams pic again.
- vampiregenocide

Oh yeah, totally dude. I mean, shit, I rape my girlfriend all the time. It's tops
- Demoniac
Fzau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 12:37 AM   #275
\m not jesus land m/

CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger View Post
We come here, whine about our lovers, people tell us to smarten up, and then we play some guitar.

Cool beans.

I need some vagina.

How about choo guys?

Whoever said "the best things in life are free" hasn't played an 80's RG" - TheSixthWheel
CrushingAnvil is offline   Reply With Quote