homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-22-2010, 07:34 AM   #1
God is dad

Sang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
So it turns out I'm gay...

Many civilized people would probably read this and think, "yeah, so?" It's the best news in my life for the past decade, however, and I'd like to share it with you.

For the last years, I so much refused to accept who I was that I managed to conceal the feelings from my own self. I abdicated my human condition, coming to the conclusion that I was an automaton, uncapable of loving; existing, but not really living. It's incredible how we can lie to ourselves so convincinly.

Everything tasted like ashes. Nothing I did was interesting, to the degree of having an awesome trip to Italy and not really caring about it. My guess is that I had to drown my feelings to such an extent that I ended up not feeling anything at all toward anything. The only thing that could still bring a shiver to the spine sometimes was music, and even that was becoming rarer and rarer. When that happened, I've no doubts I'd seriously consider suicide.

This past week, for no apparent reason, I decided to face to truth. I went like, "you know what? .... it," and now things are so much different. I mean, I haven't really met anyone in particular; it's just the perspective of doing so that makes everything so much different. It's like getting your head out of the water to breathe again.

For the first time in 15 years - when I last fell in love for a girl - I feel happy and human. I can't help but quote The Smiths: "I am human and I need to be loved - just like everybody else does".

Just like everybody else does. I can't believe I'm human, after all. It's such a damn relief!

I do have a very conservative family which most likely won't accept me, but hell, c'est la vie. At least I live in a liberal city, and I don't expect too many problems with my friends either.

Thanks for reading thus far

And I can still boast of having picked the hottest chick at my friend's wedding! Huzzah!

My signal path (on the works): Schecter KM-7 > Axe Fx Ultra
Unread 05-22-2010, 07:44 AM   #2
Tr00f

matt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey good for you mang, it must take balls (no pun intended ) to come out like that.
Oh an what the .... is it with gay guys always picking up the hot chick, its like some one grabbig the last slice of pizza just to look at it.

Gsus died for your sins

Tell the people there's an invisible man in the sky that created the universe and the vast majority believe you. Tell them the paint is wet and they have to touch it to be sure. - George Carlin
Unread 05-22-2010, 07:50 AM   #3
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Good man on coming out Massive respect.
Unread 05-22-2010, 07:53 AM   #4
God is dad

Sang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of light
Thank you

And the pizza analogy is ....ing brilliant

Unread 05-22-2010, 07:54 AM   #5
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
Damn, you must be like 50% hotter now that you're accepting you're gay Too bad for those gorgeous chicks you can probably pull.

All jokes aside, glad that you can come out, here I definitely think it's a safe and warm environment, as far as the internet goes (A metal guitar forum! who knew? ) I doubt you'd cop any flame here.

Congrats for taking what must be a valuable step in your life, hope it continues to keep your life at an improvement from before, hope suicide becomes the least of thoughts on your mind in future.

Again congrats!

EDIT: Also 3 replies in the time it took to write mine.

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Unread 05-22-2010, 08:10 AM   #6
edxgxsrfrz

Psychobuddy is just really nicePsychobuddy is just really nice
Hey congratulations man, as stated before it takes guts to come out like that.

Your life will no doubt be much more worthwhile now and you should definitely enjoy living much much more.

Also if anyone gives you shit for being gay grab some ss.org buddies [I know there's a few people from Rio on here] and give 'em hell.........or just scare them it's up to you
Unread 05-22-2010, 08:35 AM   #7
Loves his Q-tuners

Cheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Unread 05-22-2010, 08:39 AM   #8
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
You might want to pick up a couple of these to get in shape:

Unread 05-22-2010, 08:43 AM   #9
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
I wouldn't mind receiving some genetic inertia right now.

M E M O I R S

Unread 05-22-2010, 08:45 AM   #10
Team Ibanez

mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Congrats, bro. It definitely takes courage to step up and accept something like that.
Unread 05-22-2010, 08:54 AM   #11
1 less ERGNESS

ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.
so are you the only gay in your village?

Unread 05-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #12
God is dad

^ . I really hope I don't look anything close to that!

I'm the third gay in my office, actually. One of my colleagues, though not openly gay, is way too fabulouth to be straight ; and one of my bosses is lesbian (she also happens to be both the nicest one and the prettiest). I've my doubts if the big boss is lesbian too, but she's so nuts overall that it's hard to tell. Considering we're just some 15'ish people working there, that's a high gayness rate.

I have no homosexual close friends, though. Or maybe my gaydar is underdeveloped.

@ shake weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattofvengeance
Congrats, bro. It definitely takes courage to step up and accept something like that.
Tell me about, man. I know things will be hard (no pun intended) from now on, but seriously, it couldn't get any worse than it was before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychobuddy_101 View Post
Hey congratulations man, as stated before it takes guts to come out like that.

Your life will no doubt be much more worthwhile now and you should definitely enjoy living much much more.

Also if anyone gives you shit for being gay grab some ss.org buddies [I know there's a few people from Rio on here] and give 'em hell.........or just scare them it's up to you
I think only I and Leandro live Rio among ss.org regulars. There's also 2 or 3 from São Paulo (6 hours away from here by car) and 2 from Florianópolis (18 hours by car), but one of these was banned for leaking Periphery's album and claiming he had all the right to do it .

Regardless, I don't expect to have this kind of trouble. Fortunately, things have evolved a lot in the last years concerning overall prejudice.

My generation (25-30ish) is still a little biased against both homosexuality and black people (yup, still), but I've noticed a huge, I mean, HUGE improvement with people not even that much younger than me. The generation prior to mine is barbaric, though. Had I been born 10 years earlier, I don't know if I'd have the balls to accept this.

Unread 05-22-2010, 10:14 AM   #13
President / RHLC ©

playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiregenocide View Post
Good man on coming out Massive respect.

Become one of us or die, ....ers. / Rick

RIP Garcia3441
Unread 05-22-2010, 10:17 AM   #14
Giddyup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang-Drax View Post
I think only I and Leandro live Rio among ss.org regulars. .
Having Leandro around is more than enough, THE MAN HAS SURVIVAL PANTS.

It's in the name.

M E M O I R S

Unread 05-22-2010, 10:27 AM   #15
Pronounced "FEE"

BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang-Drax View Post
Everything tasted like ashes.
What??? Oh, you said ashes. My bad.

Congrats on figuring out what makes you happy. There are plenty of people that never realize these types of things and wonder why they have to constantly take depression medications. I don't know how conservative Brazil is, (I just know that the chicks have the hottest buns in the world and fake boobs are everywhere) but I hope you can live your life how ever you want to and not be persecuted because of it.

Self-appointed member of the Sevenstring.org Welcoming Committee
(alongside Bloody_Inferno, Zealous, Shawn, Apophis, AliceAxe, M3CHKILLA, Fred the Shred, Explorer, and Sebastian) ROFL

My Policy: If you make me laugh in a post or offer something interesting/thought-provoking, you get Rep +1. Pretty simple, right? Waiting now for incoming barrage of funny jokes.

Unread 05-22-2010, 10:31 AM   #16
Pronounced "FEE"

BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/BigPhi84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Rodriguez View Post
You might want to pick up a couple of these to get in shape:

He might like this version better.

Self-appointed member of the Sevenstring.org Welcoming Committee
(alongside Bloody_Inferno, Zealous, Shawn, Apophis, AliceAxe, M3CHKILLA, Fred the Shred, Explorer, and Sebastian) ROFL

My Policy: If you make me laugh in a post or offer something interesting/thought-provoking, you get Rep +1. Pretty simple, right? Waiting now for incoming barrage of funny jokes.

Unread 05-22-2010, 10:34 AM   #17
Rainbow In The Dark

Origin is just really niceOrigin is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Courage, dude. I'm happy for you

Praise the sun!
Unread 05-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #18
in love with Judas

E Lucevan Le Stelle is a glorious beacon of lightE Lucevan Le Stelle is a glorious beacon of lightE Lucevan Le Stelle is a glorious beacon of light
Aww, congratulations! Trust me, everything does improve a lot...

Oh, if you're ever in London, I'll totally take you out for a drink sometime!

*thinks Brazilian guys are totally hot...* ahem.

I killed a girl and I liked it, the taste of blood on my hatchet...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJgWhW4AyT8
Unread 05-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #19
Giddyup.

*Thread just filled with sexual tension*

M E M O I R S

Unread 05-22-2010, 11:24 AM   #20
WWSD?

DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.
Well as head Sexual Deviant of SS.Org, I'd like to...

Tell you to get the .... out.. This is my hen house..there ain't enough ass on this forum for all of us.
Unread 05-22-2010, 11:28 AM   #21
in love with Judas

E Lucevan Le Stelle is a glorious beacon of lightE Lucevan Le Stelle is a glorious beacon of lightE Lucevan Le Stelle is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis View Post
Well as head Sexual Deviant of SS.Org, I'd like to...

Tell you to get the .... out.. This is my hen house..there ain't enough ass on this forum for all of us.
Now now, I'm sure Stitch will find time for both of you...

I killed a girl and I liked it, the taste of blood on my hatchet...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJgWhW4AyT8
Unread 05-22-2010, 11:32 AM   #22
WWSD?

DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Lucevan Le Stelle View Post
Now now, I'm sure Stitch will find time for both of you...
No both...If Sang joins my harem with the rest of you, then we're cool..but there can't be 2 bulls. It's the way of SS.Org
Unread 05-22-2010, 11:35 AM   #23
Bonitis.

Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis View Post
there can't be 2 bulls. It's the way of SS.Org

Extreme Syncopation =/= Poly-rhythmic

Unread 05-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #24
SS.org Regular

Matt-Hatchett is a jewel in the rough
Congratulations man.
Unread 05-22-2010, 11:59 AM   #25
WWSD?

Closed Thread