homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-11-2006, 07:25 AM   #51
ss.org Regular

hitman has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark. A
Played soccer for 6 years, played for my state thank you very much.

The fault was not clear, the ball was away, he saw the oppurtunity to fake a dive and did so.
i like to watch tha australian rugby match,they are amazing...but you haven't football tradition,like we don't have rugby tradition.when a player hinder an other
in football or soccer is fault.only you in the world are talking about fabio grosso dive.when the beautiful australia will learn to play football (and accept its rules with humilty) it will can win with tha bigs:
brasil,italy,france,germany,spain,england and so on...
hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 07-11-2006, 07:35 AM   #52
Wanker

Dormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to behold
Sorry but I need to interject at this point. If you really believe that Fabio Grosso did not dive in the box you are completely ....ing deluded. I have seen the replay for the incident time and time again and Lucas Neill DID NOT TOUCH Grosso. He dived. It's cheating, simulation whatever you want to call it. I think ONLY the Italian fans would claim that it wasn't a dive. In fact that is a lie because I have Italian friends who straight away acknowledged it was a dive. It was an absolutely awful game. Australia were at fault for not taking advantage of the fact that Italy were poor that day. Grosso is a cheat. To Hitman - if only the Aussies think he dived then why in a press conference following the game did the sports reporters from across the globe all ask him if/why he dived? He bought the penalty and he knows it which is why his fellow players congratulated him.

Italy only played well once in the competition against Germany. They played fantastic football that day but they certainly didn't against Australia.

Mark you won't get any sense out of Italians they think cheating is a skill To evil: People who use the term 'Penalty shot' are not football fans and are yankees in disguise
Dormant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2006, 07:57 AM   #53
gang* 4 lyfe

Mark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman
i like to watch tha australian rugby match,they are amazing...but you haven't football tradition,like we don't have rugby tradition.when a player hinder an other
in football or soccer is fault.only you in the world are talking about fabio grosso dive.when the beautiful australia will learn to play football (and accept its rules with humilty) it will can win with tha bigs:
brasil,italy,france,germany,spain,england and so on...
This is absolutely great, you are digging yourself deeper and deeper.

P.S Thanks Dormant, e-rep for that awesome pwn.

Mark. A is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2006, 08:21 AM   #54
ss.org Regular

hitman has a spectacular aura about
ok ok i'm bored
i return to music discussion forum...
Italy is 2006 world champion,this is true and this is the official result.no more comments from me.
hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2006, 10:13 AM   #55
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark. A
You're a cretin

What I said was completely true, he DID dive, it's not subjective. How dare you imply that I hate Italians, and you are no better than myself or any other Australians, people like you are not accepted here, the Cronella riots proved this.
Easy. Disagreement is one thing, personal insults and blanket racial statements are completely another. Take a VERY deep breath, chill out, and if you continue this discussion then keep it polite.

And Dormant, piss off.

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2006, 11:41 AM   #56
ss.org Regular

metalrod is a jewel in the rough
FORZA AZZURRI!!! ITALY IS THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD!!! THAT MEANS THEY ARE DEFINITELY BETTER THAN AUSTRALIA!!! MAYBE AUSTRALIA SHOULD STICK TO RUGBY??? IF GROSSO DIDN'T GET FOULED HE WOULD HAVE SCORED ANYWAY SO EITHER WAY ITALY WINS 1-0. GROSSO DID NOT DIVE HE WAS TAKEN DOWN BY THE AUSTRALIAN DEFENDER. SORRY SOCCEROOS THAT'S THE WAY IT GOES. ****
metalrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2006, 11:51 AM   #57
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalrod
FORZA AZZURRI!!! ITALY IS THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD!!! THAT MEANS THEY ARE DEFINITELY BETTER THAN AUSTRALIA!!! MAYBE AUSTRALIA SHOULD STICK TO RUGBY??? IF GROSSO DIDN'T GET FOULED HE WOULD HAVE SCORED ANYWAY SO EITHER WAY ITALY WINS 1-0. GROSSO DID NOT DIVE HE WAS TAKEN DOWN BY THE AUSTRALIAN DEFENDER. SORRY SOCCEROOS THAT'S THE WAY IT GOES. ****

1.) Fix your caps lock.

2.) It probably wouldn't kill you if you didn't go out of your way to insult the Australians.

3.) The general consensus is that, if the guy did get taken out during the play, then he has some pretty serious balance issues and probably shouldn't be on the feild anyway.

Remember, civility goes a long way on the internet.

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

Unread 07-12-2006, 11:51 AM   #58
Wanker

Dormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to behold
ANGRY DUDE!!!!!!!!!

Think you could turn down the capitals?

I'm not an Aussie and god knows I hate them when we play Cricket, but you are massively blinded by your support for your national team. Even I can admit when my team plays badly or cheats! Grosso dived. Even his team mates admitted he went down easy. I really don't understand your point about him scoring if he didn't get fouled. It's beside the point. He went down because he saw the opportunity.

If after watching this you cannot quite clearly see that Lucas Neill's initial lunge missed Grosso and Grosso RAN INTO HIM - therefore buying the foul (as no initial contact was made - if you still don't understand the rules want me to bust out the FIFA rule book I can!)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9CQf4zYJ2...=grosso%20dive

Italy are World Champions well done. They played superbly against Germany. BUT ... didn't play many of the big boys on the way there (easiest draw in the competition) and never really played as well as I think Italy can play. If you can't see that you are not a true fan of football.

EDIT:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NzF6C7gzh...=grosso%20dive

I have just seen the following footage from ESPN and I can kind of understand why you think it was ok because not only is this the worst coverage and commentating I have ever heard but it is completely incorrect and against the rules of the game. When the commentator refers to 'selling a foul' that is in itself cheating. This is not condoned. Grosso should have been booked for fooling the referee and the game should have gone into extra time. No wonder Americans hate this game - you have shit coverage!!!

Sorry I'm on a role here now! This is how the rest of Europe (bar Portugal who are in fact bigger cheats) see Italian football - this is from 2004 so nothing new:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LacWlX5gO...alian%20diving
Unread 07-12-2006, 12:13 PM   #59
Fear the Polo!

As an Italy supporter, even I have to admit that France totally outplayed them in the World Cup, and had it not been for Zidane's foul there's a good chance that the French wouldn't have lost in penalty kicks, if it even went that far... :/

Unread 07-12-2006, 02:11 PM   #60
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
As an Italy supporter, even I have to admit that France totally outplayed them in the World Cup, and had it not been for Zidane's foul there's a good chance that the French wouldn't have lost in penalty kicks, if it even went that far... :/
Bzzzzzzt...wrong! Everyone knows that the French never win anything.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2006, 02:15 PM   #61
SS.org Regular

Makelele is shredding to new heights.Makelele is shredding to new heights.Makelele is shredding to new heights.Makelele is shredding to new heights.Makelele is shredding to new heights.Makelele is shredding to new heights.Makelele is shredding to new heights.
I didn't even see the finals, because I was at Ruisrock watching Soilwork and Tool at that time. I didn't see the bronze match either, cause I was watching Opeth and Flogging Molly then.
Makelele is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2006, 02:41 PM   #62
Fear the Polo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles
Bzzzzzzt...wrong! Everyone knows that the French never win anything.
That's why I was so shocked that they were dominating the game.

That's my new plan for national sovergnty - I'm going to buy an island in the Carribean, declare my own nation, and then to gain international recognition I'll declare war on France. When they surrender, I'll leave them their territory and sovergnty in return for diplomatic recognition and the occasional shipment of wine and cheese. Foolproof, I tell ya.

Unread 07-12-2006, 02:54 PM   #63
Beer Sewer

Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
That's why I was so shocked that they were dominating the game.

That's my new plan for national sovergnty - I'm going to buy an island in the Carribean, declare my own nation, and then to gain international recognition I'll declare war on France. When they surrender, I'll leave them their territory and sovergnty in return for diplomatic recognition and the occasional shipment of wine and cheese. Foolproof, I tell ya.

And your own huge copper lady, of course!

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

www.myspace.com/wfkoehleriii
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeo7bjr/index.html
Popsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2006, 03:05 PM   #64
Fear the Polo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popsyche
And your own huge copper lady, of course!
Actually, I was hoping NOT sending one could be part of the terms, as well - sure, it's pretty and all, but on an island, I don't wanna chance blocking any of the sunshine. I gotta tan!

Unread 07-12-2006, 03:33 PM   #65
Beer Sewer

Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Quote:
Actually, I was hoping NOT sending one could be part of the terms, as well - sure, it's pretty and all, but on an island, I don't wanna chance blocking any of the sunshine. I gotta tan!
Ok, well, at least accept chefs and Ho's to administer wine and cheese. Just call them goodwill ambassadors!

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

www.myspace.com/wfkoehleriii
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeo7bjr/index.html
Popsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2006, 03:44 PM   #66
Spastic Kitchen!

bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.
Meh, France is a cool place and all, but since I've never been there, it can't be worth conquering. I mean, back in 1066, people from France conquered England. You have to be pretty desparate to conquer England. j/k

[URL="http://sites.google.com/site/bostjanzupancickhereb/"[/URL]
bostjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2006, 03:46 PM   #67
Fear the Polo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostjan
I mean, back in 1066, people from France conquered England. You have to be pretty desparate to conquer England. j/k
This is way before they invented the internet though, dude. Back in 1066, I'm sure I'D have conquered England, just to break up the boredom.

Unread 07-12-2006, 09:07 PM   #68
Not so local lefty

Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
They should be glad, it's the first time a Frenchman has gone on the offensive since Napoleon.

Epic btw.

http://www.ggzidane.com/gallery/

I R LEFTY!

Left-handers come visit!
http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/
Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2006, 06:28 PM   #69
ss.org Regular

metalrod is a jewel in the rough
actually france still would have lost even if zidane didn't get red carded because tesugret(sp?) still would have shot and missed

grosso did not dive he was fouled and if he was not fouled then he did a good job of selling it which, again, is part of the game so everyone needs to stop complaining about it. THE BALL NEVER LIES

Last edited by metalrod; 07-17-2006 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
metalrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2006, 06:35 PM   #70
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Anyone watch The Soup on E? They did a parody of Zidane at the very beginning of the show that totally caught me off guard.

I did catch the shootout, congrats, Italy.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2006, 01:53 PM   #71
Wanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalrod
actually france still would have lost even if zidane didn't get red carded because tesugret(sp?) still would have shot and missed

grosso did not dive he was fouled and if he was not fouled then he did a good job of selling it which, again, is part of the game so everyone needs to stop complaining about it. THE BALL NEVER LIES
I don't know what game you are talking about but in football that is called cheating. The ball never lies? What the .... does that mean?

You know nothing about football.

Thanks for the negative rep as well. I deem you a wanker as well.