homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Off-Topic
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Off-Topic All non guitar/music related discussion here. Keep things work-safe.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-14-2009, 04:13 PM   #1
Turd Ferguson

yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Started builing an AR15 today.

Just finished building my first AR15 lower today. I have had a few AR's before but decided to build my own this time. What do you guys think?

yellowv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-14-2009, 05:27 PM   #2
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Looks killer! How on earth do you go about building that, though?

Good job

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
Turd Ferguson

yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.
You gotta figure out how all this stuff works

And put it all in here
Unread 11-14-2009, 05:38 PM   #4
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by budda View Post
Looks killer! How on earth do you go about building that, though?

Good job
Live in a country where it's legal and get all the proper permits and parts
JJ Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2009, 05:40 PM   #5
SS Contributor

Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Nice Joe. do you have all the rest of the parts to finish it? What kind of upper are you going to put on it?

Mattmc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #6
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
what about the shoulder bit and handle (I think that's what it is) though, did that come pre-fab'd, and you simply attached it?

As you can tell, I know nothing about how guns work except the "load chamber, turn off safety, aim, pull trigger" bit

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2009, 06:06 PM   #7
Stay Negative™

leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
:shock:

I hate my country

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:
* www.soundclick.com/leandroabaurre
*www.soundcloud.com/leandroab

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
I intend them to .... them with the long cock of the law." - Trashmanzac
* "
I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." - metallisuk
"I'm a big fan of the effects of alcohol." - Peter Steele
leandroab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2009, 06:08 PM   #8
Turd Ferguson

Yeah the stock and stuff are all exrea parts that go on quite easily. AR's are really very simple to build. No, Matt. No upper yet. Probably going to go with some sort of high quality M4 upper such as a Bravo Company. Saving up a little at a time.
Unread 11-14-2009, 10:13 PM   #9
SS Contributor

hirah is a name known to allhirah is a name known to allhirah is a name known to allhirah is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
its amazing how many AR15s are made each year. hundreds of thousands from lots of manufacturers. i've made quite a few of the hammers, triggers and safety selectors for ARs. pretty cool stuff.
still thinking about buying my first gun. no AR, but a pistol.
lets see this when its done.
hirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2009, 11:54 PM   #10
Vescere bracis meis.

B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowv View Post
Yeah the stock and stuff are all exrea parts that go on quite easily. AR's are really very simple to build. No, Matt. No upper yet. Probably going to go with some sort of high quality M4 upper such as a Bravo Company. Saving up a little at a time.
Bravo Company has some great stuff. I use Stag myself though...

UNSCARED

"...The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -J.S. Mill

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." -Vince Lombardi
B Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 01:57 AM   #11
1 less ERGNESS

ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.
i am going to sound like a moron, but i assume that this is NOT a real gun, eventhought there is the 2nd amendment....

great job thought and enjoy your puzzle!!!
ralphy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 07:37 AM   #12
ss.org Regular

thesimo is just really nicethesimo is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
looks cool man!

I'm from Ireland and never even held a gun before, but was in Boston a few weeks ago and got to shoot a USP, Magnum & an AR-15.

Awesome power, yet so easy to shoot an AR-15. What are you going to use yours for?
thesimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 09:07 AM   #13
SS.org Regular

Mindcrime1204 is just really niceMindcrime1204 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphy1976 View Post
i am going to sound like a moron, but i assume that this is NOT a real gun, eventhought there is the 2nd amendment....

Looks very much so like a real gun to me...

I think its gonna look bad ass with the earth colors you got on it already! Kinda reminds me of a SCAR H/L!

Get your class III permit (200 bucks and 3 month wait) and make it fully-auto :P

You goin' with 16" barrel?
Mindcrime1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 01:22 PM   #14
Poland CEO / RHLC ©

Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.
I was also wondering... is it real or you just play ASG ?

still Looks bad ass

S7Figures.DeviantArt.com - Metal Figures!
Sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2009, 04:46 PM   #15
Turd Ferguson

Yes guys it is real.
Unread 11-15-2009, 04:49 PM   #16
Turd Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcrime1204 View Post
Looks very much so like a real gun to me...

I think its gonna look bad ass with the earth colors you got on it already! Kinda reminds me of a SCAR H/L!

Get your class III permit (200 bucks and 3 month wait) and make it fully-auto :P

You goin' with 16" barrel?
Thanks. Either going 14.5" w/ pinned flash hider or 16". Whichever is cheaper and more accessable when I am looking for the upper. A $200 tax stamp surely does not make it legal for you to own an auto AR. It covers NFA stuff such as a short bbl, suppressors, etc. but not a machine gun. Legally owning an auto AR is at least a $10,000 investment using a drop in auto sear and upwards of $20,000 with a legally registered auto rifle.
Unread 11-16-2009, 09:36 AM   #17
Redefining Sound

The Atomic Ass is a name known to allThe Atomic Ass is a name known to allThe Atomic Ass is a name known to allThe Atomic Ass is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Rodriguez View Post
Live in a country where it's legal and get all the proper permits and parts
Permits? What mean permits?

Seriously JJ, you need to get away from those few liberal states by your border, come down to where cash in hand = a future gun owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphy1976 View Post

Nope, it's real. Once I get some money coming in, I'll have a few of those lying around myself.

When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations,
the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic. — Dresden James

Buy my album, My Titanic Grave, at whatever price you choose on Bandcamp!
SoundClickMySpaceTwitterFacebookYouTube - My music, my Let's Plays, and my anarchist home build.

Last edited by The Atomic Ass; 11-16-2009 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
The Atomic Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2009, 09:39 AM   #18
1 less ERGNESS

ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowv View Post
Thanks. Either going 14.5" w/ pinned flash hider or 16". Whichever is cheaper and more accessable when I am looking for the upper. A $200 tax stamp surely does not make it legal for you to own an auto AR. It covers NFA stuff such as a short bbl, suppressors, etc. but not a machine gun. Legally owning an auto AR is at least a $10,000 investment using a drop in auto sear and upwards of $20,000 with a legally registered auto rifle.
so this is a paintball marker then?
ralphy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2009, 10:39 AM   #19
Banned

orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.
No Ralphy, what the OP is putting together is real and will put real rounds downrange. I don't know about Florida but here in SoCal (Los Angeles) you can own an AR15 (as I do) and be completely legal, provided of course you follow the rules and laws. You buy your "lower" (as the OP has done) and get it through an FFL, you can buy a parts kit as he's done and put it together or buy the whole thing already assembled. Once your 10 day wait is over you pickup your lower and mate it with your upper (the barrel, bcg, etc) and voila! Bring it to the range and have some fun.

Its semi auto, meaning it fires as fast as you can pull the trigger, and out here anyway, you're limited to 10 round non-detachable (without the use of a special tool) magazines. It's not full auto (as in you hold the trigger down and it sprays until the mag is empty).

To the OP, nice build, are you going to go with a black upper and desert fore arm or all desert colored upper? And I hear good things about the Bravo Company uppers, I went with Noveske and love it but will probably go with a Bravo or Daniels Defense for my next build.
orb451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2009, 10:57 AM   #20
Turd Ferguson

Yes it fires real bullets. As is the same ones the US military uses to take out insurgents. I am going with a black upper and dark earth foregrip. Already have the foregrip, just need the upper to put it on. Unfortunately the upper is the expensive part. Here in Florida 30rd mags are legal too And yes the lower was bought legally through an FFL and everything else can be ordered online. No wait here though on a rifle and being that I have a CCW permit I can take a handgun home the same day as well.
Unread 11-16-2009, 11:00 AM   #21
Banned

orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.
Lucky bastard!!! If we want 30rd mags we have to go featureless and if I recall correctly you have to have purchased the 30rd mags pre ban... lame.

Enjoy it and post some pics when it's done!
orb451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2009, 11:09 AM   #22
Banned

Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I AR's. Just like the M16 brethren, which was one awesome gun to shoot when I was in.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2009, 11:26 AM   #23
SS Contributor

wannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Where is your heartbeat sensor?
wannabguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #24
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Atomic Ass View Post
Permits? What mean permits?

Seriously JJ, you need to get away from those few liberal states by your border, come down to where cash in hand = a future gun owner.
Yeah, and good luck to me getting it across the border If they found that shit in my car, I'd pretty much be getting raped in prison for a good few years
JJ Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2009, 12:04 PM   #25
Stay Negative™

leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.
The closer I can get doing something like this is with airsoft... And even THAT is illegal here! .... Brazil, we can't blow shit up and shoot stuff without paying shitloads of taxes and getting 98374 permits...

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:
* www.soundclick.com/leandroabaurre
*www.soundcloud.com/leandroab

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
I intend them to .... them with the long cock of the law." - Trashmanzac
* "
I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." - metallisuk
"I'm a big fan of the effects of alcohol." - Peter Steele
leandroab is offline   Reply With Quote