homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques Discussions on Theory, member submitted lessons, practice regimens and everything else.

Like Tree100Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-27-2009, 05:17 AM   #201
ss.org Regular

Darkmek is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!! Thankyou ^^
Darkmek is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-27-2009, 09:54 AM   #202
Needs more strings

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Seeing this stuff written down has made me deem Tosin even more crazy than I already had
Eagerly awaiting Thoroughly at Home, which just happens to be my favourite song on the album
EtherealEntity is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 10:11 AM   #203
SS.org Regular

splinter8451 is a glorious beacon of lightsplinter8451 is a glorious beacon of lightsplinter8451 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Actually seeing the tabs for a lot of the solos made me wonder why it sounds so awesome when he is just playing the same scales I always do

However most of it I was like... MIND BLOWN. Modern Meat is so fun to play. That is one I definitely cannot comprehend the musicality behind.

"And I want a blowjob from Emma Watson, but sometimes we just gotta deal with what we're given!" -The Armada

my youtube channel- http://www.youtube.com/user/vitreusMD?feature=mhum SikTh, Cyclamen After the Burial covers. More on the way!
splinter8451 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 10:54 AM   #204
Some Say...

glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
i know right? when i was tabbing the stuff, i was amazed at how many fourths he used, because at that speed they arent really that common. i wouldnt put it past him having improved most of the solos, then going back and learning a "replayable" version of them because some parts of that album are just wacked to shit lol. id tab one part like, this is genius, then the next measure, , then ! and then back to

phew, just took a huge smilie dump.

oh, and modern meat isnt as out there as you may think. i did my college jazz band for 5 years, and pretty much all of the chords therein were just jazz extensions, and the single line stuff is straight out of the bucky pizzarelli lick book. but he phrases them in free time which adds a nice fluid element to the music (there was no option for free time in GP5 so i had to make up time sigs). anywho, GET BACK TO PRACTICING.

some of you will be stoked to know, i just started tabbing WAVE OF BABIES i dont know how that track didnt make it onto the album, but it is SAVAGE. ive got about 2 min. of it done already, minus the solo. thoroughly at home is just gonna have to wait lol.

Last edited by glassmoon0fo; 12-28-2009 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
glassmoon0fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2009, 08:25 AM   #205
Needs more strings

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
Don't suppose anyone wants to tab Wave of Babies? It's quickly become one of my favourites I wonder why it didn't make it to the album.
Unread 12-28-2009, 10:03 AM   #206
Big Bear

PeteyG has much to be proud ofPeteyG has much to be proud ofPeteyG has much to be proud ofPeteyG has much to be proud ofPeteyG has much to be proud ofPeteyG has much to be proud of
I think it's just because it was recorded a while after the rest of the album was recorded. Remember that there was about a year between completion of the album and release.
PeteyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2009, 10:08 AM   #207
Needs more strings

Ah, cool I didn't know much about this and assumed it was an early demo track that was made BEFORE the album.
Unread 12-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #208
Some Say...

glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassmoon0fo View Post
some of you will be stoked to know, i just started tabbing WAVE OF BABIES i dont know how that track didnt make it onto the album, but it is SAVAGE. ive got about 2 min. of it done already, minus the solo. thoroughly at home is just gonna have to wait lol.
guess you missed that part lol
Unread 12-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #209
SS.org Regular

splinter8451 is a glorious beacon of lightsplinter8451 is a glorious beacon of lightsplinter8451 is a glorious beacon of light
I figured Wave Of Babies was not on the album because it is so different then the other tracks on the album. The heavy parts are more in the front of the mix then in the actual CD's mixes.

It is like... Thoroughly At Home pt. 2 that didn't make the cut

And yeah Glassmoon the more I go through Modern Meat the easier it is to comprehend what he was doing. I need to do me some jazz studying so I can write stuff like that, classical guitar is not gonna get me there

"And I want a blowjob from Emma Watson, but sometimes we just gotta deal with what we're given!" -The Armada

my youtube channel- http://www.youtube.com/user/vitreusMD?feature=mhum SikTh, Cyclamen After the Burial covers. More on the way!
Unread 12-28-2009, 11:54 AM   #210
Needs more strings

Quote:
guess you missed that part lol
Unread 12-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #211
SS.org Regular

ScottyB724 is a jewel in the rough
Will some kind soul please send some wave of babies my way?

scottyb72490@gmail.com

thanks!
ScottyB724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2009, 03:33 PM   #212
SS.org Regular

That depends... are you going to make this first and only post only to receive this song from me or are you going to contribute to the forum even after I send you this?

Does not matter to me dude it is on the way haha you're welcome.

Unread 12-29-2009, 04:11 PM   #213
SS.org Regular

ScottyB724 is a jewel in the rough
Well I just stumbled upon this forum recently from a link on UG, and my first seven string will be arriving at my doorstep tomorrow, so I will definitely be sticking around and posting here and there. And I absolutely love AAL so I must have this track! haha

edit: thanks!
ScottyB724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2009, 04:41 PM   #214
SS.org Regular

No prob man, welcome to the forum! I think you will find it is a little nicer here then UG.

Unread 12-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #215
Resident burnout.

Colton165 is a jewel in the rough
MUCH nice and in general, better than UG.

Although... my POD question has not been answered here, nor on Line6, nor UG. lol
Colton165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2009, 11:03 PM   #216
Billy

Balrogmoshpit will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton165 View Post
MUCH nice and in general, better than UG.

Although... my POD question has not been answered here, nor on Line6, nor UG. lol

What was your question?

"That Was an acciDJent waiting to happen..."

"It scared me Djentless."

Balrogmoshpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2009, 11:18 AM   #217
Some Say...

im about half finished with wave of babies already, but the second half has most of crazy shit in it so itll be a minute.

also, id like to take this oportunity to recognize Insiren's insane drum tracking skills on GP5. the drums to inamorata are complete, and i'd almost rather listen to the GP5 file than the real thing thanks to that guys tallentill update on UG.com in a few, you guys should check it out.
Unread 12-31-2009, 07:49 AM   #218
Needs more strings

Quote:
im about half finished with wave of babies already, but the second half has most of crazy shit in it so itll be a minute.

also, id like to take this oportunity to recognize Insiren's insane drum tracking skills on GP5. the drums to inamorata are complete, and i'd almost rather listen to the GP5 file than the real thing thanks to that guys tallentill update on UG.com in a few, you guys should check it out.
Awesome, can't wait to hear.

I notice many of these songs mainly on the clean guitar have parts that would need to be fingerpicked/hybrid picked, I'm presuming. Couldn't find many clear clips of him playing though. Guess it's time to get my fingerpicking up to scratch
Unread 12-31-2009, 02:13 PM   #219
SS.org Regular

Dude glassmoon do you know a few of the fingerings changed from your unfinished to your finished version of Tempting Time? Particularly the 6 finger tapping bit.

The way you had before and the way you demonstrate in your video is definitely the correct way but all the fingerings are changed in the final version.

Here is what I mean, this is the old way, the way Tosin plays it in the videos:

And now here is the way it is in the final tab...

The first way is so much easier and I think you meant for it to stay that way so I do not understand I am sticking with the earlier tab for Tempting Time you sent me a while back. The fingerings are much more accurate to the live videos. The final version does not have the multi-hand tapping in the intro either, which I thought was weird because in the live videos Tosin is clearly playing both of the parts, the chug pull offs on the B and the chords on the higher strings by tapping.

Sorry to question your changes if you indeed meant them but I am having trouble understanding them

Unread 12-31-2009, 02:26 PM   #220
8 year Bassist

insiren will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by splinter8451 View Post
Dude glassmoon do you know a few of the fingerings changed from your unfinished to your finished version of Tempting Time? Particularly the 6 finger tapping bit.

The way you had before and the way you demonstrate in your video is definitely the correct way but all the fingerings are changed in the final version.

Here is what I mean, this is the old way, the way Tosin plays it in the videos:

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/2609/ttright.jpg

And now here is the way it is in the final tab...

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/7987/weirdnewway.jpg

The first way is so much easier and I think you meant for it to stay that way so I do not understand I am sticking with the earlier tab for Tempting Time you sent me a while back. The fingerings are much more accurate to the live videos. The final version does not have the multi-hand tapping in the intro either, which I thought was weird because in the live videos Tosin is clearly playing both of the parts, the chug pull offs on the B and the chords on the higher strings by tapping.

Sorry to question your changes if you indeed meant them but I am having trouble understanding them

that was my bad, i must have posted the wrong file when i put together the rar. the correct file should be on UG though, im gonna post an update of all the AAl tabs soon on here that will all be corrected.
insiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2009, 02:29 PM   #221
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by insiren View Post
that was my bad, i must have posted the wrong file when i put together the rar. the correct file should be on UG though, im gonna post an update of all the AAl tabs soon on here that will all be corrected.
Alright I have been looking at it for the last couple days like... wtf is up with this? So I finally decided to say something and there we go I was correct

Thanks dude. Let us know when the updated ones are up. Ill grab them off UG.

Unread 12-31-2009, 02:45 PM   #222
8 year Bassist

will do sir. sorry for the confusion.

p.s Ive started drums on Waves of babies, and it is coming out beautifully. man this song is just TOO FAT!
Unread 12-31-2009, 03:33 PM   #223
SS.org Regular

haha you guys think Thoroughly At Home will ever be complete? Or is it a lost cause?

Unread 12-31-2009, 08:56 PM   #224
8 year Bassist

eventually as soon as we get the correct tuning from Tosin.
glassmoon actually has an arrangement for it, but the fingerings are not as tosin plays it live so were waiting for his response to finish it.
Unread 12-31-2009, 10:42 PM   #225
SS.org Regular

I told Chris that maybe you guys should email Bulb for a quicker response. I dunno if he passed that along to you or not. Bulb will most likely respond to your question sooner.