homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques Discussions on Theory, member submitted lessons, practice regimens and everything else.

View Poll Results: Do you miss that newbie satisfaction feeling?
Yes. Ahh...good times good times...staying up until 1 in the morning trying to get that lick down 14 27.45%
No way! I wouldn't go back and experience that even if I had a timemachine. 18 35.29%
Sometimes. 19 37.25%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-19-2006, 12:26 AM   #26
7newb

Zane will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I Get that alot 2 expecially because i have been playing for only a year,
first thing i learned was the zelda game boy tune on an acoustic and i was like yes something that sounds a little like music.
just today i learned the whole natural scale and spent seven hours doing it and I feel awsome for that acomplishment.
Zane is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 07-19-2006, 11:04 AM   #27
F'king ............

distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.
^ That feeling rocks! I get that whenever I accomplish something on the piano these days!

Define 'well-adjusted'...

http://farsideguitars.blogspot.com/
distressed_romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2006, 12:23 PM   #28
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane
I Get that alot 2 expecially because i have been playing for only a year,
first thing i learned was the zelda game boy tune on an acoustic and i was like yes something that sounds a little like music.
just today i learned the whole natural scale and spent seven hours doing it and I feel awsome for that acomplishment.
Seeing as that flies in the face of every stereotype one would expect of a guy with a Korn avatar, let me just say that you, sir, rock. e-rep your way.

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2006, 12:42 AM   #29
7newb

Zane will become famous soon enough
Thnx
Zane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2006, 08:30 PM   #30
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You know whats better than that newbie feeling of satisfaction? "The Burn".. when you get done practicing and it feels like your hand just ran a mile. to me, thats way cooler than any other feeling on guitar, cause you know you're pushing your limits
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2006, 08:32 PM   #31
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Ken
You know whats better than that newbie feeling of satisfaction? "The Burn".. when you get done practicing and it feels like your hand just ran a mile. to me, thats way cooler than any other feeling on guitar, cause you know you're pushing your limits
or when you play a riff within a band setting..and you just get chills when everyone else starts playing along perfectly.

"I wish TV had a knob so you could turn up the intelligence. The one marked Brightness doesn't work."

Gallagher
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2006, 05:08 AM   #32
Poland CEO / RHLC

Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.
Well.. im still learning... so... its ....ing awesome that i learn/ already know some of my favourite songs...
Sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2006, 06:34 AM   #33
Maiden England

2powern is a jewel in the rough
I love the feeling of doing something new. I've hardly been playing in months, and I just sat down with some friends last weekend to jam, and I was playing faster/cleaner/crazier than ever before.
I'm going to attribute it to me forgetting my meager (sp?) knowledge of theory and just playing from the heart (groan).
And beer.
2powern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2006, 07:54 AM   #34
SS Contributor

Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
No, hell no. I miss being young, though. Ha!! My girlfriend used to tell me that I was practicing picking in my sleep. That shit drove me crazy. I'm still not right.
Ancestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2006, 11:58 AM   #35
SS.org Regular

JoryGriffin is just really niceJoryGriffin is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I was just talking with Elysian about that. The switch to shred, is amazing. There's 6 months of frustration, then it kind of comes to you. Not just that, but understanding the guitar as a voice. Instead of vocals telling you a story, you can interpret the guitar, you can feel it because you play it, and it shakes you to your core. Crazy things happen like you start listening to Mandy Moore because her vocals make you tear up, haha, and you realize that opera interests you all of a sudden. Notes become words.

That is officially the most motivating post i've ever read in my life... Skipped past it a gew times... everytime it gets me playing guitar

Official Gildenlow Fanboy
JoryGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote