homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques Discussions on Theory, member submitted lessons, practice regimens and everything else.

Like Tree134Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #601
Billy

Balrogmoshpit will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is there a Super Saiyan tab floating around anywhere??

"That Was an acciDJent waiting to happen..."

"It scared me Djentless."

Balrogmoshpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-12-2010, 01:31 PM   #602
Djentlemens :)

clems6belio is a jewel in the rough
Hey guys, I know my tab isn't perfect, that's why I posted it here ^^
I hope all of you, Periphery's fans, (and also Racecar's fans >.<) will check it to correct, arrange some parts which aren't accurate ^^

I love this song and I want to know how to play it correctly, if you can help me, please do it
clems6belio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2010, 12:36 AM   #603
Quantum Realm

KoenDercksen is a jewel in the rough
I'd assume every person capable of doing so is already working on it

Also, come on for buttersnips and insomnia... Can't wait ):
KoenDercksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2010, 03:37 AM   #604
Metal Meister

Static is a jewel in the rough
is there a not enough mana tab around here?
Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2010, 08:49 AM   #605

I have 2 tabs for Buttersnips (intro & solo) and one (which is pretty good) of Insomnia. → Free - Envoyez vos documents

Also the masterclass of misha, really usefull ^^ Guitar Messenger – Periphery: Misha Mansoor Masterclass (Part 1)

I did'nt saw any of Not enough mana.
Unread 10-16-2010, 03:51 AM   #606
SikTh Addict

ifklirarn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clems6belio View Post
Hey guys, I know my tab isn't perfect, that's why I posted it here ^^
I hope all of you, Periphery's fans, (and also Racecar's fans >.<) will check it to correct, arrange some parts which aren't accurate ^^

I love this song and I want to know how to play it correctly, if you can help me, please do it
1 thing you did wrong was the main or whatever riff (the one that starts off on the 28th bar) where it's 15-14-12 on the lowest string, it's supposed to be 0-14-12. In the video where Misha and Jake tries the Axe-fx + Atomic MB-50, Jake plays that riff so that makes me even more that it's supposed to be that way.
ifklirarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2010, 03:05 PM   #607

Okay thanks, I think you're right. I corrected it ^^
Unread 10-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #608
ss.org Regular

teamhonda15 is on a distinguished road
what do you have to click on to get the racecar tab?
teamhonda15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2010, 03:26 AM   #609
SikTh Addict

ifklirarn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Okay thanks, I think you're right. I corrected it ^^
No problem =), great tab btw
ifklirarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2010, 03:47 AM   #610
Needs more strings

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamhonda15 View Post
what do you have to click on to get the racecar tab?
Télécharger ce fichier
EtherealEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2010, 07:49 PM   #611
SS.org Regular

concertjunkie is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
anyone happen to know the tuning for Chocolate Flobs?
concertjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2010, 10:28 PM   #612
ss.org Regular

keita88 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know if there any As it were... tabs around and if that song is played on a 7 string or not? I can't really tell
keita88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 01:43 AM   #613
ss.org Regular

teamhonda15 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealEntity View Post

after you get to that website what do you click on. It says I have to have a username.
teamhonda15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 07:17 AM   #614
edxgxsrfrz

Psychobuddy is just really nicePsychobuddy is just really nice
^I just put in Racecar...it worked perfectly.
Psychobuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 10:08 AM   #615
The DeRailer

silentrage is a name known to allsilentrage is a name known to allsilentrage is a name known to allsilentrage is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I got the username/password prompt too, and I tried Racecar, it didn't work.
silentrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 10:52 AM   #616
Needs more strings

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Okay guys, i put the tab here : Free - Envoyez vos documents

password : djent
No need for username.
Unread 10-18-2010, 02:53 PM   #617

I finished the tab yesterday.

Here my final version → Free - Envoyez vos documents

If you have other corrections, tell me
Unread 10-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #618
Another Sinking Shit

Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.
Owkay, so I really don't have time to correct these myself so i'll just point you the bars I hear major mistakes you've made.

So, the main riff. The notes should be correct except for the chords (and intervals), which seems to be flawed by notes as well. (Yes, the rhythm ain't right either.)
The main 0, 12, 14 seems to be, either somewhat correct or perfect, but the drums sound flawed. (Yes, I am a drummer as well and I know what drums should sound on GP.) Check that, because if you're wanting ppl to check your tab further the main riff really, really matters a lot.

As for the chords... Okay, so when you're tabbing, do ALWAYS check time signatures first. Especially when tabbing progressive genre. And Periphery does have a lot of odd time signatures, and time signature changes in their music, even between meters. (Meaning that the western "Either 4/4, or 3/4, changes appear only between parts, never inside a part [Chorus, Verse, etc.]." approach is braked)
What I'm pointing at is the bars 32-33 (that are repeated throughout the whole beginning). The time signatures (IMO ofc) goes 3/4 to 4/4. You can hear it from nuances in vocals, drums, guitar, and bass. That's the basis. When you have that figured out, figure out the rhythm. Then notes.

After that you should be able to move on to "B1" as you have named it. B1 is to my ear, perfect. So next on comes C1, witch also seems to be correct! Next flaw that i found was in the bar 82. The last beat of the lick should be triplets. (three 16th triplets and one 8th note) Not sure about the melody though.

Section of four bars that start from 83 should all be 4/4.

"Clean" -part is basically correct. Only for the notes, tho. Time signatures are wrong. When identifying time sigs it's always important to keep one thing in mind: Practicality. You are making the tab for people, who want to learn it and music is more than just notes and the basic rhythm. Always try to double check the chords after you've made them in the tab. Double checking is done by simply counting in your mind with in the time sigs you've just written (in this case that'd be 4/4 and 3/4, which I think are wrong) GP playing in the background!

IMO (I'm not saying that you can't think differently, It's all subjective. I'm just trying to make you think the way most practical and, well legit?) the bars should go like this: 6/8, 4/8, 6/8, 6/8. (Dot represents ending of a phrase) 6/8, 4/8, 6/8, 6/8, 4/8. (repeat, not sure about the last phrase though. It happens to differ a lot when dealing with Periphery stuff.)

When we get to back to the rhythmic sections (see? no corrections on the solo! ) I can assure you that 173-184 is wrong. By notes, and partly by rhythm.

190 has something dissonate in the harmony between two cleans that i don't hear in the original song.

As you have figured out yourself: E1 is "not absolutely accurate". You're right about that. Now again. Start from time sigs. Then comes the rhythm. Between all phrases be sure to check out that it's absolutely correct. That's the key to the most accurate tab.

About "Heavy riff" i don't really know about the notes. The notes sound right. Too bad that drums ain't really not that good. Check them!

Too lazy for A3...

F1. Not sure, but IMO there is no one guitar that plays the melody by octaves, but all the guitars (or some?) play the melody on the highest played string (and voice). Aka: Check the notes from lead guitar and change the little finger notes to those notes.

Anyone knows about the Drop-C thing? I'm not really buying the idea of guitar change in the middle of that song. (Oh yes I might be wrong as well)

Not sure about the 334 first couple of chords.

"Variante" sounds flawed. Not sure though.

I'd suggest to check out 361.

Loomis solo is ridiculously well tabbed, though the slow rhythms at the beginning are flawed. Thumbs up for that!

Check out "Heavy riff 3" again...

Suggesting you to check 470 time sig again. IMO it's 4/4 most of the way.

That's all for now. I have plenty of arguments for the parts I've mentioned, but if you think that my corrections are flawed remember that it's all subjective!

Ps. Try to get the instrumental version of the CD. It's a good help. Still remember to keep your ear on the actual song. Vocals can tell you more than you think.
Kurkkuviipale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 04:10 PM   #619
Needs more strings

As mentioned before - there's plenty of mistakes. I don't mean to put you down with that! Thank you SO MUCH for an incredible basis tab that just needs some touching up. Been waiting for this since the album came out and you've done an incredible job to finish this
Unread 10-18-2010, 04:16 PM   #620
Another Sinking Shit

Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.
^That's pretty much what I forgot to add to the text.

We are really thankful of your incredible work!
Unread 10-18-2010, 04:59 PM   #621

Thank you guys I love this song and I use guitar pro for years ^^

Thank you so much for your correction, this will be really usefull.
"Will be" because in France it's 11h30 pm and I wake up at 6 a.m tomorow >.< so I will check it then.
Then I absolutely agree with you, when I was too lazy or when I couldn't hear notes or rythm, I tabbed my own interpretation, so the tab is not accurate. But in a 15 minutes song, that's normal.

The tuning changes in the middle of the song yeah, I read it in the Misha's interview here → Guitar Messenger – Periphery: Misha Mansoor Masterclass (Part 2)

To finish, I did'nt understand all you say, for the same reason I don't speak well English, I'm french, but your comment was clear.
I know now what I have to correct.
Thank you for your help, this is what I hoped
Unread 10-18-2010, 05:22 PM   #622
Another Sinking Shit

No problem dude. I totally agree with the length and all... Have tabbed a few Periphery song myself and man, Totla Mad is only 3 minute long and I almost got frustrated at it.
Unread 10-18-2010, 06:27 PM   #623
Eye of Agamotto

davemeistro has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
The tuning changes in the middle of the song yeah, I read it in the Misha's interview here → Guitar Messenger – Periphery: Misha Mansoor Masterclass (Part 2)
The tuning doesn't change in the middle of the song. The tuning for Racecar is Bb Db Ab Db Gb Bb Eb. The reason Misha played that section of the song was because the guitar he had was a six string tuned to CGCFAD, which is only a half step down from the top six strings in the Racecar tuning, and that section of the song doesn't use the seventh string.
davemeistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 09:15 PM   #624
Is Encircle

AlucardXIX is just really niceAlucardXIX is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemeistro View Post
The tuning doesn't change in the middle of the song. The tuning for Racecar is Bb Db Ab Db Gb Bb Eb. The reason Misha played that section of the song was because the guitar he had was a six string tuned to CGCFAD, which is only a half step down from the top six strings in the Racecar tuning, and that section of the song doesn't use the seventh string.
This times 1000

The biggest problem with this tab is the tuning. It makes some riffs extremely impractical to play, and also excludes some notes from chords. Changing the tuning will give you a massive amount of room to improve.

I'll look through the tab when I get home(about a week...) I may have mentioned it before, but Nolly showed me how to play most of the first part of the song, I'll try to correct what I can.

It's not the end of the world...But you can see it from here.
Download my full album "Watch The Sky Fall" for free! http://encircle.bandcamp.com/
www.youtube.com/alucardxix
www.soundclick.com/alucardxix
www.soundcloud.com/alucardxix
AlucardXIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 02:10 AM   #625

Should be cool, thanks ^^