homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques Discussions on Theory, member submitted lessons, practice regimens and everything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-13-2004, 08:14 AM   #1
Paolo

WayneCustom7 is a name known to allWayneCustom7 is a name known to allWayneCustom7 is a name known to allWayneCustom7 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Chords Please!

Ok last night I was searching the net for 7 String Chords...I kinda play my own, and I also found a program that has a bunch of chords for 7 strings...however, they look funny. I really like what HateBreed did on another post, that was easy to follow and understand...so if anyone has some time on their hands, I know that is asking alot...thanks!

"and we'll also be establishing, beyond all scientific doubt, that ANY note can be made to sound good over ANY chord, so long as you put it in the right place!" Guthrie Govan
WayneCustom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-13-2004, 10:13 AM   #2
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I've been meaning to do a chording lesson for 7-strings over at www.extendedrangeguitar.com for quite some time- I'll try to do it this week and get it up over there.

-D

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2004, 10:19 AM   #3
Paolo

WayneCustom7 is a name known to allWayneCustom7 is a name known to allWayneCustom7 is a name known to allWayneCustom7 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
I've been meaning to do a chording lesson for 7-strings over at www.extendedrangeguitar.com for quite some time- I'll try to do it this week and get it up over there.

-D
Thanks Drew, I'm still searching...I'm not really big on theory, but I love those chord diagrams...its wierd but I really want to learn the most I can on my seven...thanks!

"and we'll also be establishing, beyond all scientific doubt, that ANY note can be made to sound good over ANY chord, so long as you put it in the right place!" Guthrie Govan
Unread 12-13-2004, 11:41 AM   #4
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
[Lesson] Basic Scale & Chord Construction
Which chords are these?
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2004, 11:46 AM   #5
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Ahh, see, I'm big on theory. It's useful, in a pinch.

-D

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

Unread 12-13-2004, 11:56 AM   #6
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Quote:
Ahh, see, I'm big on theory. It's useful, in a pinch.

-D
Theory rules \m/

BTW, is that the uni you're getting in the Avatar?
Unread 12-13-2004, 12:02 PM   #7
Paolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HateBreeder
Yes thank-you I have seen those, those are the ones I was referring to in my original post...I will start with those until I can find more...thanks!

Unread 12-13-2004, 12:11 PM   #8
Fear the Polo!

haha, good catch, uploaded it like 5 minutes ago.

Yeah, I resized one of the pics- it's nopt quite that creme in person, apparently (too bad, i sorta like it), and you can't see the occasional ding and chip (which I rather like- there's something hot about vintage-y white guitars that have taken some abuse, a fondness that probably dates back to my roots as a strat/blues nut, lol). I'm just working out payment method now, and hopefulyl will have a check (or similar form of currency) out tonight.

Aside from the green one (just cause of the maple board), this is probably my favorite UV model. It's a tossup between this and the 777, of course, but both are probably the most mature offerings on the table, and all I'm playing live of late is blues and blues rock, so that counts for something...

-D

Unread 12-13-2004, 12:54 PM   #9
Hates the Air

Quote:
haha, good catch, uploaded it like 5 minutes ago.

Yeah, I resized one of the pics- it's nopt quite that creme in person, apparently (too bad, i sorta like it), and you can't see the occasional ding and chip (which I rather like- there's something hot about vintage-y white guitars that have taken some abuse, a fondness that probably dates back to my roots as a strat/blues nut, lol). I'm just working out payment method now, and hopefulyl will have a check (or similar form of currency) out tonight.

Aside from the green one (just cause of the maple board), this is probably my favorite UV model. It's a tossup between this and the 777, of course, but both are probably the most mature offerings on the table, and all I'm playing live of late is blues and blues rock, so that counts for something...

-D
Hopefully i'll get a UVPWH pretty soon \m/
Unread 12-13-2004, 01:47 PM   #10
Fear the Polo!

hahaha, nothing like building a collection.

Just make sure you play 'em all.

Unread 12-13-2004, 11:09 PM   #11
Paolo

OK guys, I'm trying something new...I used an online program called Guitar Codex, and I merged a B tuning and a reg tuning and clipped out a 7 string scale...what do you think:
Harmonic Minor in C and the second Roumanian Minor

Unread 12-14-2004, 06:37 AM   #12
ss.org Regular

macalpine88 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HateBreeder
Theory rules \m/
most people hate it, but i on the other hand love it
macalpine88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2004, 06:41 AM   #13
ss.org Regular

macalpine88 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneCustom7
OK guys, I'm trying something new...I used an online program called Guitar Codex, and I merged a B tuning and a reg tuning and clipped out a 7 string scale...what do you think:
Harmonic Minor in C and the second Roumanian Minor
if you want strange scales try thr harmonic major(1,2,3,4,5,b6,7) its a very unstable scale it has strange modes like lydian b3
macalpine88 is offline   Reply With Quote