homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques Discussions on Theory, member submitted lessons, practice regimens and everything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-28-2008, 01:42 PM   #1
Hylian Metal Master

Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Thumbs up NIDVDD! [56k friendly]

Ahh what do we have here?

And Drew's favorite part of the picstory. What to open this with...

Brutal.

Shreddz0rz

I can feel my alternate picking growing stronger already. \m/

I saw some parts of this instructional online, and I had to pick it up. $26 shipped 2-day, why not? Gilbert has a great attitude and sense of humor in his DVDs, and he makes it easy for intermediate shedders to strengthen technique by showing rythmic ways to play the scales at slower speeds.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-28-2008, 01:56 PM   #2
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Gilbert is awesome \m/
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 08:15 PM   #3
No More Mr. Nice Guy

Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Nice. Can't wait for some progress vid's.

...nice thongs too. Very Australian.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2008, 08:09 AM   #4
ペヤングマン

Zak1233 is a glorious beacon of lightZak1233 is a glorious beacon of lightZak1233 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
paul gilbert ftw!
Zak1233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #5
Hylian Metal Master

Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Ryan deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
So this video rocks. I've never really looked at alternate picking the way presented. Accenting upstrokes help a lot when string skipping. Is anyone else way better at ascending than descending? Descending just seems so unnatural sometimes :/
Unread 04-29-2008, 07:53 PM   #6
No More Mr. Nice Guy

Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
It's the other way around for me - I think I'm better at descending than ascending.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2008, 08:08 PM   #7
Trippin' balls

Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
^With me too.

Too much blood in my alcohol system
Kotex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2008, 08:47 PM   #8
ss.org Regular

adamgiroux is a jewel in the rough
that dvd is awesome. i like paul gilbert lessons, they're so helpful and totally entertaining at the same time.
adamgiroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 03:33 AM   #9
Empty

PostOrganic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
So this video rocks. I've never really looked at alternate picking the way presented. Accenting upstrokes help a lot when string skipping. Is anyone else way better at ascending than descending? Descending just seems so unnatural sometimes :/
Right now I'm better at ascending as well. Because awhile back I did a whole lot of 1234 and neglected to go 4321. Now I am doing a lot of 4321... it seems to be fixing most of my left hand problems so hopefully I'll be equally as good at both soon.

I really need to pick up one of his DVD's though.. from the clips I've seen he makes a great teacher and isn't boring to watch.
PostOrganic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 12:16 PM   #10
Hylian Metal Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostOrganic View Post
Right now I'm better at ascending as well. Because awhile back I did a whole lot of 1234 and neglected to go 4321. Now I am doing a lot of 4321... it seems to be fixing most of my left hand problems so hopefully I'll be equally as good at both soon.

I really need to pick up one of his DVD's though.. from the clips I've seen he makes a great teacher and isn't boring to watch.
Yah man, I need to start laying down the law on myself and say, for ever time i do an ascending pattern, it must be followed by a descending one But yah, he talks to you like youre on the same level, which is cool. And the magic tricks dont hurt either haha
Unread 04-30-2008, 01:24 PM   #11
I LIKE JUICE!!!

TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

"Tom, you're like 1 part a serious dork, and 2 parts the most awesome ....ing guy ever." -
TomAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 01:52 PM   #12
Mid-Level Asshole

7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
imo, paul gilbert is probably the best video guitar teacher there is, hes actually trying to help you, i'v seen some petrucci vids, and while he is trying to help, he just blasts you with over the top shit that novices could never learn

Confront and Destroy!
7 Strings of Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 03:55 PM   #13
Dude..for real?

Gilbucci is a name known to allGilbucci is a name known to allGilbucci is a name known to allGilbucci is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Gilbert and Lane are the best video teachers ever. They seem like they sincerely care about your guitar playing.
Gilbucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2008, 02:50 AM   #14
Empty

PostOrganic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Strings of Hate View Post
i'v seen some petrucci vids, and while he is trying to help, he just blasts you with over the top shit that novices could never learn
Really? I found Petrucci's Rock Discipline to be fairly useful no matter what the skill level. But it does hurt the ego when he's doing 200+ bpm in some exercise, and he's like "ok lets pretend that was hard" and then turns the metronome down a few notches.
PostOrganic is offline   Reply With Quote