homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques Discussions on Theory, member submitted lessons, practice regimens and everything else.

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Velixo
  • 3 Post By Mr. Big Noodles
  • 5 Post By Mr. Big Noodles
  • 1 Post By SirMyghin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #1
ss.org Regular

Velixo has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lovely jazz chords that can be used for metal!

I found a youtube video with a bunch of lovely chords, sounds like they can be used in Haunted Shores types of stuff ^^ Just wanted to share this!
amonb likes this.
Velixo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
Theory God

Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
"This is probably the most challenging assignment in the whole course."

What, playing root position and first inversion I ii V I's?
Empryrean, Cabinet and niffnoff like this.

Skype theory lessons. PM me.
Mr. Big Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Playing them off the cuff can get tricky, for the first time anyway

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 02:06 AM   #4
SS.org Regular

Maniacal is a name known to allManiacal is a name known to allManiacal is a name known to allManiacal is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've heard rumours of a new course coming out soon... A minor pentatonic shape 1

NOO!!!!

Books, posters, play along lessons and apps!

I teach on Skype - If you purchased my books, first lesson is free!

http://www.shredtraining.com

Please subscribe to my YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/shredtraining
Maniacal is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 02:26 AM   #5
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
If you're looking for a band to steal some chords that aren't power chords from to use in metal I would look at some Holdsworth stuff.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 03:12 AM   #6
Theory God

Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.
OP, I made a chord chart that relates to that video. The dude's using the shapes in the first two columns (root position and first inversion). The second and third inversion shapes are a bonus. There are some alternate note choices in there, too. For instance, if one shape contains two thirds, you can choose either one and omit the other, or play both. Generally, you don't want to double any chord members, so as to keep the voicing light and easier to finger. Also, the fifth of the chord can be omitted in most scenarios. Hope you appreciate.

Edit: I added some shapes for building the same chords on the A string. And, what the hell, here are some D string patterns, as well.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SeventhChords-Inversions.pdf (42.9 KB, 92 views)
File Type: pdf SeventhChords-Inversions-A.pdf (42.3 KB, 52 views)
File Type: pdf SeventhChords-Inversions-D.pdf (40.6 KB, 34 views)
Metalus, CD1221, niffnoff and 2 others like this.
Unread 04-27-2012, 03:40 AM   #7
/\'...'/\

toiletstand is a glorious beacon of lighttoiletstand is a glorious beacon of lighttoiletstand is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
if he doesnt. i do! as always (please refer to your rep log)
toiletstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 03:48 AM   #8
Theory God

Well, alright, but I don't see what... OH JESUS, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!?

Thanks!
Unread 04-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #9
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchecterWhore View Post
OP, I made a chord chart that relates to that video. The dude's using the shapes in the first two columns (root position and first inversion). The second and third inversion shapes are a bonus. There are some alternate note choices in there, too. For instance, if one shape contains two thirds, you can choose either one and omit the other, or play both. Generally, you don't want to double any chord members, so as to keep the voicing light and easier to finger. Also, the fifth of the chord can be omitted in most scenarios. Hope you appreciate.
2nd inversion chords are one of the worlds greatest bonus's. I am a rather large fan of that voicing.
toiletstand likes this.

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote