homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques Discussions on Theory, member submitted lessons, practice regimens and everything else.

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-07-2012, 01:01 AM   #51
ESaD ;)

Divinehippie is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sorry for necrobump but has anyone made any more progress? would love to learn some of these tabs, especially contact.

"On another note... the lower I tune my bass, the more its balls grow."-ZEBOV

"Every time i see a thread about good basses for metal i picture hundreds of talkbass users throwing keyboards against walls"-GenghisCoyne

www.facebook.com/robertbartonVT (current project. alt rock/indi/blusey stuff)
www.facebook.com/headofthetraitor (RIP)
Divinehippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-07-2012, 01:16 AM   #52
Needs moar Gear.....

BlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud of
Your best bet would be getting lessons from Robby or Cameron when bandhappy starts up

RobbyContortionist | BANDHAPPY
ibanezcam | BANDHAPPY
BlindingLight7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #53
SS.orgLocalArchitect

crg123 is a name known to allcrg123 is a name known to allcrg123 is a name known to allcrg123 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Bump for new album! Would love to hear any tabs/ attempts at tabing these songs you guys have made.
crg123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 02:39 PM   #54
The Care Cup's Empty

Psyy is a jewel in the rough
New album tabs required!
Psyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #55
Letīs Get Wasted!

jarnozz is a glorious beacon of lightjarnozz is a glorious beacon of lightjarnozz is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Does someone got the tab for vessel, for a 7 string? would love you forever! hahaha

heaven's closed, hell's sold out. So I walk on the earth.

http://jverheesen.wix.com/vejaguitars
My new website, go check it out
jarnozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #56
Needs moar Gear.....

BlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud ofBlindingLight7 has much to be proud of
need dreaming schematics tabs, naow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarnozz View Post
Does someone got the tab for vessel, for a 7 string? would love you forever! hahaha
The tune the 6's like a 7 string, so you're fine.

I'm on a rock floating through space.
BlindingLight7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 10:44 AM   #57
Jenova's witness

Chronophobia is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindingLight7 View Post
need dreaming schematics tabs, naow

The tune the 6's like a 7 string, so you're fine.
Where did you hear that? It would make things easier for me if that were true but I can't be sure.

Edit: Here's my rough first two minutes of Dreaming Schematics in gp5 form. I can't be bothered to fill in the other instruments until I'm done the guitar parts.

http://www.mediafire.com/?y1k4ebu49c0sshn

If anyone wants, I can export it in a different file format.
Chronophobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #58
Pretty Your Petunia

brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
[QUOTE=Chronophobia;3135224]Where did you hear that? It would make things easier for me if that were true but I can't be sure.
/QUOTE]

they tune to drop g# on the first album on six strings. so just tune your lowest 6 strings accordingly.

and they use 7's on the new album, and use there new ibby 7's without a hitch live.

Check out my band

Facebook.come/forsythiaofficial

My youtube
youtube.com/therealgtarbeast666

I don't think that we ever thought of it as the equivalent of music, as the end-goal was to buy more in-game slut clothes-- schecterwhore on rock band

Im a super chill mellow ambient slut. --7 STRINGS OF HATE
brutalwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #59
Jenova's witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalwizard View Post
they tune to drop g# on the first album on six strings. so just tune your lowest 6 strings accordingly.

and they use 7's on the new album, and use there new ibby 7's without a hitch live.
Ah, I thought BlindingLight meant that they tune G#D#G#C#F#A# as opposed to G#D#G#C#FA#.

All confusion aside, we need more tabbers in here... my work is coming very slowly for Dreaming Schematics as my guitar's been in the shop for 3 weeks now (long story). I unfortunately was forced to tab it out without a real guitar. I've tabbed out the ending of the song too but I'll post that when I've got more overall progress.

If anyone could give me tips on the tab, such as a better way to work out the time sigs (e.g. "it all works out in 4/4!") then let me know!

Anyone else agree their new stuff is awesome and mindblowing? I absolutely love Intrinsic. I could even go as far as to say it's "better" than Exoplanet... but then again, they are two very different records. Personally, I seem to enjoy Intrinsic more, however novelty does have a strong effect on me so there could be a strong bias there. I'd like to hear others' thoughts on this, and more importantly... I'd like to hear more TABS on this!
Unread 08-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #60
no refutin' rasputen

goherpsNderp is a jewel in the rough
I'd like to get soft background intro lick to Anatomy Anomalies if at all possible. Seems like it would be fun to diddle around with to warm up before practicing. Even if a 7 string file, at least I will be able to learn how to do it. I can just transpose to my 6.

i'm going to break all your arms off
goherpsNderp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #61
Jenova's witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by goherpsNderp View Post
I'd like to get soft background intro lick to Anatomy Anomalies if at all possible. Seems like it would be fun to diddle around with to warm up before practicing. Even if a 7 string file, at least I will be able to learn how to do it. I can just transpose to my 6.
In their tuning, I think it's this:
Code:
E|-------2-5-2---------------2-5-2---------|
B|-----3-------3-----------3-------3-------|
G|---4-----------4-------4-----------4-----|
D|-5---------------5-2-5---------------5---|
A|---------------------------------------2-|
E|-----------------------------------------|
To play this in standard just play a fret lower.

Here's my updated version of Dreaming Schematics: [G#D#G#C#F#A#D#] Contortionist - Dreaming Schematics.gp5

I included the Anatomy Anomalies intro at the beginning of the tab. This update includes drums for the parts I've tabbed out, a couple new sections, and notes (if you press F5 in Guitar Pro). Unfortunately I can't edit my previous post (no idea why) so I hope everyone's going to this new link instead of the old one!

Edit: Looks to me that Dreaming Schematics is played in A# standard. My next update will include the changes.
Unread 08-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #62
SS.org Regular

splinter8451 is a glorious beacon of lightsplinter8451 is a glorious beacon of lightsplinter8451 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Nice work man! Everything looks/sounds pretty close if not perfect.

The tuning detail is minor, most people can just make those transpositions on the fly.

Thank you my good sir, now I have a reason to not sell my 7.

"And I want a blowjob from Emma Watson, but sometimes we just gotta deal with what we're given!" -The Armada

my youtube channel- http://www.youtube.com/user/vitreusMD?feature=mhum SikTh, Cyclamen After the Burial covers. More on the way!
splinter8451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #63
Jenova's witness

Cool

TAB UPDATE!
This time I fixed the tuning to A# standard, filled in a number of sections, changed tempo/time sigs/etc. for certain parts, filled in drums, etc. etc.

If anyone can help me fill in the section with the chords and tremolo part, please do! I need some help on this 'cause I can't tell what they're playing through the crazy effect pedals.

If anyone has requests for another song on the album you'd like me to give a shot at, I'd be happy to try it out for you. I need a push to do this 'cause usually instead of playing guitar I'm gaming... so motivate me people!

[G#D#G#C#F#A#D#] Contortionist - Dreaming Schematics.gp5

@splinter8451 Thanks for recognizing my efforts, I'm glad I've helped. It was fun tabbing it out and I now have another song to jam to.
Unread 08-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #64
Jenova's witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronophobia View Post
TAB UPDATE!
This time I fixed the tuning to A# standard, filled in a number of sections, changed tempo/time sigs/etc. for certain parts, filled in drums, etc. etc.

If anyone can help me fill in the section with the chords and tremolo part, please do! I need some help on this 'cause I can't tell what they're playing through the crazy effect pedals.

If anyone has requests for another song on the album you'd like me to give a shot at, I'd be happy to try it out for you. I need a push to do this 'cause usually instead of playing guitar I'm gaming... so motivate me people!

[G#D#G#C#F#A#D#] Contortionist - Dreaming Schematics.gp5

@splinter8451 Thanks for recognizing my efforts, I'm glad I've helped. It was fun tabbing it out and I now have another song to jam to.
I edited the tab AGAIN, probably for the last time, unless someone gives me corrections/advice.

[A#D#G#C#F#A#D#] Contortionist - Dreaming Schematics.gp5

Edit: WOW I meant to post this as an edit to my previous post. Sorry for double posting... I didn't mean it I swear!
Unread 08-31-2012, 02:16 AM   #65
Jenova's witness

Sorry for a third post in a row, but I updated the tab once more and therefore have to supply a new link. I believe the tab to be mostly correct, however the clean/guitar effect sections may still be wonky. Also note that they tune their F# (third string) down to an F. In my tab I use regular A# standard tuning.

Again, if anyone has requests, I can try and tab something out from Intrinsic for you. I'm working on Sequential Vision next but it will come slowly unless people out there let me know they're waiting :P

Good luck people, I'd love to see more activity in here...
Unread 09-10-2012, 05:46 AM   #66
ss.org Regular

Transcendnyc is on a distinguished road
Dude I'm rooting for you that tab is great please tab as much of intrinsic as you can
Transcendnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #67
Jenova's witness

Updated tab:

I changed the guitar tracks to the band's tuning (A#D#G#C#FA#D#) and created a third guitar track in regular A# standard tuning for those who don't want to tune their F# down to an F.
I've made little to no progress on any other songs guys, sorry about that.
MstrH likes this.
Unread 09-19-2012, 02:32 AM   #68
SS.org Regular

allshallperishfan is headed in the right direction.
if someone can do a Causality tab id be so happy! i really wanna learn that song but dont have time or talent to figure it all out by ear
allshallperishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #69
ss.org Regular

MONTEREYJACK is on a distinguished road
I've got a disorganized shitheap of a tab going for Geocentric Confusion (the clean bit is about done, almost none of the first half). If anyone is interested in helping me out / just getting the second half, I'd be glad to post it.
MONTEREYJACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 02:46 AM   #70
Jenova's witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONTEREYJACK View Post
I've got a disorganized shitheap of a tab going for Geocentric Confusion (the clean bit is about done, almost none of the first half). If anyone is interested in helping me out / just getting the second half, I'd be glad to post it.
I'm definitely willing to take a stab at it!
Unread 10-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #71
ss.org Regular

Ok, here's what I have so far as a .gpx and .gp5 (though I'm pretty sure exporting as gp5 breaks everything). I haven't made much progress on the organization, but it sounds accurate.

GPX - Geocentric Confusion.gpx
GP5 - Geocentric Confusion GP5.gp5
Unread 10-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #72
Jenova's witness

I hate GP6! What a shame it doesn't export properly to GP5. Ah well. I tried copying over the tracks of the exported GP5 to a new GP5 file, and it seems to work, however the GP5 that you exported has a drum track with 7 lines on it, whereas a default drum track on GP5 has 6 lines. I found no way to change the number of lines that a drum track has... maybe this is what's causing the export to fail?

ANYWAY. I worked for an hour or so messing around with the intro, didn't get very far though. Here's my progress.

[G#D#G#C#F#A#D#] Contortionist - Geocentric Confusion.gp5

On measure 1-9, I find it very hard to hear precisely what they are playing. At the end of every second measure there is a triplet chord thing that is difficult to decipher. I believe I have the first one on the left guitar correct, however it's hard to tell what the right is playing. For the 2nd, 3rd and 4th one (measures 5, 7 and 9 respectively) both guitars seem to be playing the same thing each time. I just can't get it to sound perfect! The first and last bar are correct except for 1 note, I think.
I may end up pecking at it more in the future but there's so much in this song that I can't make out by ear due to how unclear I find the guitars sound.
Thanks a lot for your tabbing MONTEREYJACK!
Unread 10-16-2012, 02:14 AM   #73
ss.org Regular

One would think they'd have backwards compatibility figured out by their sixth version.

I've encountered the same problem, Chrono. I can't quite place it, but it's practically impossible to pick out the individual notes / harmonies during the heavy bits (hence why I focused on the clean bit). Perhaps it's the mixing, but it's damn hard. Anyhow, midterms are through so I'll have a bit more time to devote to this. Much obliged for the help, mate!
Unread 10-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #74
Jenova's witness

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONTEREYJACK View Post
One would think they'd have backwards compatibility figured out by their sixth version.

I've encountered the same problem, Chrono. I can't quite place it, but it's practically impossible to pick out the individual notes / harmonies during the heavy bits (hence why I focused on the clean bit). Perhaps it's the mixing, but it's damn hard. Anyhow, midterms are through so I'll have a bit more time to devote to this. Much obliged for the help, mate!
I'm seeing them live in Guelph, ON tonight, perhaps I'll get a glimpse of how they play certain parts. Then again, I probably won't! I want to be further back in the venue for sound quality. I'm sooo stoked... probably my fourth or fifth show ever.
Anyway, good luck with this song, sorry I haven't contributed much. I play an Agile 8-string in standard so I have to pitch-shift every song up to my guitar's tuning, then drop my low B down to an A PLUS lower the G a half step. It's not nice for my guitar and I even (unforgivably) forget to tune back up, and leave my guitar for 24+ hours like that. It's not very motivating!
Unread 12-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #75
do u evn djent fggt?

JosephAOI is a splendid one to beholdJosephAOI is a splendid one to beholdJosephAOI is a splendid one to beholdJosephAOI is a splendid one to beholdJosephAOI is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Bump for someone to tab out the groovy riff near the end of Feedback Loop?

EDIT: Here's a lazy tab of the first riff in Advent:
http://www.mediafire.com/?fei43p139c2ckrk

"Your picking hand scares me, Joseph" - My friend Pete

"If you can't enjoy one Meshuggah riff looped
for three hours straight, you're doing it wrong." -prh

"Having technical prowess is like masturbation: it's pretty
cool and it might please you, but there is still no emotional
connection between you and your hands." - broj15
JosephAOI is online now   Reply With Quote