homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Movies, Books, TV & Media
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Movies, Books, TV & Media Read or watch something new? Discuss it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-30-2009, 01:03 AM   #1
SS.org Regular

jaredowty is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dexter Season Four

Anyone here watch Dexter on Showtime? The fourth season just premiered Sunday and holy SHIT, does it look epic. John Lithgow only had two scenes with minimal dialogue but I already know he's going to be one of the best additions to the show yet.

For those who don't know: the show is about a guy named Dexter Morgan who by day is a blood spatter analyst for the Miami Metro Police Homicide Division who helps catch killers, and by night is secretly a serial killer who only kills bad people. He was adopted at a young age by Harry Morgan, a homicide detective who recognized early on that Dexter was a sociopath and had an unstoppable urge to kill (an urge which was conceived from a traumatic event in his childhood, revealed throughout the first season). Harry eventually decided to teach Dexter a code to only kill other murderers, ie only people who take innocent lives. Harry's code not only taught Dexter how to spot killers, but how to cover his tracks and keep his secret hidden away from the world around him, the ones closest to him (including his foster sister - Harry's biological daughter, who is also a cop on homicide), and perhaps most importantly, his own police department.

The moral ambiguity behind the concept of the show alone is interesting enough, it's also one of the most well-written and addictive shows on television. I can't recommend starting anywhere else but the first season for obvious reasons but they're all fantastic. I won't give away any other plot points because I really want everyone to see it for themselves.
jaredowty is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-30-2009, 02:39 AM   #2
SS.org Regular

maxident213 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Dexter is one of the best shows of the last few years - I can't wait to see how Season 4 goes. Didn't really care for the Skinner dude from season 3, but John Lithgow as Trinity looks awesome. I hope he is as good of an adversary for Dexter as Sgt. Doakes was - the tension between those two was fantastic.

Dexter =
maxident213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2009, 03:28 AM   #3
SS.org Regular

ykcirj is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I love this show. It's the only show i really follow on tv. I thought this season was gonna be a let down since the whole "dexter getting married" thing. But the premiere was awesome and had a big cliffhanger ending like usual. Can't wait to see more.
ykcirj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2009, 12:41 AM   #4
SRS BIDNIZZ

TruthDose is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Damn, I thought this was for Dexter's Laboratory...
TruthDose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2009, 06:22 PM   #5
SS.org Regular

jaredowty is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthDose View Post
Damn, I thought this was for Dexter's Laboratory...
Everyone seems to assume that at first...obviously this show is 100x better but I loved Dexter's Lab as a kid.

And Maxident I agree, season three was a little dull compared to the others but season four looks like it'll more than make up for it.
jaredowty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2009, 11:28 PM   #6
SS.org Regular

aphelion will become famous soon enough
Man, can't wait...although i have to wait a little longer than you guys to check it out, being in South Africa...definately the only show I have really been able to get into in the last few years...the only show I would actually buy the series of afterwards...season three was not as good as the first two, but it was still awesome!
aphelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2009, 03:06 AM   #7
z o m b i e 1 3

Zombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
I <3 Dexter, sadly I stopped getting showtime when the 3rd season started, so I am way behind
Zombie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #8
cali-cornia bluffer

asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I've seen season 1 and 2 on DVD recently. Awesome show.. I still need to watch season 3. I wish Duke was still in the series
asmegin_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2009, 06:16 AM   #9
Destroyer of Worlds

Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.Buzz762 is the epitome of metal.
I got a netflix subscription specifically to watch seasons 1&2 online and to watch season 3 on the DVDs since they aren't available to stream yet. I don't have showtime, so I'm stuck waiting for season four to be released before I can watch it.

It's going to be a long season of trying to avoid finding out what's happening. It seems like everybody I know is talking about it.
Buzz762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2009, 08:14 AM   #10
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
ive watched everything of the show so far, from season 1 to the latest episode. awesome show! John Lithgow is brilliant in this, and its such a different type of role compared to what im used to see him do. somehow it works really well, and hes got that creepy dominating vibe around him. i cant imagine anyone else playing the character.

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2009, 09:52 AM   #11
cali-cornia bluffer

asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I wonder what this season will be like now that both Morgans are actually married in real life?
asmegin_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2009, 03:19 AM   #12
SS.org Regular

So are you guys watching this shit? I was at the end of last Sunday's episode... I'm really gonna miss.... that person.

I was also glad to see Dex get back in touch with the Dark Passenger . He needed the holiday.

Damn, I want to discuss the events of this season here with fellow fans but I don't want to spit out things that people may not have seen yet.

Love this show!
Unread 10-21-2009, 07:34 AM   #13
ss.org Regular

Metaldave will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxident213 View Post
So are you guys watching this shit? I was at the end of last Sunday's episode... I'm really gonna miss.... that person.
Crap, I'm about to watch this one, now I'm itching to know who it is!

Fantastic show!
Metaldave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2009, 08:54 AM   #14
Huge nerd

RenegadeDave is a splendid one to beholdRenegadeDave is a splendid one to beholdRenegadeDave is a splendid one to beholdRenegadeDave is a splendid one to beholdRenegadeDave is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I saw the very first episode of the fourth season, honestly I was really disappointed. The second season was kind of meh and starting to get too Nip/Tuck-y (where there are like 3 over the top story threads per show).

Obviously, I'll watch the rest of the season, but I was not riveted at all by the first episode.

"No it doesn't surprise me you know origami. You know origami and play speed metal on 7 string guitars."

- my former boss
RenegadeDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2009, 03:17 PM   #15
You're no daisy.

Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
John Lithgow is brilliant in it.

"Does the brain control you or are you controlling the brain? I don't know if I'm in charge of mine." - Karl Pilkington
Karl Hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2009, 03:24 PM   #16
Banned

orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.orb451 is shredding to new heights.
Someone should make a Dexter Season 4 Spoiler thread so we can discuss what is/might happen and people that don't want the spoilers or haven't seen it, can avoid the thread easily!

This show kicks ass!
orb451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2009, 03:38 PM   #17
Burrito Master

mlp187 is just really nicemlp187 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Rita is goddamn annoying. She needs her lips stitched shut.
mlp187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #18
Djent Junkie

samurai7drew is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp187 View Post
you know who else is actually starting to annoy me? harry. sometimes you just want to grab him and shake him and say.."shut the .... up dude!"

that might be what they're going for though. I think I get annoyed because dexter always looks so annoyed.

"All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at any given time is a function of power and not truth". - Friedrich Nietzsche
samurai7drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 10:58 AM   #19
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp187 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai7drew View Post
you know who else is actually starting to annoy me? harry. sometimes you just want to grab him and shake him and say.."shut the .... up dude!"
I couldn't agree more! Kill Rita off! It's a shame the bump on his head didn't make him stop seeing Harry!
Unread 10-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #20
Burrito Master

Amen brothers! I didn't even consider how much Harry annoyed the shit out of me!
Unread 10-23-2009, 12:08 PM   #21
you fail me

forelander is just really niceforelander is just really nice
There are spoiler tags if you guys wanna talk about stuff without ruining anything for others. It's just [spoiler] spoiler text [/ spoiler] without the space.

See? .... Rita, btw. Was seriously hoping the conclusion of the last episode would be "I have to kill them all," not, "I can't live without them."

Jetzt liegst du hier, ganz regungslos, in meiner hand und meinem scho, du bist so kalt...
forelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #22
SS.org Regular

+rep to forelander for that bit of information.

I can't believe they killed Lundy! Some might've found him annoying but he was probably my favourite character, after Dexter. I think they could have done a lot with him in future storylines - I had visions of Dexter & Lundy teaming up to hunt down all Lundy's "ones that got away."

I really enjoyed the scene where Lundy & Trinity met face-to-face, and Lundy immediately knew something was up. At the end of the episode, I looked back at that scene and said "well at least Lundy went out on the top of his game." He saw Trinity, and he knew. Then the look of recognition on his face when "the shooter" approached him & Deb.... it had to be Trinity.

The scene where Trinity basically forced that guy to beat him up, I was pondering that and I think maybe Trinity was trying to get himself killed - the third murder in his sequence is a man being bludgeoned to death. When the guy laid the boots to him and then walked away, Trinity twice said "it's all your fault." Meaning, IMO, that "you didn't kill me, now it all starts over again, it's all your fault." Just my take on it.

Now we'll have to go through more of Deb's emotional distress & problems with Anton (who is one character I am tired of seeing).

As far as Rita and the family, I've been wishing Dexter would just kill them all too but we know he won't do that. It was good to see them address the possibility of it in episode four though. Rita has certainly turned into a nagging, domineering housewife - I don't dislike her though. I think before the end of the season, we will see the secret of Rita's first husband come to the surface... Who knows, maybe she killed him....

Aaahhhh, it feels good to get that all out!
Unread 10-23-2009, 04:05 PM   #23
Burrito Master

I hadn't even considred the possibility of Trinity trying to get himself killed. That's brilliant.
I want dexter to kill Rita w/ his rooster. I would.
Unread 10-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #24
Real. Groggy. Human.

lobee is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/lobee is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/lobee is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/lobee is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/lobee is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/lobee is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/lobee is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
I really enjoyed the scene where Lundy & Trinity met face-to-face, and Lundy immediately knew something was up. At the end of the episode, I looked back at that scene and said "well at least Lundy went out on the top of his game." He saw Trinity, and he knew. Then the look of recognition on his face when "the shooter" approached him & Deb.... it had to be Trinity.
I think Trinity forced the meeting with Lundy for some reason. I mean, if he knew Lundy was on to him, surely he'd avoid him completely instead of walking right by him. I don't know, maybe I should re-watch the episode.

Also, the obvious shooter would be Trinity, yes, but I think they're going to throw a twist in and the shooter will be a jealous Anton. Just a guess.

Quote:

The scene where Trinity basically forced that guy to beat him up, I was pondering that and I think maybe Trinity was trying to get himself killed - the third murder in his sequence is a man being bludgeoned to death. When the guy laid the boots to him and then walked away, Trinity twice said "it's all your fault." Meaning, IMO, that "you didn't kill me, now it all starts over again, it's all your fault." Just my take on it.
His victims will all relate to his past, so they'll probably go into why he chooses who he does. Maybe he had an alcoholic father who beat him, so he eventually killed him. Now to repeat the cycle he has to find an alcoholic father of two who beats him. Getting intentionally beaten by the man outside of the bar was his way of finding his next victim.
lobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2009, 04:01 AM   #25
ss.org Regular

Aaah, spoilers can't be undone on my phone. Will have to look at the pc later