homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Movies, Books, TV & Media
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Movies, Books, TV & Media Read or watch something new? Discuss it here.

Like Tree171Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-03-2011, 04:58 AM   #176
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckackley View Post
Holy shit....

exactly my reaction.

"for the watch!"
Ckackley likes this.
petereanima is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-16-2011, 07:52 PM   #177
SS.org Regular

AxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshow86de View Post
Finished Dance with Dragons last night. What the hell kind of ending is that? I need resolution here George. I'd better not have to wait 5 years to get it either.

Finished a couple of nights ago and ..... If it takes him another five years to write it I might kill him just to spare the agony of having to wait five years for the next one.

LETS LEAVE EVERY ....ING CHARACTER WITH A HUGE ....ING CLIFF HANGER ENDING!!!!

BlackMesa and SirMyghin like this.
AxeHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 08:15 AM   #178
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.
Lankles, Sang-Drax, Xaios and 3 others like this.
Unread 11-26-2011, 10:27 AM   #179
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
I am excite......

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gunshow86de is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 03:20 PM   #180
SS.org Regular

Animus is headed in the right direction.
Love this series. I am on Storm of Swords and it is incredible.
Animus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:33 AM   #181
ss.org Regular

Kalan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cant wait for the new season, this has gotten me into reading once again!
Kalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #182
Murder Machine

Sepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of light
I effing love reading a good book and even gave a gam of thrones a gander, and i can DEFINTIELY see myself readin the entire series over a few weeks time. i have a bad habit of reading things well past betime, worse than gaming too.

though i shall have to pass on the book series for now, i watched the entire GoT tv series first and ....ing loved it, that Dwarf Character is by far my Favourite character. but with liking the TV show so much i don't want to jump on the novels, get to the end of the 5th one and be dissapointed with the TV show, cus there are differences between the books and the show and i know i'll slag on the shows future episodes if i read the books.

also i heard his 6th book should be out sometime this year, so not a 5 year wait this time for you guys loving the books.

BEARDS: They Instantly Turn Any Man Into A Badass, It's Like Having Machine Guns On Your Face
Sepultorture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 07:34 AM   #183
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.
^

I've read the whole series, and (so far) the HBO series does not disappoint. It's one of the best movie/TV adaptations I've ever seen.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

Unread 01-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #184
Nothing to see here

-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by petereanima View Post
exactly my reaction.

"for the watch!"
inb4 John Snow revived
-42- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #185
Is a Pastafarian

sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by -42- View Post
inb4 John Snow revived
that's kinda what I'm wondering.
does he die and come back like Beric? or does he come back crazy like Catelyn? or does he not die at all, and get super powers like Victarion?

you can never tell with those Red Priests

Soundcloud - New clip 9/16/2014
sakeido is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #186
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

I'm really looking forward to the second season of Game of Thrones, but I'm disappointed in George R.R. Martin's seeming inability to write any sort of even mildly happy ending. Nothing sucks more than rooting for hundreds of pages only to see a favorite character die, or get captured, or some bullshit.

If you're going to 'like' my posts, give me some rep instead.

"
i just laughed at my own reflection, not sure if ugly or drunk" -Murmel

The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #187
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Finally going to get around to reading A Dance with Dragons, currently re-reading a storm of sword in preparation though.

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #188
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakeido View Post
that's kinda what I'm wondering.
does he die and come back like Beric? or does he come back crazy like Catelyn? or does he not die at all, and get super powers like Victarion?

you can never tell with those Red Priests

Meanwhile, I really think he is not dead at all. I mean, we all know about GRRMs passion to let characters die, but for me it seems pretty clear that John, Dany and Tyrion are THE main characters, and I am reallyreally sure we will have them until the very end.

What were the words "the last stab, he already did not feel anymore" or something like that. This can mean actually everything...

Ghost was near, so maybe there is this Varg-thing going on, Johns mind going over into Ghosts body. This is what I currently think happened...but that can change again haha...
Will start a reread soon.
Unread 03-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #189
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
If Jon Snow is truly dead, then I don't know what I'll do. He's the guy I was rooting for the most. Sure, we'll still have Tyrion, but Jon's story was the most intriguing to me.

On another note, I picked up Season 1 of Game of Thrones on DVD. Delivers.
petereanima likes this.

Revenge is a dish best served with nice biscuits.
Read the rules, fools!
Xaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #190
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

@your spoiler: same here.
Unread 03-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #191
SS.org Regular

AxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to all
Pretty neat interview with Martin:

FULL (EXTENDED) INTERVIEW: George R.R. Martin - YouTube
Unread 03-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #192
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

I can't wait for this Sunday.

petereanima, AxeHappy and -42- like this.

Unread 04-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #193
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
Watched the season 2 premier on Sunday. F***in delivered. Peter Dinklage is going to be remembered for years for playing Tyrion Lannister, he was just GLORIOUS in this episode. I smell another Emmy if this keeps up, maybe even in a lead actor category. He's just magnificent in the role, the absolute embodiment of the character.

Also, Robb's direwolf, Grey Wind, got an awesome reveal as the huge predator that it is. It was nice to see the show finally give the direwolves their due, as I thought they got the short end of the stick in season 1. It was one of the best parts of an already awesome episode. I look forward to seeing more of Ghost as Jon Snow ventures out with the Halfhand.

Sure looked better than the wolves in Twilight.

EDIT: This is the scene with Robb and Grey Wind. Alas, it's not high def and kind of a bad transfer, but you still get the gist.
petereanima and AxeHappy like this.

Read the rules, fools!
Unread 04-05-2012, 05:37 AM   #194
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

Can't wait to see it! Good to hear Greywind seems to finally be the badass he's supposed to be!

I clicked the video, but as soon as I knew the wolve would appear, I turned it off - it seemed pretty epic and I wouldnt want to see that on the tube first.
Unread 04-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #195
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

Yes it was a good episode that set the stage for the rest of the season. Have the producers/directors confirmed if season 2 will cover more than just Clash of Kings?

Seeing Bran already having the green dreams makes me think the Reeds could make an appearance this season, meaning season 2 will go pretty deep into the series

Unread 04-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #196
SS.org Regular

They've said they aren't going to follow the same chronology as the books do but all the same events. And seasons aren't going to be confined to specific books.

So I think it's more like:
Some parts of Clash of Kings won't be covered and some parts of A Storm of Swords will.
Unread 04-06-2012, 01:42 AM   #197
Foolish Mortal

I dunno, I've heard that Season 2 will basically be A Clash of Kings. In fact, episode 9 will be dedicated to the Battle of the Blackwater, and will be written by George RR Martin himself.

I have also heard, however, that A Storm of Swords will be broken up into two seasons. Makes sense, being as how much crazy stuff happens in that book.

Read the rules, fools!
Unread 04-06-2012, 03:25 AM   #198
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

^^Yep, thats the last info I also read.

Also, imho, they would do good, if they wouldnt stick to book=season latst when they reach A Feast For Crows / A Dance Of Dragons...they should do those storylines side-by-side.
Unread 04-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #199
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

Awesome episode last night. Littlefinger laid down that pimp hand. No, wait, that was seriously ....ed up.

Also;

Unread 04-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #200
Foolish Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshow86de View Post
Awesome episode last night. Littlefinger laid down that pimp hand. No, wait, that was seriously ....ed up.

Also;
http://s3.amazonaws.com/files.poster...XskO7ZCEsrc%3D
Yeah, you definitely got to see the darker side of Littlefinger last night.

One thing that I'm confused about is why they felt the need to rename Asha Greyjoy to Yara Greyjoy. I mean, I understand renaming Rob Arryn to Robin as there are a ridiculous number of Robs it seems in the world of Westeros, but there wasn't anyone else name Asha.

And yeah, the whole Theon + Yara horse ride definitely recalls shades of Luke & Leia x 1000. I'm actually surprised they had the gets to do that, even after everything else in the series.

Read the rules, fools!