homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Movies, Books, TV & Media
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Movies, Books, TV & Media Read or watch something new? Discuss it here.

Like Tree171Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #226
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^^ Climate change one wins.
AxeHappy likes this.

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-27-2012, 01:57 AM   #227
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
this is amazing.
petereanima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 02:38 AM   #228
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pure win.

Revenge is a dish best served with nice biscuits.
Read the rules, fools!
Xaios is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #229
Smeller of Smells

SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I am here to protest the hateful killings of Sean Beans everywhere

Read and be enlightened.
st2012 likes this.

No signature because censored blah blah blah.
SenorDingDong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #230
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
There's a newer version of the politician one floating around the internets, with George W as Hodor.
petereanima and AxeHappy like this.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gunshow86de is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #231
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
Another great episode last night. Not as much happened as the episode before, aside from
Renly being offed by the vaginal smoke monster
, but there was a lot of great interplay between the characters. Tywin, in particular, just keeps becoming harder to dislike, and I've read the books!
The Analyst likes this.

Read the rules, fools!
Unread 04-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #232
Murder Machine

Sepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaios View Post
Another great episode last night. Not as much happened as the episode before, aside from
Renly being offed by the vaginal smoke monster
, but there was a lot of great interplay between the characters. Tywin, in particular, just keeps becoming harder to dislike, and I've read the books!
yeah but he'll .... over Tyrion anyway and make himself look like the bad guy as time goes on

BEARDS: They Instantly Turn Any Man Into A Badass, It's Like Having Machine Guns On Your Face
Sepultorture is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #233
Foolish Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultorture View Post
yeah but he'll .... over Tyrion anyway and make himself look like the bad guy as time goes on
Well yeah, anyone who's read the books knows that.

What I mean is that Charles Dance is just ridiculously charismatic on screen, at least the way he's portraying the character currently. You can certainly imagine where Tyrion gets his swagger seeing them on screen like that.
The Analyst likes this.

Read the rules, fools!
Unread 04-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #234
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.
Quote:
What I mean is that Charles Dance is just ridiculously charismatic on screen, at least the way he's portraying the character currently. You can certainly imagine where Tyrion gets his swagger seeing them on screen like that.
I think this is intentional by the producers.
There isn't much background on Arya's "prayer" in the series. Without knowing who or why all those people are in her "prayer," the average viewer would be really confused why she doesn't pick Tywin Lannister. It would all but guarantee Rob's victory. Now, if Tywin treats Arya fairly, that fact might be less glaringly obvious.

Also, I made this while I was bored at work today.
petereanima, -42- and The Analyst like this.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

Unread 04-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #235
Foolish Mortal

Heh, nice. And yeah, that explanation does make sense. It's been a while since I read the book, but from what I remember, that does essentially line up with what happens in it.

Read the rules, fools!
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #236
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Finally finished reading Dance, although it has been close to a year since the release. Figure why bother rushing?

A good read overall, but I really dislike Martin's penchant for leaving too much hanging at the end of each book. It is too easy, lazy even, to write serial containing only 1 long drawn out story, as opposed to chopping it in opportune places to create a series of stories that make up a greater tale. Erikson and King did much better with that in their series overall, having more logical end points to the books. Unfortunately the back half seemed to drag out a bit much, particularly the last 200 pages. The epilogue made up for that I feel though.

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 02:09 AM   #237
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshow86de View Post
I don't understand this, what does this mean, does it rhyme with something or what...?

very cool!
Unread 05-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #238
SS.org Regular

AxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to allAxeHappy is a name known to all
You will understand. You will.
-42- likes this.
AxeHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #239
Foolish Mortal

Uhhhh Axe... I think he already does...
petereanima likes this.

Read the rules, fools!
Unread 05-03-2012, 02:49 AM   #240
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

Yeah, I do.
Unread 05-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #241
SS.org Regular

Duelbart will become famous soon enough
Just got myself the whole saga and I have no school for some time:

Yay!

There are so many tomes since the last three books were released in two parts by the publisher.
petereanima likes this.

There is no talent.

Duelbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #242
Murder Machine

Sepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of light
And to think the next tow books will be 1500 pages each, maybe more, this shit is epic, i need to start reading this

BEARDS: They Instantly Turn Any Man Into A Badass, It's Like Having Machine Guns On Your Face
Sepultorture is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #243
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

(I know I posted this before) A friendly reminder for all mutual GOT and Arrested Development fans - Arrested Westeros is making new posts for season 2.

Arrested Westeros

Unread 05-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #244
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

Xaios, Mexi, Duelbart and 2 others like this.

Unread 05-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #245
Foolish Mortal

I. Must. Have. That. Shirt.

Read the rules, fools!
Unread 05-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #246
SS Contributor

wannabguitarist has much to be proud ofwannabguitarist has much to be proud ofwannabguitarist has much to be proud ofwannabguitarist has much to be proud ofwannabguitarist has much to be proud ofwannabguitarist has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
One interesting departure from the book with Melisandre's "baby."

I didn't realize it until earlier today, but it's actually occuring at a different point chronologically than in the book. In the book, the shadow in Renly's camp is a complete mystery, and even the reader doesn't really know where it came from (Stannis and Melisandre are implied to be the perpetrators, but at that point there's no solid evidence). Davos doesn't bring Melisandre into the cave to birth a shadow figure until after Renly is dead, when they're trying to take Storm's End in order to capture Robert's bastard son, Edric Storm. THAT is when Davos learns that Melisandre's got things happenin "down below."
Nope, the shadow in the book was used to kill Renly in his camp in Storm's End. I'm pretty sure the chapter with Davos ends with the shadow assassin and the following chapter is from Catelyn's perspective as Renly dies. Of course only the reader knows Stannis is responsible.

Love Charity Esteem
wannabguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #247
Renegade Folk Hero

Bekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabguitarist View Post
Nope, the shadow in the book was used to kill Renly in his camp in Storm's End. I'm pretty sure the chapter with Davos ends with the shadow assassin and the following chapter is from Catelyn's perspective as Renly dies. Of course only the reader knows Stannis is responsible.
No the shadow the reader "sees" born is in the bowels of Storm's End. They simply co-opted that part from the book and put it there as I'm pretty sure the Edric Storm arc isn't going to make it into the show.
Bekanor is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #248
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

Ummm, what the hell was that dragon stealing business at the end of this episode? It's been a while since I read Clash of Kings, but that doesn't ring a bell. They're taking a pretty big liberty with the story line.

In the preview at the end, Daenerys is shouting at Jorah to "just find her dragons." I'm probably reaching, but that tone suggests she has already found him out to be a spy. He is not supposed to be outed until later, when they join up with Belwas and Artsan/Barristan Selmy. I'll be upset if they cut out both those characters. I want to see Belwas cut himself and fight dammit!

Also, Jon Snow getting some dry hump action.

Unread 05-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #249
Renegade Folk Hero

Bekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I'm up to the epilogue of dance with dragons and I have to say this:

Really George? Really? What the .... bro?
petereanima likes this.
Bekanor is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2012, 02:31 AM   #250
Foolish Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshow86de View Post
Ummm, what the hell was that dragon stealing business at the end of this episode? It's been a while since I read Clash of Kings, but that doesn't ring a bell. They're taking a pretty big liberty with the story line.

In the preview at the end, Daenerys is shouting at Jorah to "just find her dragons." I'm probably reaching, but that tone suggests she has already found him out to be a spy. He is not supposed to be outed until later, when they join up with Belwas and Artsan/Barristan Selmy. I'll be upset if they cut out both those characters. I want to see Belwas cut himself and fight dammit!

Also, Jon Snow getting some dry hump action.
It didn't happen like that in the book, but I imagine they put in the bit about the dragons getting stolen as a way to move the plot forward. The motivation in the book to get her to explore the House of the Undying was pretty flimsy. This actually makes a lot more sense. They're taking more liberties in general with the second season, and they're doing a good job of it too. For example, all the Qarthian ladies having one boob showing all the time would have been mighty impractical from a costuming standpoint.

I don't think she suspects that he's a spy at the moment. Quite the opposite, she just realized for the first time that he's in love with her. She doesn't find out she's a spy until Barristan comes along, and only after his true identity is revealed to her. Also, Barristan Selmy is way to important to Daenerys' storyline to leave out. Strong Belwas... I don't think he'll get cut either. If nothing else, he conquers Yunkai by beating their champion in single combat, even if Yunkai later rebels again. That gives the producers a convenient, low cost way to show a major plot point without having to change it.

And yeah, the actress playing Ygritte is super cute. Gotta love redheads.

Read the rules, fools!