homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Movies, Books, TV & Media
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Movies, Books, TV & Media Read or watch something new? Discuss it here.

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By synrgy
  • 5 Post By Grand Moff Tim
  • 1 Post By Marv Attaxx
  • 2 Post By SenorDingDong
  • 1 Post By Xaios

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Star Trek XII/II/2012/whatever-you-want-to-call-it details revealed! (Major Spoilers)

I've never been able to resist a good spoiler. I've never been bothered by knowing plot details ahead of time as I've always been more interested in how it plays out. If a story is a jigsaw puzzle, I'm more interested in how the pieces fit together than how it looks once it's finished.

Having said that, Trekmovie.com released some MAJOR spoilers for the upcoming Star Trek movie a couple days ago, and I couldn't resist, being the Trek nerd that I am. Here's the link: Major Star Trek Sequel Spoilers | TrekMovie.com

The site presents the spoilers in a specific order, but I'm going to change that order based on what I feel the most major developments are.

So...

SPOILER ONE:

The Klingons are back!

SPOILER TWO:

Leonard Nimoy is returning to play Spock Prime!

And, the biggest of the bunch...

SPOILER THREE:

Benedict Cumbercatch is playing
KHAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!

Discuss.

Revenge is a dish best served with nice biscuits.
Read the rules, fools!
Xaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
Iraq Lobster.

synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I just wanna know about all the new and exciting types of lens flares I'm sure they've developed since the last one.

All joking aside, I thoroughly enjoyed the last one, and I've been looking forward to this one since the moment I left the theater after the last one. The casting was perfect, the pacing was superb and I found myself appreciating the characters from TOS for the first time ever, really. (Prior to this, I was always more of a TNG guy, but my allegiance has been shifting over the past few years..)

Alls I know is, Kirk better hook up with another hot alien. It's tradition!
brynotherhino likes this.

"And over here, our bass player, the Duke of Spook, the Doc of Shock, The Man with No Tan, please say hello to Death himself, the Grim Reaper!"
synrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by synrgy View Post
I just wanna know about all the new and exciting types of lens flares I'm sure they've developed since the last one.
Haha, no kidding.

In all seriousness, I sincerely hope they're toned down this time around. I imagine they will be as well, as there weren't nearly as many in Super 8.

Read the rules, fools!
Unread 05-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #5
Control The Sun

The Uncreator is just really niceThe Uncreator is just really nice
I've always respected Star Trek, even if it was hard for me to get into the show. The new "reboots" have crafted a very interesting story to me, I like the relationship between spock and kirk and how it was altered for the first movie, second looks to be just as good.

L A S C A I L L E 'S S H R O U D

Progressive Cosmic Death Metal

YouTube

Facebook
The Uncreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #6
SS.org Regular

Mexi is just really niceMexi is just really nice
even though the look/feel of these new movies are a clear ploy to get younger people interested in the franchise (what with the enterprise bridge looking like an apple store and all) I really enjoyed the JJ Abrams reboot. I'm looking forward to seeing how the next movie turns out

My father warned me about the dangers of alcohol: "never make a martini with too much vermouth"
Mexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2012, 02:43 AM   #7
Some call me... Tim

Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.
Leaked screenshot:

petereanima, synrgy, ry_z and 2 others like this.

"We must not indulge in unfavorable views of mankind, since by doing it we make bad men believe they are no worse than others, and we teach the good that they are good in vain." - Walter Winchell

"Progressive music used to be about thinking outside the box, but now it's just about fitting as many notes inside the box as possible, and it bores me to tears." -Sol Niger 333 [paraphrased]

"It is important to be a Jedi." - Mika
Grand Moff Tim is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2012, 04:13 AM   #8
Foolish Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Moff Tim View Post
Dammit, you just spoiled the entire movie!

Read the rules, fools!
Unread 05-14-2012, 09:36 PM   #9
cyb
Tune Low Play Slow

cyb has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
can't wait!!

spoiler:
Cumberbatch better get in the gym and work on those pecs if he's playing khan
cyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #10
Burrito Master

mlp187 is just really nicemlp187 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I would to see some more red matter goodness and planet destruction. I just watched the first for the 100th time while studying for finals... Guess how much studying I accomplished! Also, hearing the Beastie Boys made me a little sad. Live long and prosper fellow trekkies.
mlp187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 12:42 AM   #11
Foolish Mortal

Apparently they're not so sure about old Spock being in the prequel anymore, which does kind of cast a shadow of doubt on the rest of the rumors. I guess we'll see...

Read the rules, fools!
Unread 05-15-2012, 06:12 AM   #12
ಠ_ಠ

Marv Attaxx is a name known to allMarv Attaxx is a name known to allMarv Attaxx is a name known to allMarv Attaxx is a name known to all
Bring on the Borg for the next one please
mcleanab likes this.
Marv Attaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #13
Smeller of Smells

SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv Attaxx View Post
Bring on the Borg for the next one please

They better have Borg.
Dan_Vacant and cyb like this.

No signature because censored blah blah blah.
SenorDingDong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #14
ಠ_ಠ

Marv Attaxx is a name known to allMarv Attaxx is a name known to allMarv Attaxx is a name known to allMarv Attaxx is a name known to all
^those ....ers scared the crap outa me when I was a little child.
Would be an awesome sci-fi-horror-movie I guess
Marv Attaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 12:49 AM   #15
Foolish Mortal

There's just way that Star Trek is going to touch The Borg for any pre-TNG storylines (aside from that one episode of Enterprise which tied it together with First Contact). As awesome as the Borg are, they're don't possess the enduring on-screen qualities of the Klingons.

Read the rules, fools!
Unread 06-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #16
Hi I'm Dan.

Dan_Vacant is a jewel in the rough
I like the First Spoiler, I figured the second one after watching the last movie. The third one is what evvs for me.

Je ne peux pas parler franšais! aider?
"Cute girl, cute miniature hippo. A man could be very happy with just those things in his life." -Beknor
Dan_Vacant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #17
ss.org Regular

7thstringofa7thstring will become famous soon enough
I thought that Simon Pegg came out and said Spoiler 3 was false?
7thstringofa7thstring is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 12:05 AM   #18
Foolish Mortal

I have no news on the actual movie itself, but I was brainstorming and came up with some plot ideas that I thought were pretty cool. I'm going to reference some of the original movies, but being as they're all at least 20 years old, I'm not going to use spoiler tags.

So, anyone familiar with the TOS movies know that Star Treks 2, 3 and 4 form a loose trilogy about the death and resurrection of Spock. I propose another loose trilogy (or at least a plot thread running through the next 2 movies), based on certain happenings of Star Trek 2 and 3.

In Star Trek 2, Kirk is introduced to his son David, who he hasn't seen since he was a child. David was taken by his mother, Dr. Carol Marcus, and raised away from Kirk so that he wouldn't grow up to be like Kirk. Then, in Star Trek 3, David sacrifices himself to save the now-regenerated Spock.

My idea is to have Kirk introduced to and become involved with the character Carol Marcus, culminating in the birth of David. The loose thread running would show how Kirk is an unreliable father, partly owing to his duties with Starfleet, partly simply owing to his nature, having grown up in this universe without a father himself. In the last of these films, David, still not much more than a baby, is kidnapped by whoever the villain is, but is saved by the sacrifice of... dundundun... Spock Prime! Spock reasons that he owes David a debt, as David saved his life in the alternate universe! He also uses is as a lesson to teach Nu-Spock about himself.

And things could even take a dark turn at the end. At the end of that film, you could have Carol taking David anyway, and with a line reflecting what she originally said in Wrath of Khan, could say "Are we together? Are we ever going to be? You have your life, and I have mine. And I want him in mine." But it could also have a silver lining, as this would be the moment that Kirk comes to finally truly rely on Spock as his bromantic significant other.

Eh? Eh?
Dan_Vacant likes this.

Read the rules, fools!