homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Movies, Books, TV & Media
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Movies, Books, TV & Media Read or watch something new? Discuss it here.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Blake1970
  • 1 Post By SirMyghin
  • 1 Post By MFB

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

Blake1970 is a glorious beacon of lightBlake1970 is a glorious beacon of lightBlake1970 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter

Anyone interested in this? Read the book?

Randy and Michael T like this.

“Better to sleep with a sober cannibal than a drunk Christian.”

-Herman Melville, Moby Dick
Blake1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm probably going to end up watching it, never read the book though.

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
the Bard

Volteau is a glorious beacon of lightVolteau is a glorious beacon of lightVolteau is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'm gonna watch it if only for the randomness of the concept.
Volteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
Sea Turtles mate

Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
What the Hell did I just see ?!?!, Lincoln , Vampires agggh my brain hurts.

Gotta see that.

The project that I'm working on is so secret... Even I don't know what I'm doing!

Michael T is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #5
themuthaphukkindeath

highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Gonna see this as soon as it comes out. I love the concept, and it looks great.
highlordmugfug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #6
ss.org Regular

edrowley will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm actually about 9/10 of the way through the book. It's pretty interesting. The thing to keep in mind is that it's more historical record of Abe hunting vampires and their involvement in the civil war. It jumps around quite a bit as it's narrated from journal entries supposedly penned by Lincoln.

The only downside is that I consider Abraham Lincoln probably our greatest president. This kind of tarnishes that view a bit. IMHO, I probably would have rather have seen a different historical figure used instead of Lincoln.

I'll probably go see the movie (just to see how they pulled off some stuff from the book). Also, from the trailer, there appears to be a LOT more action than what was in the book.

my .02 worth
edrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 04:58 AM   #7
SS.org Regular

Dommak89 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sorry for necro-bumping, but has anybody watched it and tell me if its even worth watching in theatres (it just came out here in Germany) or even renting on DVD? It just seems so ... random.
Dommak89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #8
ss.org Regular

The Hobbit is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the video, It’s been years that I’ve been wanting for a movie like this to come to the theatre, The title itself brings excitement for viewers to watch the video.

Office Space in Barbican is my first choice.
The Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #9
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I missed it due to work (it wasn't in the theatre long enough), waiting for the DVD now

Dommak, I don't think it is going to be good, but I think it will be fun to watch.
Dommak89 likes this.

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #10
Ashes Of Rebirth

iRaiseTheDead is a glorious beacon of lightiRaiseTheDead is a glorious beacon of lightiRaiseTheDead is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
When I saw the trailed a while back I thought this was a hoax xD
iRaiseTheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #11
SS.org Regular

Edika is a glorious beacon of lightEdika is a glorious beacon of lightEdika is a glorious beacon of light
What's next? Mahatma Gandhi zombie hunter? Che Guevara warewolf vanquisher? Talk about dried up creative juices Mr. Burton. I like action movies as much as the next guy but I can think of myself as watching it even as a b-movie.

New songs from my band Semic Stains up at:

http://www.myspace.com/semicstains

Check 'em out!
Edika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #12
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
^ Uh, hate to burst your bubble but this movie was originally a book that was for comedic value only and wasn't intended to be taken as historical fact? No need to get in a huff about it, just take it for what it is: an action movie with a ridiculous plot and solid effects and you shouldn't have any problem sitting through it.

I would also watch all of the fake movies you named. Literally, all of them.

PS - Tim Burton's name is on here as a Producer/Executive Producer I believe which just means he threw a bunch of money at it to get more money in return
Dommak89 likes this.

(´・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #13
Silence is Violence

Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFB View Post
I would also watch all of the fake movies you named. Literally, all of them.
I believe Hollywood is in the works making Pride Prejudice and Zombies (also by the same author). I think they made a game of that too.

As for Lincoln, it was a fun ride that you don't have to take too seriously.
Bloody_Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #14
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Yeah, that's another one that started out as a comic and is now being adopted to the big screen but I haven't read it nor do I care for ANYTHING to do with Pride & Prejudice. It's one of those things that you'd have to have like, the main family be all zombies and half the people want to kill them while the daughter tries to find love and ends up becoming a werewolf and has to live this insane double-life and shit and it gets totally out of hand.

...I've never read P&P but I think it's about love between classes right?

(´・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #15
Renegade Folk Hero

Bekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Don't really want to carry on a necro bump but I saw this last weekend and it was awesome.

Grab some popcorn, suspend disbelief and enjoy.
Bekanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 08:12 PM   #16
ss.org Regular

edrowley will become famous soon enough
Read the book.. saw the movie...

Book 7/10
Interesting story. Was kind of cool to see how the author worked the whole vampire thing into historical events. Could have easily been someone other than Lincoln. Using the president seemed to "cheapen" the story a bit.

Movie 2/10
Not the typical "book is better than the movie" comment. This movie was horrible. Nothing like the book. Nothing in the movie that resembled what I liked about the book. Made up characters, scenes put in for action aspect only. Was really terrible.
edrowley is offline   Reply With Quote