homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Movies, Books, TV & Media
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Movies, Books, TV & Media Read or watch something new? Discuss it here.

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-27-2012, 10:14 PM   #26
SS.org Regular

flint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yeah I heard about that awhile ago. I wish he'd go to rotten tomatoes and see how bad all of his movies are rated and take a hint that he sucks...doesn't help that the masses would see a dog shit on screen though.

"In Djod We Trust"

flint757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-29-2012, 02:06 AM   #27
SS.org Regular

areyna21 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Michael Bay just doesn't know when to quit I guess. I'll stick to the originals because we all know the kind of crap this guy comes out with.
areyna21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 03:00 AM   #28
SS.org Regular

flint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by areyna21 View Post
Michael Bay just doesn't know when to quit I guess. I'll stick to the originals because we all know the kind of crap this guy comes out with.
You'd think a director would feel cheesy constantly doing remakes and receiving bad ratings

"In Djod We Trust"

Unread 03-29-2012, 03:07 AM   #29
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I dislike Michael Bay, but other than hardcore fanboys, who doesn't like his movies? This TMNT movie sounds atrocious, but I bet a lot of people will still see it, and worse yet, like it.

If you're going to 'like' my posts, give me some rep instead.

"
i just laughed at my own reflection, not sure if ugly or drunk" -Murmel

The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 03:16 AM   #30
SS.org Regular

areyna21 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reverend View Post
I dislike Michael Bay, but other than hardcore fanboys, who doesn't like his movies? This TMNT movie sounds atrocious, but I bet a lot of people will still see it, and worse yet, like it.
Yes they will probably eat it right the .... up and he will probably turn a huge profit. I guess he doesn't care about the bad ratings as long as he can keep making money.
areyna21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #31
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by areyna21 View Post
Yes they will probably eat it right the .... up and he will probably turn a huge profit. I guess he doesn't care about the bad ratings as long as he can keep making money.
I prefer rich people who get so rich (like he probably already is) they become major hipsters in their industry. For instance that Lou Reed Metallica album was terrible, but they did it anyways. He is still concerned it seems with just getting richer and richer. I don't get it there comes a point when the amount of money you have as an individual is useless....

"In Djod We Trust"

Unread 03-30-2012, 07:55 PM   #32
Lazy Ryebread Viking

ilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Did anyone actually see the last TMNT movie trying to reboot the franchise? I refused, because I didn't want my childhood ruined. As I refuse with this one, even if Michael Bay wasn't involved. I have the first (and only real) TMNT movie on dvd, because there is no rap better than the following:

larry, synrgy and Jesse7 like this.
ilyti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #33
I <3 cheap LTDs

Gabe_LTD will become famous soon enough
Micheal bay Shouldn't be allowed to make films ....
sure he can make a bad ass action scene , but he ruins everything else...
Razzy likes this.

"When you write riffs in a guitar that's out of tune, you get Dillinger Escape Plan"-Ben Weinman (Founder/Song writer for Dillinger Escape Plan)

Here is my mediocre song writing.
http://soundcloud.com/gabe-malmsteen/phobia
Gabe_LTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #34
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe_ESP View Post
Micheal bay Shouldn't be allowed to make films ....
sure he can make a bad ass action scene , but he ruins everything else...
A cracked article sums it up, just because it is an action film doesn't mean it should lack a plot or character development. Which are the 2 things almost every film he has done suffers from.

"In Djod We Trust"

Unread 04-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #35
SS.org Regular

Edika is a glorious beacon of lightEdika is a glorious beacon of lightEdika is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Why didn't he choose vampires? They're the rage the last 2,3,4 years. Why not then Teenage Vampire Ninja Turtles?
If he directs this movie like he did transformers then there will be no problem since the turtles will get less screen time than all the other less relevant characters!

Yes Michael Bay sucks!
flint757 likes this.

New songs from my band Semic Stains up at:

http://www.myspace.com/semicstains

Check 'em out!
Edika is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 12:38 AM   #36
Renegade Folk Hero

Bekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I can't wait to see some slow motion close-ups of a turtle leg.

And in 3D! Woo!
Bekanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 12:45 AM   #37
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekanor View Post
I can't wait to see some slow motion close-ups of a turtle leg.

And in 3D! Woo!

"In Djod We Trust"

Unread 04-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #38
EST. 1988

Jesse7 will become famous soon enough
mother ....ers ruining my childhood with all these re-makes.

If they .... with biker mice from mars heads are gonna roll!!!!

Randy and Thrashmanzac like this.
Jesse7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #39
Is a Pastafarian

sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyti View Post
Did anyone actually see the last TMNT movie trying to reboot the franchise? I refused, because I didn't want my childhood ruined. As I refuse with this one, even if Michael Bay wasn't involved. I have the first (and only real) TMNT movie on dvd, because there is no rap better than the following:
the new one... TMNT? was a bit of a kids movie. but it actually wasn't bad at all. as a lifelong Turtles fan I felt it did the chars justice better than pretty much anything else they've done in the last couple decades

but man. the first Turtles movie was awesome, almost the best possible turtles movie.. I still watch it once every few months. so well done! the second one sucked, third one was absolutely terrible.. my mom used to run a daycare out of our house, and the only one we got to watch on a regular basis was the third one because the first was so dark and violent haha

Soundcloud - New clip 9/16/2014
sakeido is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #40
the Experimetalist

Location: the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as Manchester, England
Triple-J is a name known to allTriple-J is a name known to allTriple-J is a name known to allTriple-J is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyti View Post

If you haven't seen the recent animated TMNT film you're missing out as it's much better than expected and has more in common with the original movie/comics than you might think.
I've always felt that like a lot of comic book movies of that era the original TMNT owes a lot to Tim Burton's 1st Batman movie and is very underated as it still stands up against most modern movies (I'd take it over most of Marvel's!) but this is the best piece of music on the soundtrack though.......

"People percieve the rock world as a dichotomy such as 'metal vs alternative' or 'mainstream vs underground' but dichotomies aren't real they're human constructs " - Kim Thayil

"They don't really understand that he was a funny mother@$%ker, he was not some down, dour drug addict. Nobody laughed more than Kurt and we had great times together" - Buzz Osbourne

Triple-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #41
Lazy Ryebread Viking

ilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to allilyti is a name known to all
I just can't accept that animation style. They don't need to have eyes like this, or such huge chests:

I prefer to think of the Turtles as goofy, eating pizza and laughing at the end of every episode.
ilyti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 12:45 AM   #42
Leonardo DiShuggah

habicore_5150 is a glorious beacon of lighthabicore_5150 is a glorious beacon of lighthabicore_5150 is a glorious beacon of light
BUMP from beyond the grave

We can lock this thread up now, because the Ninja Turtles movie has been locked up as well

Paramount Shuts Down 'Ninja Turtles' Reboot; Release Date Pushed (Exclusive) - The Hollywood Reporter

New "Ninja Turtles" Movie Cancelled?
petereanima and Michael T like this.

Self-Proclaimed Metalheaded Gaming Otaku
Schecter Hellraiser C7
Ibanez RG7620 (in pieces)
Ibanez RG8
Ibanez SR405
habicore_5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 01:31 AM   #43
Sea Turtles mate

Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
^^ Best news I heard in a long time.
amen

The project that I'm working on is so secret... Even I don't know what I'm doing!

Michael T is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 02:34 AM   #44
plays in 69/42

Thrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse7 View Post
mother ....ers ruining my childhood with all these re-makes.

If they .... with biker mice from mars heads are gonna roll!!!!
i'm pretty sure bay is going to do a remake of biker mice from mars called "mutant motorcycle rodents".

...Each guitarist has an evil fat 40 year old blueswankler trying to get out, If you give in to temptation you'll be sitting next to a fender playing john lee hooker while trying to keep your combover in place.

-Desecrated

being black and enjoying watermelon, i think this thread needs more watermelon.
budda
Thrashmanzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 02:40 AM   #45
/\'...'/\

toiletstand is a glorious beacon of lighttoiletstand is a glorious beacon of lighttoiletstand is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
is it cancelled for sure? i read somewhere else it was just pushed back to 2014. they blamed it on a weak script.

also TMNT is really awesome except for the last act . Its not a reboot either its canononiconimimcal to the first 3 movies.
toiletstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 03:49 AM   #46
SS.org Regular

nangillala is on a distinguished road
I just talked about comics that need new movies with my girlfriend yesterday and TMNT was the first thing that came to mind. The original movie is just awesome, I'm really happy this alien-shit is canceled but I hope someone else gives it a (good) try.
nangillala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 07:51 AM   #47
Leonardo DiShuggah

habicore_5150 is a glorious beacon of lighthabicore_5150 is a glorious beacon of lighthabicore_5150 is a glorious beacon of light
Another absymal bump
I'm sorry about bringing up such shitty news
I'm sure some of you guys heard about bits of the new TMNT script being thrown around all over the interwebs

Bad Buzz on Bay's Ninja Turtles Script - IGN

Apparently a lot of people are pretty pissed about it, and one of those people happens to be one of the co-creators of the original Turtles: Peter Laird
And of course, Bay has to come out and try to do some damage control

Bay Responds to Reviews of Ninja Turtles Script - IGN

Sorry Bay, no matter what you do, I'm still not gonna see this film

Self-Proclaimed Metalheaded Gaming Otaku
Schecter Hellraiser C7
Ibanez RG7620 (in pieces)
Ibanez RG8
Ibanez SR405
habicore_5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #48
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
If it's cancelled then why does it matter? Last I heard it's still in the big "we're not doing this" bin.

(・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 11:16 AM   #49
The Cockhammer

Severance is just really niceSeverance is just really nice
Lets all just know that know TMNT movie will be as good as the first... ever.
Severance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 12:48 PM   #50
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severance View Post
Lets all just know that know TMNT movie will be as good as the first... ever.
Yeah, there was one, it was called TMNT II

(・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote