homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Movies, Books, TV & Media
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Movies, Books, TV & Media Read or watch something new? Discuss it here.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By petereanima
  • 1 Post By The Grief Hole

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-01-2012, 02:08 AM   #1
Baritone Funbags

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Looking for a movie v2.0!

I'm trying to remember a movie I saw about 10 years ago.

It was pretty old, may or may not have been black or white.

All I remember is a scene with a person, maybe 2, male or male and female. They were perhaps in the jungle, trapped in a giant spiders cave similar to the scene in LOTR. They were running around the tunnels of web trying to find a way out.

I can't remember anything else. Fairly sure it was quite a crap movie but this scene pops into my head now and then so I want to know just for peace of mind
EtherealEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is shredding to new heights.Explorer is shredding to new heights.Explorer is shredding to new heights.Explorer is shredding to new heights.Explorer is shredding to new heights.Explorer is shredding to new heights.Explorer is shredding to new heights.Explorer is shredding to new heights.
If we're talking black and white, and you're remembering a jungle, and Boy and Connie trapped in a cave with a giant spider, I wonder if you're thinking of 1943's Tarzan's Desert Mystery.

As soon as you start talking about them running around the tunnels, though, I'm doubtful, because RKO didn't really toss that kind of budget at these films.

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about." Adam Of Angels

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
Shred till your dead

SpaceDock is a splendid one to beholdSpaceDock is a splendid one to beholdSpaceDock is a splendid one to beholdSpaceDock is a splendid one to beholdSpaceDock is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Jack Black King Kong movie I bet.

SpaceDock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
MFB
SS.org Regular

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
My guess is the same as Spacedock's and you're probably thinking of the scene where everyone the bugs are coming out of the caves and everything swarming the group (all males, no females by the way).

Blotted Science just did a song for it too

(・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #5
Baritone Funbags

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
^ That video was nasty Nope way older than that. Perhaps not as old as that one, Explorer. Pretty sure that wasn't it.
It's this picture from a couple of years back that reminded me of it. Pretty much this, shrunk down into person sized tunnels.
Unread 01-01-2012, 06:00 PM   #6
SS.org Regular

Bobo is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Pretty sure there was a spider scene in the movie "Krull", but I don't remember much of it at all. I got some images in my head of some other movies that may fit the description, but I'm struggling to remember more info and names.

When you say crap movie, do you mean it was just a small time stinker? Or maybe a popular movie that you just thought was lame?

"Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity ; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 04:44 AM   #7
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
Pretty sure there was a spider scene in the movie "Krull", but I don't remember much of it at all.
Yep, there was. That old guy ("Ynyr"?) is entering the spider lair to search the "Widow of the web", to get the next location of the black fortress.

EDIT: see also here:

Bobo likes this.
petereanima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 06:16 AM   #8
SS.org Regular

The Grief Hole is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Cant be Krull. Op said the film was crap.

There was a trilogy of giant spider jungle movies about 10 years ago called something like kingdom of the tarantulas. May have been that.
Bobo likes this.

What doesn't kill you just really, really hurts you.
The Grief Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #9
Baritone Funbags

Thanks guys! Pretty sure it's Kingdom of the Spiders - though I can't find anything on a trilogy or pics/clips that I recognise too much (i.e. giant web tunnels/big spider) Will have a proper look later

When I say it was crap, I probably just mean I was 10 years old and it wasn't a kids film
Unread 01-04-2012, 12:38 AM   #10
SS.org Regular

The Grief Hole is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It wouldn't be the first one as that was set in a town, but I saw a movie a couple of years ago that had exactly what you mentioned in it. I'm sure it was something along those lines.

How old are you now? That would help narrow the field.

What doesn't kill you just really, really hurts you.
The Grief Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 02:27 AM   #11
SS.org Regular

Bobo is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grief Hole View Post
Cant be Krull. Op said the film was crap.
Point well taken mang

"Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity ; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote