homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Movies, Books, TV & Media
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Movies, Books, TV & Media Read or watch something new? Discuss it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-06-2006, 11:14 AM   #1
Metal Dog

Sentient is a splendid one to beholdSentient is a splendid one to beholdSentient is a splendid one to beholdSentient is a splendid one to beholdSentient is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Squidbillies

Ok, who other than myself started out just watching Metalocalypse, but has now become addicted as hell to this hillarious show that comes on after it? My first impression of Squidbillies was that it looked stupid and was poorly drawn. However, upon further observation (meaning I actually watched a couple of episodes), I've now decided this is one of the damn funniest things on tv. Just hearing the shit that Early says, and how he says it, is just freakin' great. The folks that came up with this stuff have got one helluva sense of humor (along with a rather eerie & deep knowledge of hillbilly lifestyle & culture ).

This here's funnier'n hell.

And on a side note, the opening theme is pretty cool & funny, but I absolutely love that little outro tune that ends every show. Makes me wanna buy a freakin' dulcimer (or whatever the hell that thing is they're using). Kickass.

I wish I could find more episodes. The one I posted above is the only one viewable on Google video, and there's at least one (in two parts) on Youtube. I found several on limewire, but can't get 'em to play the video (only audio). Evidently I'm missing a codec, or something (dammit).

"You wanna bang yerself a goat? 'Cause the goat's dead. But we can still do this thing. Uh... I'll give ya a deal on it."
Sentient is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-06-2006, 11:31 AM   #2
SS.org Regular

Vegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I love squidbillies- its really twisted and pretty damn funny

this space for rent
Vegetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2006, 11:47 AM   #3
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Me. I never intend to watch Squidbillies, but always end up sitting through it anyways because it's funny as hell.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2006, 11:55 AM   #4
7's are Metal!

SILENT FACTOR is just really niceSILENT FACTOR is just really nice
I love the squidbillies. And since Vegetta put that avatar up I cant get that "I'ma start somethin" line out of my head.
SILENT FACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2006, 08:09 PM   #5
SS.org Regular

Vegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud of
DONT TOUCH THE TRIM!

this space for rent
Unread 11-07-2006, 12:47 AM   #6
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Unread 11-07-2006, 12:53 AM   #7
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
I love Metalocalypse as well as Aqua Teen, but I really don't like Squidbillies. I'm glad you guys enjoy it though

THUNDER...! HORSE..!
zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2006, 01:15 AM   #8
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbloth
I love Metalocalypse as well as Aqua Teen, but I really don't like Squidbillies. I'm glad you guys enjoy it though

THUNDER...! HORSE..!
You're just too far north to appreciate the humor in it... whereas I live close enough to have driven through West Virginia...
Unread 11-07-2006, 01:17 AM   #9
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
haha, good point, maybe you're right. i never was a big fan of redneck Larry the Cable Guy humor
zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2006, 04:00 PM   #10
Metal Dog

Sentient is a splendid one to beholdSentient is a splendid one to beholdSentient is a splendid one to beholdSentient is a splendid one to beholdSentient is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbloth View Post
i never was a big fan of redneck Larry the Cable Guy humor
The show actually spoofed Larry the Cable Guy in this past weekend's episode, with the character "Plumber Bubba". Turns out he was really an alien sent to Earth to collect human brains, but the aliens mistakenly traveled to "the south" to collect brains, and thus, things don't go according to plans.

Anybody else catch this one? That part where the "Plumber Bubba" alien was laying on the floor dying, yet with his last breath, revolting against the elders, had me crying with laughter...

"Get... off... my.... land...
You tested me... And I'm about to pass...
As soon as I whoop.... THAT ass..."

You've really gotta see it to appreciate it, but holy shit, that was funny.
Unread 11-15-2006, 08:32 PM   #11
Songs about My Cats

Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.
The only comedy shows on adult swim that I have never liked are:

Tom goes to the Mayor
and
The Brak show
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2006, 08:34 AM   #12
SS.org Regular

I really like Brak but Tom - well Tim and Eric are a bit too fruity for my tastes

Its funny but sometimes i find it a bit disturbing...

this space for rent
Unread 11-16-2006, 02:22 PM   #13
Metal Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentient View Post
...I absolutely love that little outro tune that ends every show. Makes me wanna buy a freakin' dulcimer (or whatever the hell that thing is they're using).
Ok, now I'm starting to think that cool little 12 bar blues ditty is being done on a mandolin. Anybody else know for sure, or care to take a guess? I've never messed with a mandolin (or a dulcimer either, for that matter). But this kind of stuff makes me wish I had one. Even if it was just to do fun stuff like this little tune.
Unread 08-29-2009, 03:18 AM   #14
ss.org Regular

badGuinea will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILENT FACTOR View Post
I love the squidbillies. And since Vegetta put that avatar up I cant get that "I'ma start somethin" line out of my head.
I love watch Squidbillies, is a great animated film, and my little brothers have a game named SquidBillies. They love that game.
badGuinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2009, 04:23 AM   #15
Tube & Analog Snob

TomPerverteau is just really niceTomPerverteau is just really nice
They were advertising a DVD set of the new season recently.
TomPerverteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2009, 06:10 AM   #16
z o m b i e 1 3

Zombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
I always skipped it, then I sat through one and found it f'n funny, especially the "death to America" alien, that episode was great, now I watch as much as I can.

I miss Harvey Birdman though
Zombie13 is online now   Reply With Quote