homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Member Introductions
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Member Introductions Who are you, how long have you been playing, and what's your story? Post up and say hello!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-31-2004, 06:38 PM   #101
Vince is X!!!

Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hi Ben, get a 7. Once you do, your 6's will feel like toys. Welcome to the board!!

Get used to this guy -->
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-31-2004, 07:10 PM   #102
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Welcome man!

Amp: 6505+ / Recto 4x12s
Rack: Axe-Fx II / HD1221s
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2004, 07:14 AM   #103
The Viking himself

stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Playing: 3 years
Band: None Of The Above
Gear: Your best bet is to visit the website and look at the gear list, but in terms of seven stringage, I'm using an ESP LTD M207 7 String, I think its a fantastic guitar, not found any other 7 string to compare for me (a Dean ML, an Ibanez or two [even the Universe, it just wasn't my thing], a few Schecters)

I'm looking into an 8 string next, but will probably end up with more 7's at some point
stuh84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2004, 08:55 AM   #104
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Welcome dude!

Unread 11-01-2004, 03:30 PM   #105
Vince is X!!!

Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuh84
I'm using an ESP LTD M207 7 String, I think its a fantastic guitar, not found any other 7 string to compare for me
yes!! I love this guitar! I just customized mine heavily (check out the sevenstring guitars sub-forum for pics) and I absolutely love how this guitar feels, sounds, and plays. Truly an awesome axe when set up correctly.

If you're looking for another 7, definitely check out the Ibanez models, most are pretty good, especially the 7620 RG model and all the universe models!

Welcome to the board!
Unread 11-08-2004, 03:57 AM   #106
Vince is X!!!

Updated pics of desertdweller...

These are from my photo shoot I did last week.
No dredlocks anymore, just sideburns.
Same guitar as before, RG7620.

Unread 11-08-2004, 11:05 AM   #107
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdweller
No dredlocks anymore, just sideburns.
i used to have long hair myself.

it grew from about the 9th grade until the end of my third year of college lol. i think that's about 7 years or so. i chopped it all off, and haven't looked back.

speaking of looking, that's something i've found that the ladies are doing alot more since i cut my hair
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2004, 12:27 PM   #108
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildealien
i used to have long hair myself.

it grew from about the 9th grade until the end of my third year of college lol. i think that's about 7 years or so. i chopped it all off, and haven't looked back.

speaking of looking, that's something i've found that the ladies are doing alot more since i cut my hair
I got the exact opposite, now that my hair is longer than shoulder length, the girls always wanna play with it ;p

If you list your gear in your signature, you're a prick.
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2004, 01:19 PM   #109
Vince is X!!!

Long hair made people more intimidated around me. While that's kinda cool in an alpha-male sort of way, it got old really quick. I much rather have the short hair, it's a lot less maintenance!
Unread 11-08-2004, 04:57 PM   #110
SS.org Regular

Vegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I had long hair for a really long time.....Got sick of ppl saying I looked like Slash so I cut it all off....

this space for rent
Vegetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2004, 05:24 PM   #111
Mechanical Thunder

Shikaru is a splendid one to beholdShikaru is a splendid one to beholdShikaru is a splendid one to beholdShikaru is a splendid one to beholdShikaru is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Long hair made people more intimidated around me.
Wow I wish I made people intimidated with my long hair (well, long compared to the people in my area, where hair is something that should be shaved when over 1cm long). Mostly I just get crap for it But then again I am about one in 20 metalheads in my area, surrounded by thousands of lets say, people with an aversion to metal, or anything that isn't hip hop, rap or dance.

but it's not really just long hair, er, sort of a strip of long hair down the middle, and short everywhere else. But i have it hangin to one side so it just looks like I got half a haircut (a common joke among kids around here ).

.......yeah i know what you're thinking I'm a freak

Damn kids an their hip hop
Shikaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2004, 05:49 PM   #112

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Long hair made people more intimidated around me. While that's kinda cool in an alpha-male sort of way, it got old really quick. I much rather have the short hair, it's a lot less maintenance!
people stopped asking me for a light all the damn time, since i don't look like a hippie anymore.

and HELL YEAH it's less maintenance!!

a quick wash and a brush and it's done.
Unread 11-08-2004, 11:34 PM   #113
Vince is X!!!

Brushes? We don't need no stinkin' brushes!
Unread 11-09-2004, 05:32 AM   #114
ss.org Regular

macalpine88 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
i have a mamma brady(almost redneck) mullet , it doesnt need brushin'
macalpine88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2004, 09:15 AM   #115
metalguitarist.org

I had long hair a few years back too. Had to cut it to do the corporate thing.

Now that I'm here and 'established' I've tried growing it out a few times, but I get to the point where it's between short and "Holy shit Chris needs a haircut" and always cave in.

Unread 11-09-2004, 01:01 PM   #116

Quote:

yeah, been actually thinking about cutting mine again. it's too long when brushes become effective! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Now that I'm here and 'established' I've tried growing it out a few times, but I get to the point where it's between short and "Holy shit Chris needs a haircut" and always cave in.
to get around that point when i was growing mine out, i had what was basically a bull cut. i had them trim the hair on the sides of my head, and leave the top long. then once i was able to tie the long stuff in the back, i stopped seeing my barber all together
Unread 11-09-2004, 01:34 PM   #117
Vince is X!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildealien
to get around that point when i was growing mine out, i had what was basically a bull cut. i had them trim the hair on the sides of my head, and leave the top long. then once i was able to tie the long stuff in the back, i stopped seeing my barber all together
Yeah, that's kinda what I did too. I kept all the hair from the crown up and shaved the sides and back. I've got Marty Friedman/Slash hair and i have to do it that way otherwise I'd have had a serious afro!
Unread 11-10-2004, 12:36 PM   #118
ss.org Regular

bobthemerciful will become famous soon enough
Only had a seven for about 3 months. Been playing on and off for 32 years. Not in a band at the moment, but looking to start teaching again on a regular basis. 7's only a Squier at the moment til I can afford a UV777P (cos my friend won't let me have his ) Peace
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15.jpg (39.1 KB, 31 views)
bobthemerciful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2004, 01:18 PM   #119
Vince is X!!!

What's up Bob! Nothing wrong with a Squier, at least it's a 7 Welcome to the board.
Unread 11-22-2004, 06:38 PM   #120
W4D
Bass Player

W4D is a glorious beacon of lightW4D is a glorious beacon of lightW4D is a glorious beacon of light
W4D

Playing Guitar: 16 years
Coming Soon: http://www.waylon4D.com
Band: Flesh Vault, 4D, Devine Sermon, Mark Boals Project, Various Artist Projects
Main Guitar: DEAN EQ6 Custon Freted frettless (Bass Guitar), Ibanez JEM, Halo BH7, Halo PT7, Conklin 8, Warrior 9 string bass, Dean 12 String Bass
Work: I am a studio owner and producer, songwriter for other artsists (EMI, Metropolis, WB, Universal), Own my own Guitar Company,
Mugshot: This is me Taken the other day eh...
W4D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2004, 07:00 PM   #121
metalguitarist.org

Hey man, welcome.

Unread 11-22-2004, 07:05 PM   #122
Divinitus Infallibilis
Site Contributor

Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.Digital Black is pretty damn metal.
Yeah, it's cool to have you aboard!..

Born of Fire//--\\ Consumed by it
Divinitus Infallibilis

Digital Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2004, 07:07 PM   #123
W4D
Bass Player

W4D is a glorious beacon of lightW4D is a glorious beacon of lightW4D is a glorious beacon of light
BOWS THANK YOU THANK YOU
W4D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2004, 07:56 PM   #124
SS.org Regular

Vegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud of
Sup and welcome

cool gloves in the piccie

this space for rent
Vegetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2004, 10:36 PM   #125
Vince is X!!!

always a warm welcome to new members. Now...uhm... soundclips, please