homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Member Introductions
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Member Introductions Who are you, how long have you been playing, and what's your story? Post up and say hello!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-24-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
ss.org Regular

whatwecalldaryl will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hows it going!!!

What is up everyone here at sevenstring? Well the names Daryl I live in northern Maryland actually close to Gettysburg which is a very cool city that I hope you get the chance to experience one day. Letís see little about myself Iíve been at the guitar seriously for about six or seven years now. Huge on movies and I dabble in the occasional video game. I play in the band What We Call Victory (www.myspace.com/wwcv) please check it out! We just released out EP ďThe Learning CurveĒ which was done by Jamie King (Between the Buried and Me, He is Legend) we just got done our first tour and working on a full length. One reason I joined here is my band currently plays in drop b on six strings and have been discussing moving to sevens but tuning them up so we have an extra high string. So if any of you know of a band that does this please let me know I really would like to hear. Sadly I do not own a seven at the moment but within the next couple of weeks I am trying to get a hold of a LTD MH 417. Over the next week or so I will try to update my profile for gear and whatnot but I look forward to being a part of the community here. Also I do not have internet at my house I have to do most of this through my phone so if something looks wonky or takes me a day or so to respond please bear with me.
<o:p> </o:p>
Thanks and cheers
Daryl
whatwecalldaryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2010, 12:39 PM   #2
edxgxsrfrz

Psychobuddy is just really nicePsychobuddy is just really nice
Hey Daryl, I'm not aware of any bands tuning up to have an extra high string, but I'm sure it's been done, someone will probably mention it. Anyway welcome!
Psychobuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
ss.org Regular

Thanks yea I hope someone has some info on the tuning up!!
Unread 06-24-2010, 12:49 PM   #4
Hej

theperfectcell6 is a jewel in the rough

I'm not too sure of any bands that do that either. In metal, I would guess more people would want the additional 5 or so notes on the low end rather than the high.

But if you are playing in drop B, you can try just playing in standard tuning? That will give you your low B, but still provide an E string. You can also be dropped and add a high string. You can honestly do whatever you want man! It is your band, there are no rules to tuning except the fact that you might have to move your theory around if you tune to something out of the ordinary.

Good luck!
theperfectcell6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #5
ss.org Regular

yea the idea is for some different arpeggios another reason in we're lazy lol an dont wanna move the positions of our current songs to a standard style tuning.
Unread 06-24-2010, 03:47 PM   #6
Poland CEO / RHLC ©

Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.Sebastian is his own personal hero.
Sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2010, 03:36 AM   #8
InstruMentalHead

zeal0us is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

If angels could shred-sing, they would sound like John Petrucci.
zeal0us is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2010, 03:40 AM   #9
angel sword guardian

M3CHK1LLA is a splendid one to beholdM3CHK1LLA is a splendid one to beholdM3CHK1LLA is a splendid one to beholdM3CHK1LLA is a splendid one to beholdM3CHK1LLA is a splendid one to behold
welcome to the forum!

from texas or live here? check in ---> http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/off...ers-check.html

I always thought Cliff getting killed instead of Lars was like John Lennon getting killed instead of Yoko - MJS
M3CHK1LLA is online now   Reply With Quote