homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Member Introductions
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Member Introductions Who are you, how long have you been playing, and what's your story? Post up and say hello!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-11-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
ss.org Regular

CBurb05 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Luker coming out of the shadows and new song idea(Reaper/Addictive Drums/POD XT Live)

Whats up guys!! I been lurking on this forum for a while now, just absorbing all the awesome information everyone has to offer. Finally I decided to be a part of this community and contribute whenever I can.

Also, I just started working on my first recording for a project I'm calling From the Sky. It isn't mastered or anything and has no bass. I'm just looking for help tips and any critiques you guys have for me, cause I'm definitely a n00b. I look forward to hearing from ya, Thanks!

<object height="225" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Ffrom-the-sky&amp;show_comments=true&amp;auto_play=false&amp ;show_playcount=true&amp;show_artwork=true&amp;col or=003149"></param> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="225" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Ffrom-the-sky&amp;show_comments=true&amp;auto_play=false&amp ;show_playcount=true&amp;show_artwork=true&amp;col or=003149" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href="http://soundcloud.com/from-the-sky">Latest tracks by From The Sky</a></span>
CBurb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-11-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
[10]

Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
The song is pretty cool, but the mix feels like it's lacking something. Have you ever thought about experimenting with quad tracking?

Record that rhythm guitar part four times, on separate tracks, and pan them 100% left and right, and then like 70% left and right, and see what it sounds like. Don't try and copy and paste it four times, it doesn't sound right, it has to be four solid recordings.
Razzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #3
Crazy Robot Guy

Prime is a jewel in the rough
Sounds pretty cool. I'd definitely add bass. You will never be able to tell if your mix works without it. Especially the kick drum. But it will also add to your guitar sound. You could mix all your stuff only to find out none of it "works" when the bass is added. JMO.

Oh...and welcome to the forum.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #4
ss.org Regular

CBurb05 will become famous soon enough
Thanks for replying guys.

@Razzy...thanks for the tip, i will certainly give that a try!

@Prime...i didnt know bass was that important to the mix, i will add it as soon as i find/borrow a bass

I also feel my guitar tone is lacking as well. I just got POD Farm 2.0 so i will re-record the guitars with that once i figure it out. Any suggestions on how to get something close to the new Sky Eats Airplane, or Haunted Shores type tone?
CBurb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2010, 11:15 PM   #6
angel sword guardian

M3CHK1LLA is a name known to allM3CHK1LLA is a name known to allM3CHK1LLA is a name known to allM3CHK1LLA is a name known to all
welcome to the forum bro

your project it sounding good so far - keep postin

from texas or live here? check in ---> http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/off...ers-check.html

I always thought Cliff getting killed instead of Lars was like John Lennon getting killed instead of Yoko - MJS
M3CHK1LLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #7
InstruMentalHead

zeal0us is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

If angels could shred-sing, they would sound like John Petrucci.
zeal0us is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 11:44 AM   #8
SS.org Regular

nojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
The song is pretty cool, but the mix feels like it's lacking something. Have you ever thought about experimenting with quad tracking?

Record that rhythm guitar part four times, on separate tracks, and pan them 100% left and right, and then like 70% left and right, and see what it sounds like. Don't try and copy and paste it four times, it doesn't sound right, it has to be four solid recordings.
I agree with Razzy... try 4 guitar tracks with his suggested panning (tinker a bit with the 70%... you might like it at 75 or even 80).

Very clever riffing, and super tight.

PS - i've also been a lurker and a n00b to the forums. Any critique's welcome on my song SoundClick artist: NojYeloot - I love metal, pretty much anything from Sumerian Records and all those djenty bands. And of course,
nojyeloot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #9
SS.org Regular

nojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBurb05 View Post
Thanks for replying guys.

@Razzy...thanks for the tip, i will certainly give that a try!

@Prime...i didnt know bass was that important to the mix, i will add it as soon as i find/borrow a bass

I also feel my guitar tone is lacking as well. I just got POD Farm 2.0 so i will re-record the guitars with that once i figure it out. Any suggestions on how to get something close to the new Sky Eats Airplane, or Haunted Shores type tone?
Yes... AxeFX Ultra. That's really the only way you'll get the HS sound... as for SEA, I spoke with Zak and his plan is to get AxeFX... although i'm not sure what he used in the studio for their EP (6505+?)
nojyeloot is offline   Reply With Quote