homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-11-2009, 02:01 AM   #26
Ibanez fanboi

Wi77iam is a glorious beacon of lightWi77iam is a glorious beacon of lightWi77iam is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Round off the edges of the heel more?
And.. Chris Broderick lower cutaway?
Wi77iam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-11-2009, 02:14 AM   #27
ss.org Regular

m13os86 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I did a little research on the "Jacarandá" fretboard, thought it was kind of interesting.
"The name [Jacaranda] is also applied to several tree species of the genera Machaerium and Dalbergia in the pea family, the sources of commercial rosewood."

Sounds way more badass than "rosewood"
m13os86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2009, 11:56 PM   #28
Stay Negative™

leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.
I'm sorry about not having any updates on this...

College hit me hard and I'm failing miserably on all tests. I'm studying like a freak and I have almost no free time. I need to find some automotive paint catalog so I can choose a color for my guitar, but I can't find a paint shop that works with car paint (polyurethane) close to where I live or study. Then it's off to the painting booth. But before that I have to build the freaking neck! And I didn't even buy the woods yet! Or the fretboard! Or the pickups and electronics! Or everything!!!

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:
* www.soundclick.com/leandroabaurre
*www.soundcloud.com/leandroab

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
I intend them to .... them with the long cock of the law." - Trashmanzac
* "
I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." - metallisuk
"I'm a big fan of the effects of alcohol." - Peter Steele
leandroab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2009, 02:52 AM   #29
DO CEO / RHLC ©

AeonSolus is a splendid one to beholdAeonSolus is a splendid one to beholdAeonSolus is a splendid one to beholdAeonSolus is a splendid one to beholdAeonSolus is a splendid one to behold
Dude, instead of doing a baritone...why not andy timmons'ing it?

Those guitars are sexual

Product of my boreness:
https://soundcloud.com/aeonsolus

AeonSolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #30
Stay Negative™

leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeonSolus View Post
Dude, instead of doing a baritone...why not andy timmons'ing it?

Those guitars are sexual
I really would do that exact setting (maple + sunburst) but I couldn't keep the original finish. I was really bummed to remove that finish. For such a "cheap" guitar, it was really nicely done.

But sorry, I'm aiming for B standard and lower tunings. So I'm sticking with the baritone scale. And a sunburst finish is too much hasle for me to get done, so I'll just stick with a basic paintjob. But I'll try to see if I can find some exquisite kinds (metallic, opalescent, etc...)

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
* "
I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." - metallisuk
Unread 09-12-2009, 07:19 PM   #31
DO CEO / RHLC ©

AeonSolus is a splendid one to beholdAeonSolus is a splendid one to beholdAeonSolus is a splendid one to beholdAeonSolus is a splendid one to beholdAeonSolus is a splendid one to behold
Sunbursts are not that hard, you just need to dispose of shitloads of time and wood to try it out on but since college is being a bitch on you, it's better if you stick with the easier and less time consuming

By the way man..try getting a long plank of jacaranda and carve the neck out of it Rosewood necks are the shit

Product of my boreness:
https://soundcloud.com/aeonsolus

AeonSolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2009, 04:53 PM   #32
Stay Negative™

"UPDATE! Apparently nobody gives a shit soooooooooooo .... him!"

ok.. I got wood...

for the neck, that is...

Here they are, along with the stock neck, which I made a test run with the black dye to see how it works... (Next is refretting and half scalloping it)

Got some Ivory and Cedar (ppl ran outta mahogany )... Will be letting them aclimate outside for a couple of weeks... Can't wait! (actually I can, because I'm getting gang raped by college.. haha)

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
* "
Unread 10-06-2009, 03:28 PM   #33
God is dad

Sang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
My first guitar was a Golden Les Paul. It was like... atrocious

Good luck with your project, bro

My signal path (on the works): Schecter KM-7 > Axe Fx Ultra
Sang-Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2009, 02:36 PM   #34
Stay Negative™

I got major wood. Seriously...
Although I got COMPLETELY ANALLY ....ED IN THE ....ING ASSHOLE WITH A GIANT DILDO WRAPPED IN (-)8000000000 GRIT SAND PAPER AND RAZOR BLADES BY CUSTOMS, yeah, like I got ripped off pretty bad (not from LMI, but from customs), like USD$60 more, I got this marvelous bloodwood fingerboard from LMI slotted for a 28.59" scale!

My only concern is that I think that there wasn't too much space left for the nut. At least for me. Am I trippin?

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
* "
Unread 10-19-2009, 02:44 PM   #35
Banned

hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
LMI does not cut fender style nuts...

The first slot is the nut location on that fingerboard....
hufschmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2009, 02:59 PM   #36
Stay Negative™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ......... View Post
LMI does not cut fender style nuts...

The first slot is the nut location on that fingerboard....
Yep, just realized that. it will fit a Graphtech Black Tusk XL nicely!I couldn't be happier! (besides I just gave the FedEx guy 60$ and I have a shitton of tests due this week)

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
* "
Unread 01-25-2010, 10:00 PM   #37
SS.org Regular

MaKo´s Tethan is shredding to new heights.MaKo´s Tethan is shredding to new heights.MaKo´s Tethan is shredding to new heights.MaKo´s Tethan is shredding to new heights.MaKo´s Tethan is shredding to new heights.MaKo´s Tethan is shredding to new heights.MaKo´s Tethan is shredding to new heights.
any update yet? or I mis something...

MaKo´s Tethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2010, 09:53 PM   #38
\m/

vhmetalx is a glorious beacon of lightvhmetalx is a glorious beacon of lightvhmetalx is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Damn man. Update this asap im interested in seeing how it turns out.

"DUDE YOU ARE F*CKING DEAF"
"No i'm not.. I'm a musician"
vhmetalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 05:16 PM   #39
Stay Negative™

Well, due to some issues I never touched this project again....

Not sure when i'll continue it. But I bought a spokeshave a couple of weeks ago, so I didn't forget about it! lol

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
* "
Unread 03-16-2010, 07:29 PM   #40
ss.org Addict

DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
FINISH IT. NOW. I DEMAND TO SEE PROGRESS LEANDRO!
DevinShidaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 08:19 PM   #41
Stay Negative™

I'LL ....ING GLUE THE NECK WITH MY BLOOD AND CARVE IT WITH MY INGROWN NAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
* "
Unread 03-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #42
SS.org Regular

Maurobrazil is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by m13os86 View Post
I did a little research on the "Jacarandá" fretboard, thought it was kind of interesting.
"The name [Jacaranda] is also applied to several tree species of the genera Machaerium and Dalbergia in the pea family, the sources of commercial rosewood."

Sounds way more badass than "rosewood"
Just a point about the woods ...
The real "Jacaranda" loved by luthiers is the Dalbergia, that is called " Brazilian Rosewood" or " Jacaranda da Bahia", just ask the classic guitar players ... others are others, but you have the Indian Rosewood ....
The Cedar that Leandro said doesn´t have anything with the North America Cedar, with is coniferous tree. The Cedar that where used is the Brazilian Red Cedar ( also wrong called Pinkwood ), more similar to mahogany ( but more bright) and to Australian Cedar ...
Maurobrazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 11:32 AM   #43
SS.org Regular

Mvotre is a jewel in the rough
and just remember, little boy:
never, ever buy anything wich will be shipped by fedex. Huge taxing in Brazil. Better just wait from airmail
Mvotre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2010, 10:53 AM   #44
Stay Negative™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvotre View Post
and just remember, little boy:
never, ever buy anything wich will be shipped by fedex. Huge taxing in Brazil. Better just wait from airmail
Better yet, I could've tell one of my 38947293 relatives living in the US to send it to me... But apparently I forgot about that little detail lol.

As regarding to updates. Unfortunately none.

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
* "
Unread 04-04-2010, 11:38 AM   #45
LowCrushingMetal

Evil7 is a glorious beacon of lightEvil7 is a glorious beacon of lightEvil7 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by leandroab View Post
Is this a normal angle that these screws are commonly set?
I dont know a ton about building yet.. but seems as if these screws should have been at no angle at all right?
Evil7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #46
Stay Negative™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil7 View Post
Is this a normal angle that these screws are commonly set?
I dont know a ton about building yet.. but seems as if these screws should have been at no angle at all right?
Definitely not. AND it shouldn't even GO THROUGH the body, at all!!

But, being an "el cheapo" guitar, it's berable.

Did you even notice the "swimming pool" routing job? LOL!!!!

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
* "
Unread 06-07-2010, 01:36 PM   #47
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Oye, viejo...

Quote:
restauration
what the .... is this...

also... hurry the .... up and build this goddamn thing.

Konfyouzd is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 05:35 AM   #48
1 less ERGNESS

ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.ralphy1976 is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by leandroab View Post
I got major wood. Seriously...
Although I got COMPLETELY ANALLY ....ED IN THE ....ING ASSHOLE WITH A GIANT DILDO WRAPPED IN (-)8000000000 GRIT SAND PAPER AND RAZOR BLADES BY CUSTOMS, yeah, like I got ripped off pretty bad (not from LMI, but from customs), like USD$60 more, I got this marvelous bloodwood fingerboard from LMI slotted for a 28.59" scale!
Was this suppose to give us a hint?!!!

Also where are you with this?
ralphy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #49
Stay Negative™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphy1976 View Post
Was this suppose to give us a hint?!!!

Also where are you with this?
The only improvement I actually got was getting the body primed!

The lack of parts, time, and tools made this project pretty impossible... I might abandon the idea of making a neck from scratch, just work on the old one, and put this shit to drop Z hahah

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
* "
Unread 11-21-2010, 09:50 AM   #50
Stay Negative™

SO...

I've abandoned the idea of making a new neck. Now, I'll refret and renew the old neck, paint the guitar, finish the pickguard, and put it back together...

Yeeah!

(making this NON baritone... )

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
* "