homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-26-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
is really Sasquatch.

AngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Schecter Damien 6 Mod Project

A couple months ago i got bored of my schecter damien 6 and i sanded it down to the primer. And then to bare wood on the front. Well today i'm picking up some ebony wood stain for the front, and i'm gonna replace the pickups in it with the Emg 81tw/ 89 in my hellraiser. Pics to come.

First Coat

I just wasted your time.
AngstRiddenDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-26-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
is really Sasquatch.

AngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to behold

Second coat applied. Letting it dry out and then gonna keep putting more and more on.

I just wasted your time.
Unread 05-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'd actually play it just like that, it looks like driftwood or something to me.

I have a Damien 7, and thought about sanding it down to the wood, but I wasn't sure the basswood would look very good in terms of grain and all that. Any advice?

If you're going to 'like' my posts, give me some rep instead.

"
i just laughed at my own reflection, not sure if ugly or drunk" -Murmel

The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #4
Djentiver Gustafsson

oliviergus is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ehhmm, bigger pics please?

Gear:
Ibanez RG7621
LTD Deluxe H-1001.
Axe-Fx Ultra
Rocktron Velocity 300
Line 6 Spider III 15w
Pod XT Live
oliviergus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #5
is really Sasquatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reverend View Post
I'd actually play it just like that, it looks like driftwood or something to me.

I have a Damien 7, and thought about sanding it down to the wood, but I wasn't sure the basswood would look very good in terms of grain and all that. Any advice?
I want it almost like a trans-black, but i agree it would look cool.
I think i lucked out because this piece actually had some good grain. Not a lot, but it certainly isn't plain.
I though it looked good barewood. It doesn't match up with the fretboard that well though. I'm leaving the back and sides natural.
I also sanded the gloss off of the neck and might apply this stain to it, what do you think??

And i will get bigger pictures.

I just wasted your time.
Unread 05-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #6
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.
I would do it. Did your neck have some flame to it? My Damien 7 has a bit of a flame towards the body, I wasn't sure if all of them did. That would look badass in trans black.

"

Unread 05-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #7
is really Sasquatch.

Quote:
I would do it. Did your neck have some flame to it? My Damien 7 has a bit of a flame towards the body, I wasn't sure if all of them did. That would look badass in trans black.
My neck doesn't have any flame sadly.
But i will do it for sure. Why the hell not, right?

I just wasted your time.
Unread 05-26-2012, 06:44 PM   #8
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

Exactly.

"

Unread 05-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #9
is really Sasquatch.

Quote:
Exactly.
Well, got the first bit on there, gonna take a while to darken it up.

I have an offer to maybe put white dimarzio's in it instead of the emg's, so it could end up pretty sweet.

I just wasted your time.
Unread 05-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #10
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

Some white EMGs would look equally as cool. What if you got some white hardware, too? I imagine that wouldn't look too shabby at all.

"

Unread 05-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #11
is really Sasquatch.

I'm looking to spend absolutely no more money than the stain and clear coat are going to cost.
The white dimarzio's are a trade prospect.

I just wasted your time.
Unread 05-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #12
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

Hey, if you fall into some cash down the road, it'd be something to look into.

Which Dimarzio pups would you get from the trade?

"

Unread 05-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #13
is really Sasquatch.

Air Norton/ Tone Zone

I just wasted your time.
Unread 05-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #14
is really Sasquatch.

I just wasted your time.
Unread 05-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #15
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Dude that looks sick, leave it like that
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote