homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Like Tree68Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-08-2012, 02:17 AM   #1
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Vik Guitars: Building a Guitar in a Week

Anyone seen this? Pretty ....ing crazy

A ViK in a week!

OrsusMetal likes this.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-08-2012, 02:21 AM   #2
SS.org Regular

Rusti is just really niceRusti is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
After this build he will have to explain to customers why it doesnt take 1 week to build them guitars also
thrsher, isispelican and Navid like this.
Rusti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 02:24 AM   #3
Undecided forever

Empryrean is a name known to allEmpryrean is a name known to allEmpryrean is a name known to allEmpryrean is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I like this, I like Vik. He's cool
TRENCHLORD likes this.

[ry_z] 4:17 am: You looked tiredness in the face, flexed, and canceled it.
Empryrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 03:41 AM   #4
7slinger

Lorcan Ward is a name known to allLorcan Ward is a name known to allLorcan Ward is a name known to allLorcan Ward is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This is one hell of an undertaking. The only time I've ever seen blackwood being used is on an acoustic or a PRS. From what I gather its as rare to brazilian rosewood as it is to indian.
Lorcan Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 04:05 AM   #5
Sir Paul of the Mosh

drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusti View Post
After this build he will have to explain to customers why it doesnt take 1 week to build them guitars also
so buy this one, it's for sale
drmosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 04:05 AM   #6
ss.org Regular

implicit is on a distinguished road
niiiice, cheers for the heads up.
implicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #7
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Doesn't the wood need time to stabilize between when it is cut and when you start putting everything together? I'd be curious to see how the neck and whatnot are working out a year from now... What about the time between gluing everything up? Glue has to set too.
Church2224, Ribboz and elq like this.

Rig: PRS -> Kemper -> Atomic CLR
First time in a while I've been THIS happy with my tone!
HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #8
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Well he is a luthier so I'd assume he knows what he's doing.
Unread 05-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #9
has wood for you

scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Well, I think he chose the ideal piece of wood for a neck (and guitar) that's being built so fast. I'm sure he wouldn't have tried making a guitar in 1 week if it had a 1 piece curly mahogany neck, since you would indeed expect that to move a bit after every cut... but with such nicely grained BRW which has probably been drying for at least 15 years there probably won't be any significant movement. And if there is, it normaly takes less than a day to shift, which gives him plenty of time to correct it.

Something similar happened with the 2 axes I'm building, one has a 5 piece mahogany/maple neck which indeed have a bit of movement. The other is a one piece granadillo neck which hasn't moved at all.

Aaaaaanyways, can't wait to see this done, I love all of Vik's work, and I'm sure this will be a great axe!
UnderTheSign likes this.

Is this... guitar?
scherzo1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #10
mids are overrated

MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Extreme Makeover: Luthier Edition
MetalDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #11
SS.org Regular

Purelojik is a name known to allPurelojik is a name known to allPurelojik is a name known to allPurelojik is a name known to all
honestly if anyone can do it its vik. he'll still make something in a week that would be better than anything i could do in a few months...
Purelojik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 12:35 PM   #12
Bowes Guitars

canuck brian is pretty damn metal.canuck brian is pretty damn metal.canuck brian is pretty damn metal.canuck brian is pretty damn metal.canuck brian is pretty damn metal.canuck brian is pretty damn metal.canuck brian is pretty damn metal.canuck brian is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGain510 View Post
Doesn't the wood need time to stabilize between when it is cut and when you start putting everything together? I'd be curious to see how the neck and whatnot are working out a year from now... What about the time between gluing everything up? Glue has to set too.
24 hour set and work time for a lot of really good glues.

I've got 4 guitars sitting at my place that I immediately worked after the 24 hour set time for gluing the neck blank, headstock to the neck blank, top wood to the core wood, fretboard to the neck...... They're all fine.

Wood should already be "stable" and properly dried when you first use it. Using green or improperly dried wood is a recipe for disaster.

If Vik used the 24 hour period for neck (laminates -1 day, fretboard 1 day, neck to body - 1 day), He'd still have 4 days to shape, fret, sand etc....

Hell if he used some of the express glues, he could drop that to 12 hour drying time.
canuck brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #13
\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/

BlackMastodon is a splendid one to beholdBlackMastodon is a splendid one to beholdBlackMastodon is a splendid one to beholdBlackMastodon is a splendid one to beholdBlackMastodon is a splendid one to behold
I have no reason to doubt that this guitar will kick as much ass as his other ones.

"Metal is for Vikings; if you're not a Viking, get off the boat." - The Beard

"He doesn't even like Metallica, that's how metal he is." - My friend describing my musical tastes to her friends.
BlackMastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #14
7slinger

Lorcan Ward is a name known to allLorcan Ward is a name known to allLorcan Ward is a name known to allLorcan Ward is a name known to all
I wonder how much this will go for, can anyone estimate a price judging from the high grade woods and hardware?
Unread 05-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #15
Banned

4k+ I'm guessing.
Purelojik likes this.
Unread 05-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #16
Baritone Funbags

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yeah I wouldn't guess very far above at all though
EtherealEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #17

leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Guys, the Nolly sig is $4000. Ive already paid my $2000 deposit and Im getting one of the 5 he's building. This guitar is going to be much much higher than that one. In fact, Vik just emailed me that theres a bunch of guys interested so do expect a bidding war. Vik is a good guy.
leonardo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #18
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
ViK sure is neat.
EtherealEntity likes this.
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #19
SS.org Regular

Rusti is just really niceRusti is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmosh View Post
so buy this one, it's for sale
i dont deserve a Vik
Rusti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #20
7slinger

Interesting. I might throw down a bid but I'd have to question my guitar skills more than my bank balance for owning such an instrument. I am on the waiting list for 2014 though:P
Unread 05-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #21
Kane's Bane

Danukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drawnacrol View Post
Interesting. I might throw down a bid but I'd have to question my guitar skills more than my bank balance for owning such an instrument. I am on the waiting list for 2014 though:P
Dude, I'd be willing to be a good number of Vik's customers aren't even as good as you are.
Danukenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo7 View Post
Guys, the Nolly sig is $4000. Ive already paid my $2000 deposit and Im getting one of the 5 he's building. This guitar is going to be much much higher than that one. In fact, Vik just emailed me that theres a bunch of guys interested so do expect a bidding war. Vik is a good guy.
Blackmachine v2.0
Hollowway, UnderTheSign and Levi79 like this.
Unread 05-09-2012, 12:23 AM   #23
SS.org Regular

Stompmeister is a jewel in the rough
Go Vik! He's the reason why I started my build He's such an inspiration.
Stompmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 04:30 AM   #24
ss.org Regular

IB-studjent- is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danukenator View Post
Dude, I'd be willing to be a good number of Vik's customers aren't even as good as you are.
Ahim...........

-Vik duality 8 fanned fret-
-Vik DCA baritone 6 string
-

This just in:
Apologies to the other Abasi fanbois out there....I have just recently - yesterday actually - moved to a new favorite guitarist. stated a relavent member of the music community.
IB-studjent- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 04:33 AM   #25
ss.org Regular

IB-studjent- is a jewel in the rough
I'd say by the looks of it, it's upper or mid 4k. If I hadn't paid for my 8 string duality I would have jumped on this, but alas I have to move to LA and buy a hell of a lot of stuff But do expect an awesome fanned 8 string build from me in a month or so
Lorcan Ward and scherzo1928 like this.

-Vik duality 8 fanned fret-
-Vik DCA baritone 6 string
-

This just in:
Apologies to the other Abasi fanbois out there....I have just recently - yesterday actually - moved to a new favorite guitarist. stated a relavent member of the music community.
IB-studjent- is offline   Reply With Quote