homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
I suck at guitar.

ConnorGilks is a glorious beacon of lightConnorGilks is a glorious beacon of lightConnorGilks is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help Me Design my ZOMBIE GUITAR!!! (56k = Braaaaiiiiins)

So I've decided to take a black HSS Strat and make it a "zombie" guitar. I want it to look like a zombie and sound like a GOD!! I've got a mockup and lots of little ideas and brainstorms written down, but I'd like some help from you guys. The more ideas the better!

So now that you're looking at the very first mockup, I've kind of gone with a worn Strat as the base look (Plastic will be much dirtier and the body will have more wood showing), with some blood splatters and masking tape "bandages" over top.

I'd like to do more, make it more theatrical looking, despite it looking badass already. I don't want to paint really fine details, and I don't want to cut any wood away, but still want to be able to do more to it like somehow add some ribs showing in it or something neat like that. Just an idea.

EDIT: I'm also bouncing around the idea of adding some green to the guitar, because green just screams zombie. Maybe green dirt on the plastic instead of brown? This color of green: http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/x...v/100_0541.jpg

Any ideas or suggestions on this visually would be AWESOME. Thanks dudes!
Dan_Vacant likes this.
ConnorGilks is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-25-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Stoked on this man! I think that green would be awesome. Also, I would totally play stuff like this on that:

Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #3
I suck at guitar.

ConnorGilks is a glorious beacon of lightConnorGilks is a glorious beacon of lightConnorGilks is a glorious beacon of light
Hey man, thanks for the kind words. Oh man, I've been sotcking up on my creepy music soundtracks from Resident Evil games, to Alice, to horror movie soundtracks... you name it!
Unread 04-26-2012, 01:30 AM   #4
Kahler Abuser

Ironbird is a jewel in the rough
Dude I think the pickguard looks too clean, maybe get a custom one made and 'dirty' it somehow? An aged brass one would look killer, but you could try something else.

Leave no stone unturned until I'm done.
Ironbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 02:08 AM   #5
I suck at guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbird View Post
Dude I think the pickguard looks too clean, maybe get a custom one made and 'dirty' it somehow? An aged brass one would look killer, but you could try something else.
I definitely agree. I'm torn between dirtying it with just brown dirt or green. Green has a more zombified look, but brown works too... tough call...
Unread 04-26-2012, 02:25 AM   #6
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Scratch the shit out of the pickguard, then leave it in some dirt for a bit, then maybe the dirt will be sort of stuck in the scratches and look kind of cool?
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 02:51 AM   #7
I suck at guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthdjentstic View Post
Scratch the shit out of the pickguard, then leave it in some dirt for a bit, then maybe the dirt will be sort of stuck in the scratches and look kind of cool?
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking as far as the dirt bit goes. I don't want to get dirty every time I play it, but I was hoping it would like seep into it somehow... haha.
Unread 04-26-2012, 02:56 AM   #8
angel sword guardian

M3CHK1LLA is a name known to allM3CHK1LLA is a name known to allM3CHK1LLA is a name known to allM3CHK1LLA is a name known to all
paint this on it...

from texas or live here? check in ---> http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/off...ers-check.html

I always thought Cliff getting killed instead of Lars was like John Lennon getting killed instead of Yoko - MJS
M3CHK1LLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 03:02 AM   #9
I suck at guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3CHK1LLA View Post

That's hilarious haha!! Or better yet I could name it Tallahassee. (I totally stole that joke...)
DjentDjentlalala likes this.
Unread 04-26-2012, 03:05 AM   #10
ThePolarBearBrawler

Ardez is a jewel in the rough
I love everything with zombie in it. Awesome project, dude!

Ibanez, Line6, Charvel and stuff
Ardez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 03:11 AM   #11
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbird View Post
You should purposefully put some cracks in the pickguard. Maybe some to the body too. Make it look like you got the Zombie Kill of the Week with your guitar.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gunshow86de is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 05:46 AM   #12
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
I personally like it the way it is. Maybe put some bullet holes in it?
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 06:07 AM   #13
Tard

metal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorGilks View Post

That's hilarious haha!! Or better yet I could name it Tallahassee. (I totally stole that joke...)
Time to nut up or shut up!

My band "Actuality":
https://www.facebook.com/ActualityBand
Australian Prog!
metal_sam14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 06:27 AM   #14
SS.org Regular

Pushingink has a spectacular aura about
You could look for something called puff paint in a sort of moss or puke green and paint a small patch of the pickguard. Almost give it a mossy or infected look.
Pushingink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #15
Turd Ferguson

yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.yellowv harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
I personally would go with one of the worn LTD Strats. It would be cheaper than an MIM standard and a lot of the relic'ing would already be done for you. Also you could get a Floyd. A Zombie guitar needs a Floyd
Bigfan, JamesM and WarOfAttrition like this.
yellowv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #16
Banned

bob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I see that and I dont think of "zombies"... i think of "First aid"

I think a bloody hand print is in order on the body. If you wanna go extra creepy, get a little kid to do it :p
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #17
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Cool idea.

Seconded on the worn LTD.
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #18
SS.org Regular

Atomshipped is a jewel in the rough
You could also look at something by AXL Guitars, they're very affordable and nail the distressed look. I've never played one but heard they're fairly decent. Apply bloody hand prints and you're set.

AXL Badwater SRO Distressed Electric Guitar w/EMG's - AS820-OW Off White - ZoZo Music

AS

They've got a lot more colors/finishes (in other words, different flavors of "beaten to shit") on their site, but most of them aren't HSS. It's definitely something to check out.
Atomshipped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #19
z o m b i e 1 3

Zombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Add some black eyeshadow, Night of the Living Dead style!

Morphesia (Black Metal)
http://morphesia.bandcamp.com/
Squirrelly Arts (Industrial Metal)
http://www.facebook.com/SquirrellyArts
Zombie13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #20
Green guitar addict

BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.
Hollow out some of the body (maybe just get a chambered body), fill it with ketchup packets and blast it with a shotgun.

If you want blood, you got it.

Seriously though? Why not get some Bare Knuckles with Battle-Worn covers (whatever they're called - or just anything knackered looking would do) for an even dirtier, nastier look? And definitely do some bandages around the horns etc, try and find a way of making them permanently stay on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my YouTubings by making clicks upon this most generously provided link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ConnorFGuitar?feature=mhee

You can thank me later. Or throw stones, it's your call.

It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's just hilarious...
BucketheadRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 07:53 PM   #21
SS.org Regular

jl-austin is a jewel in the rough
Get some acid to eat away some of (or a lot of) the body wood, to give it that "zombie" look.

Blood has been done, relic is WAY over done, no one has did acid yet! No one is going to think "zombie" unless big chunks are missing, and it just looks like death.

Revelation 20:12
jl-austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #22
SS.org Regular

asilayamazing is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
scrratch the pick guard put dirt finger prints whatever .
then lacquer it with matte lacquer. and if you want ribs in take it to a tattoo shop that does good black and grey portraits have them paint the guitar, trust me tattoo artist's are badass for that kinda stuff, logos
band covers, skateboards even. guy in my town designed some "ZeRo" boards. ive seen portraits of chuck norris the size of a dime photorealistic. find a good tattoo guy, or have them draw it(like 50 bucks) then take it to a decal shop or something.

smooth transactions with: djpharoah, bob123, Sevenstringer, Jolo5150, kfiggy

If you're gonna "Thank me" then Thank (post) me, or give rep

"With the amount of flak I've been receiving lately, i may just keep this post to myself!"
asilayamazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #23
Banned

bob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl-austin View Post
Get some acid to eat away some of (or a lot of) the body wood, to give it that "zombie" look.

Blood has been done, relic is WAY over done, no one has did acid yet! No one is going to think "zombie" unless big chunks are missing, and it just looks like death.

Troll post?
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #24
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
Troll post?

"With the amount of flak I've been receiving lately, i may just keep this post to myself!"
Unread 04-26-2012, 11:09 PM   #25
SS.org Regular

also at the risk of sounding girly. do whatever blood on the tuners or whatever with whatever then use nail polish lacquer(clear coat Cheap effective!) and itll will last forever as long as your not dumping acetone on your guitar. you can also do this to chrome plated brass rings and such and it wont wear down.