homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Like Tree121Likes

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-22-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

Guitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Invictus Guitars part ways with Vildhjarta

I have no comment on this. Not enough information to formulate an opinion yet.
It sounds like the guitars maybe weren't what they wanted, and Invictus didn't feel like the changes the band wanted were reasonable.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/invic...88368901246567

"FFDP is metal for Nascar fans."-Rick
"Someone said they like guns. I like Mel Gibson."-God
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I wonder what they wanted. Copies of some sort, surely.
Unread 04-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
is really Sasquatch.

AngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Just think of all the orders they got because of Vildhjarta, only to find that Vildhjarta didn't like them.
Jumping on the bandwagon=Fail

I just wasted your time.
Unread 04-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Sometimes its smarter not to say endorsees have left..most companies dont really even declare it
Unread 04-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
Doesn't mean Vildhjarta didn't like them, they just wanted spec changes the company didn't want to offer. They very well could be great guitars, or they could blow cock. The point is no one should jump to conclusions.

That said, the endorsement was pretty rushed and that was a mistake.
Unread 04-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #6
7slinger

Lorcan Ward is a name known to allLorcan Ward is a name known to allLorcan Ward is a name known to allLorcan Ward is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Interesting.
Unread 04-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #7
Proud SSorg member

Battousai has much to be proud ofBattousai has much to be proud ofBattousai has much to be proud ofBattousai has much to be proud ofBattousai has much to be proud ofBattousai has much to be proud of
maybe theyre trying to go too far too fast.. seems like an awful lot of hype/drama for a company that just started.

The Struggle to free Myself from Restraints, becomes my very shackles...
Unread 04-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #8
SS.org Regular

Purelojik is a name known to allPurelojik is a name known to allPurelojik is a name known to allPurelojik is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
not enough thall?
Unread 04-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #9
ss.org Regular

Aftermath1 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purelojik View Post
not enough thall?
Thall of Vildhjarta?
Purelojik and brynotherhino like this.
Unread 04-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #10
Form & Function

Artifacts in Motion is a jewel in the rough
We'd need to hear from the guitarists themselves since Invictus is unwilling to disclose the issue in further detail.
Unread 04-22-2012, 08:11 PM   #11
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifacts in Motion View Post
We'd need to hear from the guitarists themselves since Invictus is unwilling to disclose the issue in further detail.
Are they on here do you know?
Unread 04-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #12
Form & Function

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath1 View Post
I recall Bergstrom being a member, but don't quote me on it. I'm merely going by memory.
Unread 04-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #13
SS.org Regular

Guitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath1 View Post
I'm friends with Daniel on Facebook, but I don't feel like asking him, as it just seems unprofessional. They'll tell us if they want us to know.

Unread 04-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #14
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Why do you guys care so much?
Unread 04-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #15
7slinger

Lorcan Ward is a name known to allLorcan Ward is a name known to allLorcan Ward is a name known to allLorcan Ward is a name known to all
Just read there that one of the guitarists has left the band. Maybe that had something to do with it.
Unread 04-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #16
Turd Reviver

Thallkenbrack will become famous soon enough
From what I've seen so far, it looks like the guitars were not what they asked for, and that the band will post a full disclosure tomorrow.
Unread 04-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #17
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarman700 View Post
I'm friends with Daniel on Facebook, but I don't feel like asking him, as it just seems unprofessional. They'll tell us if they want us to know.
Yeah probably best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthdjentstic View Post
I was interested in their guitars and I just want to see if it was something to do with the company for the reason they left.
Unread 04-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #18
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
More builder drama. Awesome.
kruneh, sakeido, Purelojik and 5 others like this.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
Unread 04-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #19
Form & Function

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthdjentstic View Post
I'm in the market for a custom seven string, and I was interested in Invictus guitars. Learning more about the company will help me make a better decision on which brand to commission.
Unread 04-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #20
Dr Djodson

xCaptainx is a name known to allxCaptainx is a name known to allxCaptainx is a name known to allxCaptainx is a name known to all
since when do companies make public announcements like this? pretty embarrassing to read.
Unread 04-22-2012, 09:09 PM   #21
Banned

bob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
and this is why companies like ibanez owns your soul when you become an endorsee...

Unless they drop YOU, you are in it for a while :p
Unread 04-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #22
Kane's Bane

Danukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to beholdDanukenator is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I love how the comments on the Facebook page went from "Man I wounder what happened, and who the guilty party is?" to "ZOMG Invictus is the best, they are just not grateful!!!"

I'm personally interested because after hearing about Mike Sherman, I'd never want to put myself at risk for that kind of issue. With a company that is affordable and gaining popularity to have their biggest endorser drop them is a call for alarm. Could it be a simple issue like unreasonable specs, in all likely hood yes. Could it be the sign of something much worse, unlikely, but I'd rather know now and not later.
Aftermath1 likes this.
Unread 04-22-2012, 09:28 PM   #23
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOfMetal View Post
More builder drama. Awesome.
My thoughts exactly. Seems like this pops up in some manner or another every five months or so.

Unread 04-22-2012, 09:28 PM   #24
The GAS Man

Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 105 reviews
Maybe they're going to another brand? Basically, it doesn't have to mean that somebody was an asshole, or something messed up. It could mean it just didn't work out and now the band is going another route.
UnderTheSign likes this.

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Unread 04-22-2012, 09:30 PM   #25
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Of Angels View Post
Maybe they're going to another brand? Basically, it doesn't have to mean that somebody was an asshole, or something messed up. It could mean it just didn't work out and now the band is going another route.
Precisely why I decided not to make any comments. It's too soon to tell. At this point, all we can do is speculate.
DjentDjentlalala likes this.

Closed Thread