homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Metal_Webb
  • 2 Post By Tiger
  • 1 Post By All_Ľour_Bass

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #1

Tiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ive played guitar forever but know nothing about them

Hello all, so I recently got an agile extended range to replace my old custom 30". That guitar has a lot of issues and I generally dislike the neck, so now Im ready to part out a few chunks of it. I dont think I can sell the guitar easily, but I know I can sell the lundgren M7 it has housed in it, but I know absolutely nothing about guitars equipment wise.

If I were to sell it what do I need to do to remove it completely so whoever's buying it has everything he/she needs? Its not complicated to open it up and start pulling things out but I dont want to screw anything up.

Dont judge, I just never needed to work on my own guitars or cared to.
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-21-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
Baritone Funbags

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This is the second time I've heard about issues with TIL - I'm curious what was up? I know he's not in business anymore but I'm interested to know as his guitars looked great and used to be a dream of mine, haha.

Sorry I have no answer to your question!
EtherealEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #3
Needs more strings

Metal_Webb is a glorious beacon of lightMetal_Webb is a glorious beacon of lightMetal_Webb is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
To get the pup out is a fairly easy process.

1. Remove the back electronics cover. Also having no strings on the guitar helps immensely.

2. Undo the screws on the pickup mounting ring. If it doesn't have one, just back the pickup off so that it is no longer attached to the body.

3. By GENTLY tugging on the pup, work out which leads in the cavity are directly attached to it. Feel free to tape the pup down temporarily whilst working on the upside down guitar.

4.a) You can either cut the leads as close to their solder points as possible, then you can take the pickup out freely.

4.b) Or, if you want to play with a soldering iron, use one to melt the anchor points and remove the leads. I prefer this method as it results in much cleaner components and doesn't shorten the pup's lead.

5. Done! Hope this helps
Tiger likes this.

"By the way, melted binding looks like marshmallow. But it really doesn't taste like it." - MapleLeaf97
Metal_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #4

Tiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dude thanks a lot, sorry for the slow reply, work has been hectic.

Ill give it a shot in the next few days and see if I didnt ruin it.

I think the guitar had a lot of promise but for the life of me and every
one of my guitar tech friends we could never really get it to intonate in a reasonable manner.

My agile has been plug and play and I love it. Not sure what the fate of the old 30" is going to be yet. But Ive got a baby and a puppy on the way so money is always great.
EtherealEntity and Metal_Webb like this.
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #5
SS.org Regular

HighPotency is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Generally, you'll find that guitars hold their value with the pickups they came with, better than if you took the pickup(s) out and then sold it.

That being said, I don't know the guitar in question or the reputation of who built it, so I can't speak for how well it would have held its value. Given the nature of most custom instruments, however, I would make the assumption that it lost a lot of value.

I would suggest trying to sell it for a price you find reasonable. If that doesn't work, then you could resort to parting it out. If it has a bolt-on neck, you could sell the neck and body separately and possibly get more that way.
HighPotency is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
Army Without A Flag

All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^
Divide and conquer, selling in pieces almost always gets more money than a full instrument, esp. if one of those pieces is a decent/good set of pups.
Michael T likes this.

No Nation. No Philosophy. No Ideology.
All_Ľour_Bass is offline   Reply With Quote