homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Like Tree61Likes

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #51
SS.org Regular

SkullCrusher is a glorious beacon of lightSkullCrusher is a glorious beacon of lightSkullCrusher is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB-studjent- View Post
and that would be ..........

EDIT: you wanted a scooter
I would love a scooter.

Maybe I have flamed Invictus/rayne maybe to much. for which I apologise.
IB-studjent- and Nautilus like this.

Mayones Regius MM CW

EVH 5150 (50 watt, Mexico)
Zilla Fatboy 2x12 (V30s)
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-22-2012, 04:12 PM   #52
The Nocturnal Chaos

Daemon is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm myself endorsing Invictus Guitars with my band ( The Nocturnal Chaos ).
Trust me that the building process is approved by awesome players ( Monuments, Aliases, Born Of Osiris, Vildhjarta, etc ! )
BTW, they're also only picking some great and well selected piece of wood.

So IMO you should defo go for an Invictus, I'm saying it not only 'cause I'm endorsing Invictus, but because I trust them and you should too, because they're doing some precise and solid guitars dude !

And if my words didn't convinced you, just look at the pics bellow

-----------------------------------------------------------------

THE NOCTURNAL CHAOS :

www.thenocturnalchaos.com/
Facebook
Unread 04-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #53
Electrifying

Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapin View Post
Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust sayin'...... "looked at on the stand....." even if it was a long and hard stare.... pick it up....the guitar's stunning. Enough said on that one!
Each to their own, I guess

You obviously like it or you wouldn't have it

I make no assertion that looking at something from a few feet away is the best way to judge, which is why I made a point of saying such. It really didn't look.... It.... For me. Maybe I'm missing something a close inspection would help with.

Got questions about anything I've said, done or do? How about pickups, tech, music production or just anything! Check here and ask away!

My project on Facebook: Rook

Click banner below to download my first E.P. for free or pay what you want:
Unread 04-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #54
7slinger

Lorcan Ward is a name known to allLorcan Ward is a name known to allLorcan Ward is a name known to allLorcan Ward is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The top on this is crazy!!!
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #55
SS.org Regular

Purelojik is a name known to allPurelojik is a name known to allPurelojik is a name known to allPurelojik is a name known to all
that right horn looks like its gonna break off sometime.... kinda wish for more symmetrical thickness more or less.
Unread 04-25-2012, 04:27 AM   #56
Lefty supremacist

Nautilus is a jewel in the rough
Well fair play to mr mod.

Someone asked for pictures, I posted pictures...never mind! If my previous post was deemed advertisement then who am I to argue.

The point is that I totally understand people have great trepidation over this workshop. I get it. There have been plenty of people jumping on board, and not too much follow through yet.

I can only say that none of these guitars are machined, at all. Expect the outline of the body and cavities for hardware. It's supposed to be a very organic approach to instrument building. If you don't like this approach then there are other fabulous places you can get builds from, with great workshops!

Anyone is welcome to come see these guitars, and we have a clinic session soon. We are at the UK Tech Metal Festival for those attending to also try them out. If you're concerned about these guitars then by all means come along to these different events- judge for yourself, we aren't hiding a thing.
Daemon likes this.

Unread 04-25-2012, 06:10 AM   #57
SS.org Regular

endo is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purelojik View Post
that right horn looks like its gonna break off sometime.... kinda wish for more symmetrical thickness more or less.
Agreed. It looks like a disformed phalange...like...like it wasn't in the womb for the full 9 months.
Purelojik likes this.

I don't listen to music. I make it.
Unread 04-25-2012, 06:13 AM   #58
ss.org Regular

IB-studjent- is a jewel in the rough
I love the guitar, looks very clean, but that bottom horn looks like it's a birth defect. If upper fret access was their aim, they could have still kept the horn at a reasonable size without compromising the strength of the guitar.

-Vik duality 8 fanned fret-
-Vik DCA baritone 6 string
-

This just in:
Apologies to the other Abasi fanbois out there....I have just recently - yesterday actually - moved to a new favorite guitarist. stated a relavent member of the music community.
Unread 04-25-2012, 06:43 AM   #59
Lefty supremacist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB-studjent- View Post
I love the guitar, looks very clean, but that bottom horn looks like it's a birth defect. If upper fret access was their aim, they could have still kept the horn at a reasonable size without compromising the strength of the guitar.
The design isn' for everyone, but it's a tried and tested design. People told Strandberg he wasn't going to get anywhere and his headless designs were never going to be sturdy or practical...look at him now

But it's strong believe me. I've never really understood the douchebags running around annihilating their gear onstage....I suppose in the 'djent' scene it's not so bad.

Guitar under you chin, chickenbobbing along! (love it).

It'll take a knock and then some. We walked guitars with horns just like that in to a door at full pace...we came off much worse that the guitar. The door didn't do so well either.
Daemon likes this.

Unread 04-25-2012, 06:49 AM   #60
Cogito, ergo bardus.

Quitty is just really niceQuitty is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'm curious about the Vildhjarta incident.
We have decided to terminate our agreement with invictus guitars and send back the guitars we've received from them as they couldnt meet our requirements.

Back on stocking up on ibby xl's! ^^
I'd find the Ibby thing somewhat insulting - and i don't need no scooter.
Care to elaborate how something like that came about?

"I WANT TO .... A UNICORN IN THE ASS WITH IT AND IMPREGNATE IT WITH MY METAL SEED!" ~FretWizard88

...But dignity is difficult to maintain,
stamina requires constant upkeep,
repetition is boring
and you pay for grace.
Unread 04-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #61
The Nocturnal Chaos

Daemon is a jewel in the rough
@Quitty : Just look at the thread about it bellow !
Quitty likes this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

THE NOCTURNAL CHAOS :

www.thenocturnalchaos.com/
Facebook
Unread 04-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #62
SS.org Regular

Purelojik is a name known to allPurelojik is a name known to allPurelojik is a name known to allPurelojik is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
Well fair play to mr mod.

Someone asked for pictures, I posted pictures...never mind! If my previous post was deemed advertisement then who am I to argue.

The point is that I totally understand people have great trepidation over this workshop. I get it. There have been plenty of people jumping on board, and not too much follow through yet.

I can only say that none of these guitars are machined, at all. Expect the outline of the body and cavities for hardware. It's supposed to be a very organic approach to instrument building. If you don't like this approach then there are other fabulous places you can get builds from, with great workshops!

Anyone is welcome to come see these guitars, and we have a clinic session soon. We are at the UK Tech Metal Festival for those attending to also try them out. If you're concerned about these guitars then by all means come along to these different events- judge for yourself, we aren't hiding a thing.

i think though thats the problem, is that the company doesnt seem to bring anything new to the table(not that that happens to be a requirement). building guitars just to make great guitars is just as good of a reason. I think im just talkin about the people who are wondering why the hubbub all of a sudden. Vik and Strandberg have something which distinguishes them above other builders. and so i think people are trying to figure out whats new about this company. Once they find it(or dont) then the fuzz will die out.
Unread 04-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #63
Electrifying

Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.
Who told strandberg he wouldn't get anywhere?

These invictus threads are like a guilty pleasure, they remind me of Hello magazine or something.
Bigfan likes this.

Got questions about anything I've said, done or do? How about pickups, tech, music production or just anything! Check here and ask away!

Unread 04-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #64
Lefty supremacist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun111 View Post
Who told strandberg he wouldn't get anywhere?

These invictus threads are like a guilty pleasure, they remind me of Hello magazine or something.
I hear plenty of people, particularly those on different builders forums (not this one) said his approach didn't work. And no we don't innovate in the same way that Strandberg does, we just have a bit more of an organic take on classic guitar building.

Yes. This thread is pretty much a gossip column. If you want more information over the Vildhjarta stuff see their FB page/ our FB page. I think we can all just agree that nobody's still quite sure of what to make of our workshop right now

I think a line can probably be drawn under this little chat fest now.
---------------------------------------------------
Daemon likes this.

Unread 04-28-2012, 12:30 AM   #65
SS.org Regular

endo is a jewel in the rough
Tofu is an organic approach...tofu is pretty gross. I kid, I kid.

Sorry, I like to cross lines.
djentinc likes this.

I don't listen to music. I make it.
Unread 04-28-2012, 03:37 AM   #66
Electrifying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
I hear plenty of people, particularly those on different builders forums (not this one) said his approach didn't work. And no we don't innovate in the same way that Strandberg does, we just have a bit more of an organic take on classic guitar building.

Yes. This thread is pretty much a gossip column. If you want more information over the Vildhjarta stuff see their FB page/ our FB page. I think we can all just agree that nobody's still quite sure of what to make of our workshop right now

I think a line can probably be drawn under this little chat fest now.
I never said anything about you not innovating, just thought the strandberg example was a little odd.

You don't nee to justify your business to me, if you look through the threads I've said several times I totally understand the business model and think you approach the perfect price point in the market. I also think you should promote that price point like hell.

I've got to be honest, if you aesthetic were a little more to my liking, I'd be tempted to order something based solely on your price point, the fact that your a small British business also makes me want to support you. You may even remember asking if we could modify the aesthetic at one stage.

Still, I wouldn't try and stop the gossip personally, just rise above it, if you're products and service are as good as you say it'll speak for itself, it very early to be judging or defending from either party I think.

Just my 2 pence.

Unread 03-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #67
SS.org Regular

SkullCrusher is a glorious beacon of lightSkullCrusher is a glorious beacon of lightSkullCrusher is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullCrusher View Post
I would love a scooter.

Maybe I have flamed Invictus/rayne maybe to much. for which I apologise.
I lied. I'm not sorry, the guitar was bit of wank.

The hype is gone hahaha.

Mayones Regius MM CW

Zilla Fatboy 2x12 (V30s)
Unread 03-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #68
spontaneus orgasmer

teleofseven has a spectacular aura about
wait... people are still asking "what do you think about invictus?" ...dude!

comeon! invictus is a complete pile of fraudulent shit! there's a whole thread and even an article about their misery and scams. their quality is shit. the whole company has gone down.

vildhjarta pulled out of their deal because they were delivering shit to them.

all these threads about bad build quality and bad interactions with the customers have not gotten to your ears yet?

Invictus Guitars Revealed to be Idiots
djentinc likes this.

BRJ, invictus, ed roman. the list of shameless and shady brands goes on. always remember to do some backround checks.
Unread 03-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #69
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by teleofseven View Post
wait... people are still asking "what do you think about invictus?" ...dude!

comeon! invictus is a complete pile of fraudulent shit! there's a whole thread and even an article about their misery and scams. their quality is shit. the whole company has gone down.

vildhjarta pulled out of their deal because they were delivering shit to them.

all these threads about bad build quality and bad interactions with the customers have not gotten to your ears yet?

Invictus Guitars Revealed to be Idiots
Yeah I know man, I got flamed a while ago 'cos I said they were shit and I had previous experience but some smart arses on here saw a pic and thought they were the best thing in the world.

Mayones Regius MM CW

Zilla Fatboy 2x12 (V30s)
Unread 03-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #70
SS.org Regular

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
you also gotta notice somebody necrobumped the crap outa this
Unread 03-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #71
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellings6 View Post
you also gotta notice somebody necrobumped the crap outa this
and what.

Mayones Regius MM CW

Zilla Fatboy 2x12 (V30s)
Unread 03-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #72
SS.org Regular

Gregori is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullCrusher View Post
Yeah I know man, I got flamed a while ago 'cos I said they were shit and I had previous experience but some smart arses on here saw a pic and thought they were the best thing in the world.
Are you referring to this thread? Because it looks to me like the only one saying anything to you was the owner of invictus(and a few other people teasing you about the scooter thing).
SkullCrusher likes this.
Closed Thread