homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By elq
  • 1 Post By technomancer
  • 3 Post By technomancer
  • 1 Post By Stealthdjentstic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-22-2012, 02:10 AM   #1
elq
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
New Wood Day

Dalbergia tucarensis - 3 pieces each 1x3x40-7/8"

Combined with a pair of ebony stringers, this will be a neck.

Sequoioideae - a nice one piece top

Sooner or later I will buy a nice piece of Dalbergia melanoxylon for a fretboard -

Perhaps I'll also buy a second smaller piece for a headstock overlay...
Randy, joaocunha and dbrozz like this.
elq is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-22-2012, 02:18 AM   #2
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Sweet!
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 02:44 AM   #3
came and went

TRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That wood gives me wood!!!
TRENCHLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 03:22 AM   #4
Jebus

Goatchrist is just really niceGoatchrist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looks promising!

You must unlearn what you have learned.
Goatchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 03:48 AM   #5
SS.org Regular

Lirtle is a glorious beacon of lightLirtle is a glorious beacon of lightLirtle is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
that top OoOoOoo
Lirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #6
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
You're welcome on the redwood

Nice scores. I've got some of that Panama Rosewood at Rob's shop waiting to be a neck as well

I also want to get some African Blackwood for a fretboard at some point...
elq likes this.

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #7
Djent ............

joaocunha is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Sequoioideae looks sweeet! Kudos for not going common

Nice deals with: zimbloth, Leon, slimegod, TMM, angus, 7 Dying Trees, OrsusMetal, iondestroyer1527, mgcasella, lobee, zomb13, Elysian, Toshiro, smith10210, tecniq, maxident213, code001, Galius, turmoil, highlordmugfug, Revan132, beneharris, MastrXploder, jordanky, Jstring, myampslouder, Michael T, Levi79, Aurochs34
joaocunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 03:12 PM   #8
Many Fingers

Valennic is a glorious beacon of lightValennic is a glorious beacon of lightValennic is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I am firmly of the opinion you have far too much money for your own good.

It is time to stop spending my friend, you need to handle your addiction

Affiliated with Ace Music of Newville, PA.

Valennic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
elq
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valennic View Post
I am firmly of the opinion you have far too much money for your own good.

It is time to stop spending my friend, you need to handle your addiction

You sound like the women in my life...

I'm excited as this build will have a first for me - a custom inlay (perhaps more than one too)!
Unread 02-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #10
SS Contributor

Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Nice looking wood. It's going to make a sweet looking axe!

Mattmc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #11
SS Contributor

TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.
Iv never even heard of these woods before
TimSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #12
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by elq View Post
You sound like the women in my life...

I'm excited as this build will have a first for me - a custom inlay (perhaps more than one too)!

So this is for a 7DC?

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 02-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #13
elq
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSE View Post
Iv never even heard of these woods before
Heh, you probably have - rosewood, redwood, and blackwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer View Post

So this is for a 7DC?

Unread 02-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #14
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Blackwood? Drakkar has some of that lying around.
Unread 02-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #15
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthdjentstic View Post
Blackwood? Drakkar has some of that lying around.

I'm thinking you need another ban
elq, scherzo1928 and themike like this.

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 02-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #16
Of Blood and Sawdust

JaeSwift is a glorious beacon of lightJaeSwift is a glorious beacon of lightJaeSwift is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Nice redwood there!
JaeSwift is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #17
SS.org Regular

mountainjam has much to be proud ofmountainjam has much to be proud ofmountainjam has much to be proud ofmountainjam has much to be proud ofmountainjam has much to be proud ofmountainjam has much to be proud ofmountainjam has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Thats a beautiful piece of Sequoia sempervirens you got there
mountainjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #18
Banned

Quote:

I'm thinking you need another ban
Well it has been a while.
Purelojik likes this.
Unread 02-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #19
Ashes Of Rebirth

iRaiseTheDead is a glorious beacon of lightiRaiseTheDead is a glorious beacon of lightiRaiseTheDead is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Oh baby hurry with this build!
iRaiseTheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #20
elq
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

A few quick pics before it gets shipped off to Rob.

Unread 02-27-2012, 03:20 PM   #21
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Wow that looks fantastic. Did you have that shipped to you and took those shots or did they do those for you?

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 02-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #22
elq
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Wow that looks fantastic. Did you have that shipped to you and took those shots or did they do those for you?
thanks for the pointer

The seller uses the paypal checkout flow and I couldn't specify a shipping address other than my billing address, so it came to me and I took the pics.
Unread 02-27-2012, 04:12 PM   #23
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Quote:
thanks for the pointer

The seller uses the paypal checkout flow and I couldn't specify a shipping address other than my billing address, so it came to me and I took the pics.
Glad it worked out. Also gotta' remember that (had never ordered from them before, just been drooling over that redwood )

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 02-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #24
SS Contributor

TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Heh, you probably have - rosewood, redwood, and blackwood
Ahhh well what do you know!
TimSE is offline   Reply With Quote