homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MaxOfMetal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
f*ckin bow down!

Augury will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pickups changing

Hai,
I just got my new RGR321EX today. And asked a guy in the music store how much cost changing the pickups to EMGs. He said... 70 euros + a set of EMGs. Hell, isn't it a little bit much? I mean, hey, 70 EUR for something like this? I thought, yea, 10 euros for sure or smth, it isn't much work and stuff like that.
So, because for 70 euros I can have a third EMG (lul), I decided to do this myself, and I need to know, what I can exactly .... up. And maybe some tips on doing it. I know, there are some tutorials on the net, but I'm still not sure about some things (for example what to do with pots and switch) and maybe someone already installed EMGs in the same or smilar guitar.
Thx in advance,
Augury
Augury is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
That does seem like a lot, but it's definitely something that most places would charge more than 10 Euro for. Here in the US it's common to be charged close to 40 Euro (~$50). I can see how a shop with a large backlog of work would charge a bit more.

As for installing them yourself it's pretty easy, especially EMGs thanks to their quick connect system. You will need to solder the switch and output jack, but that's really not too bad if you've used a soldering iron before.

The pickups will come with installation instructions.
Augury likes this.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
f*ckin bow down!

Augury will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yup I can solder. Thank you very much for the response, really appreciated. I'll definately do it myself.
Cheers!
Augury is offline   Reply With Quote