homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By brutalwizard
  • 1 Post By Swyse
  • 1 Post By Iamasingularity
  • 1 Post By Iamasingularity

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-14-2011, 10:37 PM   #1
7string Ghost

Iamasingularity is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lightbulb NBP (New Bass Project): Thumper the rabbit

Hi guys, so I was looking at some guitar stuff over the internets and found a really nice but cheap Deviser bass body. For those of you that don`t know Deviser, its a small company thats been around for a little over 30 years in Japan. They make custom basses and guitars that are nice with price ranges from 2000-3000+ dollars. So besides having a bunch of Ibby`s, a schecter and some other wierd stuff I have a MB-40 bass. Its a alright bass, but I`m afraid its tone is really hard, and might need some upgrades. So I`ve decided to start this project together to put together various parts and customize the bass. I have ordered the body which is in perfect condition for around a 100$`s. I will post a pic of the body once it arrives, and will consider any ideas/comments as to what I should do. Stay tuned.

Grand Moff Tim: "Sometimes when you want some ass, you have to eat some fake lashes. That's just life man.

Red Seas Fire: "When it doubt, downpick everything."
Iamasingularity is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #2
Pretty Your Petunia

brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
exited to see this
Iamasingularity likes this.

Check out my band

Facebook.come/forsythiaofficial

My youtube
youtube.com/therealgtarbeast666

I don't think that we ever thought of it as the equivalent of music, as the end-goal was to buy more in-game slut clothes-- schecterwhore on rock band

Im a super chill mellow ambient slut. --7 STRINGS OF HATE
brutalwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 12:16 AM   #3
7string Ghost

Update: So the body came today and here are a few pics, forgive me for the bad quality, using an itouch.

IMG_0547.JPG

So here we have the 2p ash body. Has a really nice pattern, and it looks white in the middle due to the light above. Really light and the grain is really smooth and shines. The routing and alighment is perfect.

IMG_0548.JPG

The back contour is great, the heel is standard, but I can reach the 20/22 fret quite confortably.

IMG_0549.JPG

Close up of the pickup routing and cavity.

IMG_0550.JPG

The little routing below the bridge pickup is for the screw of the deviser`s bridge. I haven`t decided on a bridge yet, but that routing there won`t be a problem to place other kinds of bridges.

IMG_0551.JPG

The neck cavity, and the branded Deviser logo.

So thats all for now, and I`m still interested in people`s thoughts/ideas.
Stay tuned for more on the project. gday!

Grand Moff Tim: "Sometimes when you want some ass, you have to eat some fake lashes. That's just life man.

Unread 12-19-2011, 02:19 AM   #4
Swyse

Swyse is a glorious beacon of lightSwyse is a glorious beacon of lightSwyse is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

With this neck the fan will be aproximately this fretfind 2d
Iamasingularity likes this.

i prefer the reverse stranger where I sit on my dick till it's numb, so it feels like I'm jerking a stranger off - theo in chat
Swyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 07:00 AM   #5
7string Ghost

Update: So I was talking with Swyse in the chatroom about the bass project and suprisingly he brought up the subject of the graphite neck that I was thinking of buying.
I had checked the Allparts (Japanese site) daybefore and ased if they stocked the necks. To my dissapointment they didn`t and had a limited stock of parts, most of them being knobs and accesories. I then checked other sites and they stocked it, but didnt take bank transfers as I don`t have a credit card. So Swyse showed me this link on the moses site:

MJ-144A: 34

and it was just the exact thing I was looking for. A fanned fret J bass neck. The guys there also accepted bank transfers, so I was pretty elated to know. I also was surprised to find that the neck was so cheap. Its probably because of the yen-dollar rate, but its a really great deal because the standard moses neck here (In Japan) cost around 900$. And guess what. I just don`t have that kind of money. So ordering it will be the equivalent of 350$, thus saving me a lot of money and trouble. So our talk proceeded to the finish of the body. Eventually he showed me a pic similar to this:

http://www.ubersonic.com.au/wp-conte...thic%20red.jpg

It was a setius gothic, and was the finish I was planning to give my 8 string build. I pictured the paint on the gothic on my bass and it was an instant descision. I was gonna make this bass look metal as ..... That was its destiny. I had previously talked with the guys on chat a few days ago, and was planning on a blue/green ocean kind of finish. Sorry guys it was just too good of a plan to pass, so forgive me. As I said it the concept was to make the bass scream metal, so I promise to use the blue/green ocean fnish on my next guitar build. Here are the pdfs Swyse used to generate the fanned fret neck, and see if indivisual sadles were neccesary for this build. The fret boards at the end were pretty even, so I decided that a normal bridge should do for now.

Since 7string uploads do not support pdfs, here are some gdoc links of it:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...LPvIu9XBM/edit

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...0oP7eT918/edit

So stay tuned for the finish on the body, and later on the graphite neck development. I plan to mod the neck quite a bit, so it should be interesting.
Swyse likes this.

Unread 12-19-2011, 07:18 AM   #6
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
You had me at Thumper the Rabbit... This looks awesome.

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 07:23 AM   #7
7string Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfyouzd View Post
You had me at Thumper the Rabbit... This looks awesome.
haha, brutalwizard named the it while we were talking about it.
Konfyouzd likes this.

Unread 12-19-2011, 11:26 PM   #8
7string Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamasingularity View Post
haha, brutalwizard named the it while we were talking about it.
Lol. "named the it" I must have been really tired

Unread 01-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #9
7string Ghost

Update: This project has been put on hold for now as I have 2 client builds to do and have given top priority to them. I will resume the projects when I have more time, or when I feel I can ease on the other builds. Thank you for reading.

Unread 01-06-2012, 07:04 AM   #10
SS.org Regular

ImBCRichBitch can only hope to improve
I see your going the J-Bass path. Well you have chosen, Young Skywalker. I hope to see this thing in action soon.

B.C. Rich's and Orange's

Every guitarist on earth should have a Telecaster, even if you hate Fender
ImBCRichBitch is offline   Reply With Quote