homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Like Tree105Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-04-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
Djent ............

joaocunha is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Cool My Blackmachine-inspired 8 string build

Hey, folks!

It's been a while since I created a thread about my 6 string Blackmachine-inspired build and unfortunately that project is temporarily offline. Hope to get it running again someday soon.

Anyway, there's some good news. I've been working with another luthier for my first 8 string build, so I'll let you guys see how it's going. Its more of a Blackmachine rip-off than an inspiration itself, but in a neck through fashion.

SPECS:
- Mahogany body, neck and wings;
- 27" Jacarandá da Bahia (brazilian rosewood) fingerboard;
- Spalted Maple top, matching headstock and controls cavity cover;
- Black Bareknuckle Pickups Warpig 8 set;
- Black + anodized gold Sperzel locking tuners;
- Black Hipshot fixed bridge;
- Graphtech nut;

Some very exotic looking piece of Jacarandá da Bahia. It's the center part of the wood, we call it "Brancal" here in Brazil, don't remember how it's called in english. That part of the wood is pretty soft, but its more than useable in a fingerboard.

Beautiful piece of Spalted Maple I had to import through eBay. I always digged spalted maple tops

They look alike, I think:

TJV and Solodini like this.

Nice deals with: zimbloth, Leon, slimegod, TMM, angus, 7 Dying Trees, OrsusMetal, iondestroyer1527, mgcasella, lobee, zomb13, Elysian, Toshiro, smith10210, tecniq, maxident213, code001, Galius, turmoil, highlordmugfug, Revan132, beneharris, MastrXploder, jordanky, Jstring, myampslouder, Michael T, Levi79, Aurochs34
joaocunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
Djent ............

Progress!

Nice deals with: zimbloth, Leon, slimegod, TMM, angus, 7 Dying Trees, OrsusMetal, iondestroyer1527, mgcasella, lobee, zomb13, Elysian, Toshiro, smith10210, tecniq, maxident213, code001, Galius, turmoil, highlordmugfug, Revan132, beneharris, MastrXploder, jordanky, Jstring, myampslouder, Michael T, Levi79, Aurochs34
Unread 10-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #3
SS Contributor

TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Dayum! that is some nice spalt!
Konfyouzd likes this.
TimSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #4
Djent ............

Now it just needs finishing.

What do you guys think?
TJV, Ruins, Minoin and 7 others like this.

Unread 10-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #5
Ripplesprint

Mysticlamp is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
holy crap that wood is sexy
joaocunha and ThePhilosopher like this.
Mysticlamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:53 PM   #6
SS.orgLocalArchitect

crg123 is a name known to allcrg123 is a name known to allcrg123 is a name known to allcrg123 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Dude that looks awesome, you should do some sort of oil finish over it to emphasize the wood grain and make it look more alittle darker. That's just my opinion, it amazing looking though.
crg123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #7
Djent ............

Quote:
Originally Posted by crg123 View Post
Dude that looks awesome, you should do some sort of oil finish over it to emphasize the wood grain and make it look more alittle darker. That's just my opinion, it amazing looking though.
Thank you! That's what is about do be done next

Unread 10-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #8
SS.orgLocalArchitect

crg123 is a name known to allcrg123 is a name known to allcrg123 is a name known to allcrg123 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
!!! Can't wait, I' glad you were planning that! Its going to loook soooo awesome with an oil finish over it!

I see alittle imperfections on the back, is it possible to sand those dents out on the back? The only reason I mention is its a shame, considering the quality of the build. You should redo the control plate too. Like I said the only reason I mention these is because I love this guitar so much. Best of luck! I hope to see more of your builds! Hell once you perfect your technique, I'd considering buying one I'm that impressed!
crg123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:04 PM   #9
\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/

BlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud ofBlackMastodon has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That is looking damn good! Love that top.
joaocunha likes this.

"Metal is for Vikings; if you're not a Viking, get off the boat." - The Beard

"He doesn't even like Metallica, that's how metal he is." - My friend describing my musical tastes to her friends.
BlackMastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #10
Bass Player in Exile

HaMMerHeD is just really niceHaMMerHeD is just really nice
That fingerboard is tits.
joaocunha likes this.
HaMMerHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 11:14 PM   #11
Djent ............

Quote:
Originally Posted by crg123 View Post
I see alittle imperfections on the back, is it possible to sand those dents out on the back?
Sure do, sir! When I said "needs finishing", I meant a lot of sanding and them oiling and coating. A faded finish would be my choice, but this piece of spalted maple is really fragile.

Unread 10-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #12
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
What the hell? Do you build for a living? That thing is amaaaazing! And you win all sorts for that (lack of a) neck heel!
joaocunha and MJS like this.
Hollowway is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 11:26 PM   #13
Djent ............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowway View Post
What the hell? Do you build for a living? That thing is amaaaazing! And you win all sorts for that (lack of a) neck heel!
Sorry I didn't make that clear. I used the word "luthier" which means "builder". The guy is named Cleder Peruzzo, you can check out his work here: Peruzzo Custom Guitars . Caxias do Sul

Unread 10-04-2011, 11:37 PM   #14
SS.org Regular

MastrXploder is a glorious beacon of lightMastrXploder is a glorious beacon of lightMastrXploder is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
I wants ones!!!!!!
joaocunha likes this.
MastrXploder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 12:58 AM   #15
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaocunha View Post
Sorry I didn't make that clear. I used the word "luthier" which means "builder". The guy is named Cleder Peruzzo, you can check out his work here: Peruzzo Custom Guitars . Caxias do Sul
Oh, my bad. For some reason I read that that was your second personal build. Whew! But sweet guitar at any rate!
Hollowway is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 06:32 AM   #16
Vaya Con Cornholio

Pikka Bird is a jewel in the rough
That looks very sexy... I think I'd have gone with a more personal take on the headstock, though. Like Stinnett did. A question, though: The lines on the back- are those veneer strips with light/dark grain transitions, or wonky glue lines? I'm guessing and hoping for the former.
Pikka Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 06:46 AM   #17
ss.org Regular

kowoolo is a jewel in the rough
wow, that fretboard is beautiful. would love to have something like that!
joaocunha likes this.
kowoolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 07:28 AM   #18
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

THAT HEEL! Or the lack thereof rather...
joaocunha and SilenceIsACrime like this.

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 10:43 AM   #19
Indeed.

SilenceIsACrime is a glorious beacon of lightSilenceIsACrime is a glorious beacon of lightSilenceIsACrime is a glorious beacon of light
Normally I am not a fan of gold hardware but holy SHIT do those tuners looks classy!! Awesome looking fiddle, my man.
joaocunha likes this.

"Whether it's Rogaine, your 'stache or magic, this guitar needs a friggin beard now." - BangandBreach

Is it a right to remain ignorant? I don't know, but I refuse to find out!
SilenceIsACrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #20
Djeff

sk3ks1s is a glorious beacon of lightsk3ks1s is a glorious beacon of lightsk3ks1s is a glorious beacon of light
Part of me wants to see that bound in black...

sk3ks1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 01:04 PM   #21
Djent ............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfyouzd View Post

THAT HEEL! Or the lack thereof rather...
Jackson Eerie Dess Soloist inspired, but even deeper

Unread 10-05-2011, 01:29 PM   #22

Ruins is a name known to allRuins is a name known to allRuins is a name known to allRuins is a name known to all
the wood gives me the wood....

looks damn good i love the elegances of this shape
but the headstock though....
it just screams out loud to get broken. i really dont understand what is the big deal why people love the design of the blackmachine headstocks. they are so damn fragile
Ruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 02:25 PM   #23
SS.org Regular

Justin Bailey is a name known to allJustin Bailey is a name known to allJustin Bailey is a name known to allJustin Bailey is a name known to all
Is that true? How many broken Blackmachine headstocks have you seen?

Also, this thing looks great man, congrats!
Bigfan likes this.
Justin Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 05:14 PM   #24
SS.org Regular

Erick Kroenen is a jewel in the rough
i think it wont break as long as the wood and the tension are in balance if you make neck with soft wood or the piece is thin will break otherwise its ok

XEN-HDC8
Erick Kroenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #25
SS.org Regular

LolWotGuitar is a jewel in the rough
I am interested in purchasing this, is it for sale?
If so, give me a price!
Exactly what im looking for.
joaocunha likes this.
LolWotGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote