homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

klinic will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ET Guitars

Anyone have an recent experience with this Australian based company? I was looking around on the web and noticed a few people getting bodies or necks from this company that seemed quite interesting and seemed to be getting a decent rep. I then noticed that they also offer some very interesting custom guitars. Their prices are quite cheap too, almost suspiciously cheap though, especially in comparison to many other custom built guitars.

If you've gotten any work from them what sort of ranking would you give it in comparison to other larger manufacturers? Are they just a good deal for the price, or legitimately great guitars that could compete with a higher end Ibanez, or whatever your brand of choice is.

Here's the link in case anyone is interested in finding out more: Home Page
klinic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-15-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Search this site a bit, there have quite a few threads on them, pretty much all positive.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOfMetal View Post
Search this site a bit, there have quite a few threads on them, pretty much all positive.
I have searched, however almost everything was pretty irrelevant, like threads coming up with just 'Guitars' in them, that sort of thing. :/
Unread 12-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #4
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Greetings from ET Guitars Australia
HELP: Ibanez Bodies
The project continues... ET Guitars RG7 body
How would I buy an ibanez 7 neck?
Custom AANJ Neck Builders?
Where can I get reverse neck for Ibanez 7?
Sims custom shop, anyone had experience with them?
ETGuitars baritone neck order placed!!!

Need info on your Ibby?

New Rules. Read Them.
Unread 12-15-2010, 02:00 PM   #5
SS.org Regular

Something must be seriously wrong with my searching technique. >.< I tried putting the search terms in quotation marks and didn't have any more luck either. Or maybe you invested more time into scanning through more pages. Either way I'd like to thank you for your time and help.
Unread 12-15-2010, 02:02 PM   #6
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

Don't bother searching ANYTHING with "Guitar" just go for "ET".

Need info on your Ibby?

New Rules. Read Them.
Unread 12-15-2010, 03:42 PM   #7
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
They make some really nice DNA reproductions. I think I might get one when the time comes.

Ride the wings of death!

"Seriously... You DO NOT headbang with your knees" Murmel

ittoa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 11:23 PM   #8
SS.org Regular

They seem really good. I'm seriously considering sending in my specs to get a quote. Any idea how the overall build quality compares to something like a high end Ibanez Prestige? Like finish, neck join etc. Although they seem great, I wonder if that's in relation to their price or just their quality even without bringing price into the equation.
Unread 12-15-2010, 11:36 PM   #9
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

While they're pretty cheap by Australian standards (you guys get butt raped on gear), to folks in the US and parts of Europe the prices are pretty solid. Don't let the price give you any preconceived notions. The single ET guitar I've held in my hands, or neck I should say, was very well made with great fretwork. Easily on par with MIJ Ibanez.

Need info on your Ibby?

New Rules. Read Them.
Unread 12-16-2010, 08:17 PM   #10
SS.org Regular

AxeHappy is a glorious beacon of lightAxeHappy is a glorious beacon of lightAxeHappy is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
There is a 18 page Vendor's thread about them on Jemsite.

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f29/et...-59642-18.html

Hope that helps!
AxeHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2010, 08:40 PM   #11
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeHappy View Post
There is a 18 page Vendor's thread about them on Jemsite.

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f29/et...-59642-18.html

Hope that helps!
Thanks a lot, it's really helped with my decision. When looking at 7 strings I was always having to make sacrifices to get close to what I want. So I think I will be inquiring about a custom build from ET Guitars.

Thanks a lot MaxOfMetal and AxeHappy!
Unread 12-17-2010, 06:30 AM   #12
Carvin Fanboy

NickCormier is a name known to allNickCormier is a name known to allNickCormier is a name known to allNickCormier is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Ernie is really great to work with.. I really recommend him.. I would get one or two guitars from him if shipping to Canada for a neckthru wasnt so expensive.. If I was in Austrailia though, im sure thats the only guitars I would buy! he can do almost anything you want, in the ibby realm.

Easily the best luthier ive dealt with, no american luthier can compete with his level of customer service.
NickCormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2010, 06:34 AM   #13
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
I just bought a new Ibby that I'll be sending to Ernie for some work, I've heard nothing but good thins about him, and one of my buddies is having a custom built by him right now. He's a great guy.

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2010, 07:06 AM   #14
SS.org Regular

noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
ernie is a great bloke, he lives about an hour and a half from me and built me a body once, I've visited his workshop before and bumped into him a few times.
If you're after a replacement ibanez body, neck, or a swirl he is your guy
noob_pwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2010, 08:06 AM   #15
ss.org Irregular

Nonservium is a glorious beacon of lightNonservium is a glorious beacon of lightNonservium is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You folks aren't helping my desire to get a replacement neck. Sucks no one of this caliber is in the US. :-(
Nonservium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2010, 08:35 AM   #16
SS.org Regular

My posts seem to be getting lost.... As I had another reply in this thread that has gone missing. But yes, looks like I will be getting a replacement everything from them once I settle on specs. I assume that, seeing as the parts separately seem to have been constructed very well, a full project put together by ET Guitars ought to be of a very high calibre too. Might not be a LACS, but it's as close as I'm getting I think. :P
Unread 12-17-2010, 11:56 AM   #17
Murder Machine

Sepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonservium View Post
You folks aren't helping my desire to get a replacement neck. Sucks no one of this caliber is in the US. :-(
seams like everytime someone pops up in north america willing to do Ibanez stuff ends up being shady or just can't handle it

BEARDS: They Instantly Turn Any Man Into A Badass, It's Like Having Machine Guns On Your Face
Sepultorture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2010, 06:02 PM   #18
Giggity

JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.
I sent them 2 emails about some custom work and didn't get a response...... They've Lost my business
JP Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2010, 07:28 PM   #19
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Caught In a Mosh is getting something done by him, PM him.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote