homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-10-2010, 05:40 PM   #1
The GAS Man

Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 101 reviews
Exciting new Bernie Rico Jr customs

So I've recently been discussing a couple of customs with Bernie Rico Jr. So far, I am nothing but impressed - talking to this guy is as easy as talking to myself, if I knew how to build world-class guitars, haha. I don't know of any other luthier that approaches guitar building with the same amount of passion as Bernie - he's just as excited as I am, if not even MORE excited about the ideas I present to him, and his suggestions are always brilliantly awesome.

The point of this thread is to constantly update it with new pieces of info, specs, pics, etc., and eventually clips and videos. Most of the guys that know me on here think of me as a dirty gear whore. However, I'm finally starting to put together music for what will be a long running project under the name Of Angels, and these two guitars are going to be my main tools for the first recordings.

There'll be more info about that stuff later on. For now, here's a little bit of what we all actually care about:

Guitar #1

7 string Jekyll Slim
27.5" scale
One piece Macasser Ebony neck and fretboard
- the back of the neck where the truss rod is inserted will be covered with either Abalone or Maple - what do you think it should be?
Mahogany body wings
Top wood: either one piece Macasser Ebony, some other similar "tree-like" wood, or figured maple
Hipshot hard tail
Schaller locking tuners
Single coil in the neck, hum in the bridge - BKP's, probably Trilogy and Warpig - white covers
Black hardware
Stainless steel frets
Single volume control, 3-way switch, both far out of the way

Guitar #2

Rico-style Telecaster prototype!!
7 strings
26.1875" scale
Unique, totally badass Slant top Tele shape
Birds eye maple neck and fingerboard
Korina or Ash wings
Flamed maple top with blue, "moon-burst" finish
Bridge, not yet decided on
3 + 4 headstock

The Jekyll is being spec'd out for surgically precise riffing, shred, and heavy as .... rhythms. The Macasser neck, being really hard to get a hold of to begin with, is a first for Bernie so he seems really pumped to work on it. I've seen only one other fully neck-through guitar with such a neck, and I simply can not wait to see how fast it plays.

The specs on the Tele shape are just what I have in mind at the moment, but are definitely subject to change. It'll be the first of Bernie's new body style that he's been working on for a little while, but it ought to be more badass than the average prototype. I want to spec it out to be unsurpassable in terms of its ability to produce complex clean tone beauty, and singing leads.

I'm entirely open to suggestions, so let them fly if you have any. Im just genuinely excited, as these are the first guitars I've ever had made just for me (no, they won't end up in the classifieds ) and I wanted to share them with you guys.

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-10-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
Banned

LLink2411 is just really niceLLink2411 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
26.3875" scale? Wow, you have it down to the ten-thousandth of an inch. I like it, although I have never heard of a 26 31/80" scale length... it should be good though.

Although I would rather prefer a tele shape rather than a SS shape for heavy stuff, but that is just me.
LLink2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
The GAS Man

Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLink2411 View Post
26.3875" scale? Wow, you have it down to the ten-thousandth of an inch. I like it, although I have never heard of a 26 31/80" scale length... it should be good though.

Although I would rather prefer a tele shape rather than a SS shape for heavy stuff, but that is just me.
I fixed it - I meant 26 3/16"

Unread 12-10-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
Banned

LLink2411 is just really niceLLink2411 is just really nice
Do you have any pics the Tele-shape template?
LLink2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2010, 06:03 PM   #5
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #6
The GAS Man

There simply aren't pics yet, but I promise that they'll get posted as soon as I have any.

For now, use your imagination

Unread 12-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #7
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Can't wait to see them

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2010, 06:22 PM   #8
Deftones Guru.

BrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Of Angels View Post
For now, use your imagination
Exactly what I'm doing, Adam. And in my imagination, I am liking them.

Can't wait to see them and if they'll look cooler than in my imagination.

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, Jakke and -42.

I am Poi; The Ipu pounding, Ukulele shredding rapey clown, who ruins childhood dreams of balloon animals!
BrainArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2010, 06:38 PM   #9
Banned

Abiogenesis is a jewel in the rough
Can't wait for Of Angels, too!
Abiogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2010, 07:05 PM   #10
need moar dorrar

DesertBurst is a jewel in the rough
Tele is going to be epic
DesertBurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2010, 07:30 PM   #11
The Juggernaut

teqnick has much to be proud ofteqnick has much to be proud ofteqnick has much to be proud ofteqnick has much to be proud ofteqnick has much to be proud ofteqnick has much to be proud ofteqnick has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 24 reviews

EBMM JPX7
Fractal Audio Axe FX
teqnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2010, 07:38 PM   #12
has wood for you

scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Love the specs on both. Particularly the first one. While I was shoping for wood for my 2nd build I saw some macassar ebony necks, and I wept silently knowing I would not be able to get them shipped here.

Im still in shock by the craftsmanship in his axes after seeing the hesperian slant top.
scherzo1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2010, 09:07 PM   #13
In brightest day...

OrsusMetal is a name known to allOrsusMetal is a name known to allOrsusMetal is a name known to allOrsusMetal is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
.... yeah! Tele!!
OrsusMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2010, 09:16 PM   #14
SS.org Regular

AChRush1349 is a jewel in the rough
These sound AMAZING...Ebony top on jekyll slimline=my fantasy custom. I shall be watching this thread very carefully...

"A man should not strive to eliminate his complexes but to get into accord with them: they are legitimately what directs his conduct in the world. "
AChRush1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2010, 09:44 PM   #15
The GAS Man

Not just an ebony top, but an ebony NECK. That's what's up.

The Tele won't be traditional, but will have that Rico flair, so expect to short your keyboard with drool when the pics go up.

Both of these guitars are being built with a couple of new/unique techniques that I'm helping Bernie flesh out. I fully expect these to be tonally superior to anything I've owned or played

Unread 12-12-2010, 07:15 AM   #16
SS.Org's Irish Guy

777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

GTFO
777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #17
SS.org Regular

Enselmis is a jewel in the rough
Tele prototype?!! You bastard!

I wanted the first Rico tele...

You are a lucky lucky man.
Enselmis is online now   Reply With Quote