homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-03-2010, 01:54 AM   #1
elq
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
New Wood Day

I just bought this lovely piece of Bastogne Walnut. It will eventually become a double cut KxK

elq is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-03-2010, 01:59 AM   #2
Jebus

Goatchrist is just really niceGoatchrist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Beautyfull! Gorgeous! Post picks of the guitar! Natural finish(pretty obvious)!

You must unlearn what you have learned.
Goatchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 02:00 AM   #3
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
DEAR. GOD. MY. OH. WOW.

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 02:16 AM   #4
elq
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.elq is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatchrist View Post
Beautyfull! Gorgeous! Post picks of the guitar! Natural finish(pretty obvious)!
I will be sure to post plenty of pics once the build starts (probably after the first batch the the fanned 7's is done).

Imagine this -

With the walnut top and a rosewood neck. Not sure what kind of fretboard as yet. And yes, a natural finish is the only option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prydogga View Post
DEAR. GOD. MY. OH. WOW.
Yes. Oregon Wild Wood has some really nice walnut. For example, this wild piece -

Unread 12-03-2010, 07:52 AM   #5
SS.org Regular

avenger is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I am droooling looking at the walnut they have... incredible your peice is wild! I am seriously considering selling all but two fo my guitars and getting a custom built.

avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 10:04 AM   #6
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
That is some gorgeous freaking walnut right there

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 10:05 AM   #7
SS Contributor

TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
good lord that is nice wood you got there!
TimSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 10:07 AM   #8
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himself
Wow, that's nice! Good score.
Hollowway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #9
SS.org Regular

Enselmis is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Did you guys read the description of Bostogne Walnut?

Quote:
Bastogne Walnut - Perhaps the rarest Walnut in the world. When English Walnut was brought to Northern California, It occasionally cross pollinated with the Claro walnut. About 1 in 100 successful cross pollinations yielded a rare variation, very different from either English or Claro Walnut. Originally called Paradox Walnut, Bastogne is now the more common name. Only about 50 of these trees exist.
Wow.

I'm not sure if it's good or not to be using something that rare, but god damn that's a fantastic top.
Enselmis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 11:05 AM   #10
long ball larry!

adrock is a glorious beacon of lightadrock is a glorious beacon of lightadrock is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #11
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enselmis View Post
Did you guys read the description of Bostogne Walnut?

Wow.

I'm not sure if it's good or not to be using something that rare, but god damn that's a fantastic top.
Since it's a species created by human intervention that can be recreated I don't see a problem with using the wood

PS - NOT HELPING GAS

and here's a better pic of the DCii-6 that shows the top contours (meant to post this earlier)

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 12-03-2010, 03:13 PM   #12
has wood for you

scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
I think the only way to make a guitar out of such a nice piece of wood is a completely rectangular one.

I would gladly have a piece of that wood just hanging on a wall like it was a painting.
scherzo1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 10:16 PM   #13
Grind Your Mind!

TheWreck is a jewel in the rough
Wow! that piece of wood looks really nice! Thanks for the supplier link, you should post it the online wood supplier thread!

Cheers!
TheWreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2010, 05:12 PM   #14
elq
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

It arrived at Rob's shop today.

Unread 12-09-2010, 06:14 PM   #15
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Another of Rob's trademark stunning pics (they're actually a running joke between the two of us)

That should be sweet

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 12-09-2010, 06:47 PM   #16
elq
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer View Post
Another of Rob's trademark stunning pics (they're actually a running joke between the two of us)

That should be sweet
heh. It should look a lot better once it's under a nice finish and shaped like a backwards guitar
Unread 12-09-2010, 07:10 PM   #17
has wood for you

scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Gah, im dying to get mine delivered. I should have been studying this entire week, but all I could do was stare at a pic of the set I ordered. Oh the horrors of waiting for stuff!!
Unread 12-09-2010, 07:23 PM   #18
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by elq View Post
heh. It should look a lot better once it's under a nice finish and shaped like a backwards guitar
I agree, that thing is going to be hot. What are the full specs of that one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scherzo1928 View Post
Gah, im dying to get mine delivered. I should have been studying this entire week, but all I could do was stare at a pic of the set I ordered. Oh the horrors of waiting for stuff!!
Which set did you order? I've been controlling myself recently

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 12-09-2010, 07:38 PM   #19
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 135 reviews
Damn that's some great wood - can't wait to see it in a guitar
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2010, 07:58 PM   #20
has wood for you

Is it one of the 1" thick sets? If so that's even more awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer View Post
Which set did you order? I've been controlling myself recently
Second build...

Ordered everything I'll need a couple of days ago. The dude that's bringing the stuff to me should be here the 22nd, but I got no clue as to when I'll have them in my hands.... so yeah, the horrors of waiting.