homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
Decibel Guitars

darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
New Custom Control Cavity Cover! (NC4D?)

My custom control cavity cover arrived yesterday from Dave at Frets On The Net. Once again, he comes through with stellar work. I'll be using him for all of my control cavity covers from now on.

Behold, the brushed anodized black aluminum goodness:

It's attached with M3 x 6 mm stainless steel flat head cap screws, set into threaded anchors in the body.

This one is surface mounted with a slight bevel on the top side just because of the way i cut the cavity and where the jack meets it, but subsequent ones will be recessed and flush with the surface, and beveled slightly on the back side to take into account any finish thickness in the edge of the recess.

Dave was a pleasure to work with and offered up some great suggestions along the way.
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-22-2010, 04:33 AM   #2
ss.org Regular

thesimo is just really nicethesimo is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
looks sweet I always thought pickups should be mounted with threaded anchors in the body too..

BTW, that guitar shape is crazy, every time i see it in your avatar i have to stop and look
thesimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 11:39 PM   #3
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Nice choice! That material is super cool.
Hollowway is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #4
ss.org Regular

upyardrat is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where do you get the M3 x 6 mm stainless steel flat head cap screws from? Great idea...working on my own build.
upyardrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 01:57 AM   #5
Banned

bob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'll be "that guy" here... to be blunt, in the PICTURES it looks like plastic. Im sure it looks way better in person though, but I think a wooden cover would look even cooler. Thats merely my 2 cents, no hate/disrespect intended!!! I can see it in my head though, and thats very cool!
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote