homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Live Performance & Stage Sound
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Live Performance & Stage Sound Discussion for playing out and all things stage related.. Promote your band here as well.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-26-2008, 08:22 AM   #1
Woopah!

Leec is shredding to new heights.Leec is shredding to new heights.Leec is shredding to new heights.Leec is shredding to new heights.Leec is shredding to new heights.Leec is shredding to new heights.Leec is shredding to new heights.Leec is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Paul Gilbert - I opened for him and...

Well, I'm not going to detail everything here, and having thought about what to write after what was supposed to be the biggest honour in my playing life, I've boiled this down to this:

Paul Gilbert behaved, and treated my band and everyone else, like shit and acted like a total diva/primadonna, making ridiculous demands and even said things to the effect of "do you know who I am?" and referred to himself in the third person to soundmen and event organisers.

He can go .... himself.

youtube.com/ibanezcassidy - My YouTube channel. Guitar vidz.

www.soundclick.com/leecassidy - Let me squirt my music into your ears.

"You might as well be suckin' Wes Borland's no-talent dick if you play with any more than six strings on your ....ing guitar." - A Blabbermouth genius.
Leec is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-26-2008, 08:51 AM   #2
dotlike

loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
wow, he always seemed like a really nice guy in his vids and live performances
loktide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2008, 08:51 AM   #3
Sir Paul of the Mosh

drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
holy shit. I can't ever imagine him being like that at all.
I met him once and he was nice as can be. oh well.
not saying you are a liar of course.

I would like to hear from people who did the VIP thing with lesson too, wonder what he was like then
drmosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2008, 08:54 AM   #4
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Perhaps you should've used his teeth as a drumset, and your fists as the ....ing sticks.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLC©
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2008, 09:00 AM   #5
Talk To DeWalt

jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
maybe he had a bad day.
jymellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2008, 09:01 AM   #6
Sir Paul of the Mosh

drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by jymellis View Post
maybe he had a bad day.
considering the tour schedule, he was very probably worn the .... out. not that that's an excuse really
Unread 11-26-2008, 09:13 AM   #7
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
such things sadly happen from time to time, i have never met paul gilbert, but similar experiences with other musicians/bands already - you may read:
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/liv...re-idiots.html
petereanima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2008, 09:21 AM   #8
Talk To DeWalt

jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmosh View Post
considering the tour schedule, he was very probably worn the .... out. not that that's an excuse really
thats the only excuse. maybe the guy was tired, worn out, had a bad day. are you happy everyday you go to work? im not! i treat people kinda bad at work when i am having or had a bad day. just because the guy id famous doesnt mean he will be a ray of sunshine all the time cuz fans are around or coworkers.
Unread 11-26-2008, 09:23 AM   #9
Sir Paul of the Mosh

not really an excuse to make crazy demands and speak about yourself in third person, you know, the whole diva thing.
If he is in a pissy mood that is entirely different but it sounds like it was more than that
Unread 11-26-2008, 09:29 AM   #10
Woopah!

Leec is shredding to new heights.Leec is shredding to new heights.Leec is shredding to new heights.Leec is shredding to new heights.Leec is shredding to new heights.Leec is shredding to new heights.Leec is shredding to new heights.Leec is shredding to new heights.
How he behaved goes way beyond a bad day of work, dude. He acted like a spoilt child, doing petty things just to make life difficult.

"You might as well be suckin' Wes Borland's no-talent dick if you play with any more than six strings on your ....ing guitar." - A Blabbermouth genius.
Unread 11-26-2008, 09:37 AM   #11
Talk To DeWalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leec View Post
How he behaved goes way beyond a bad day of work, dude. He acted like a spoilt child, doing petty things just to make life difficult.
well dude think of it this way (no im not condoning the way he acted). he is paul gilbert. he has been a globally known guitarist and has been for decades. he is spoilt. he has been getting his way for along time. so he prolly is used to getting the red carpet treatment. add that to a hectic schedule and your prolly gonna get a moody asshat lol.
Unread 11-26-2008, 09:51 AM   #12
F'king ............

distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Holy shit, that's unexpected!

Really sorry to hear that man.

Did your set at least go well?

Define 'well-adjusted'...

http://farsideguitars.blogspot.com/
distressed_romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2008, 10:00 AM   #13
Woopah!

Surprisingly, it went pretty well. I think because of all the concessions we had to make and the negativity we all had prior to going onstage, we just resolved to make the best of a bad situation. We managed turn the negativity into fuel for a good performance.
We also had a very good turn out and felt some love from the audience.

Unread 11-26-2008, 10:03 AM   #14
Talk To DeWalt

Quote:
Surprisingly, it went pretty well. I think because of all the concessions we had to make and the negativity we all had prior to going onstage, we just resolved to make the best of a bad situation. We managed turn the negativity into fuel for a good performance.
now that is what really matters
Unread 11-26-2008, 10:37 AM   #15
XL Whore

Neil is just really niceNeil is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
wow I've always heard of PG being a really nice guy

I emailed him on his site once and he replied straight away, it was really strange for such a big guy to do.

Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2008, 10:44 AM   #16
Hairy Old Bloke

hairychris is a name known to allhairychris is a name known to allhairychris is a name known to allhairychris is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
That's cool.

Very sad to hear that PG was, erm, a dick...

GADZOOKS AND ODDS BODKINS!!!!!
Not a hipster: Blackmachine, Jaden Rose, Paul Reed Smith, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson, Gibson, Boss, Diezel, Marshall, Framus, VHT, Ampeg, Electro Harmonix, Korg, Alesis, MFB, Doepfer, Moog, Arturia.
hairychris is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2008, 10:44 AM   #17
ペヤングマン

Zak1233 is a name known to allZak1233 is a name known to allZak1233 is a name known to allZak1233 is a name known to all
well when i met paul on the 19th at the glasgow gig he was such a nice guy!
it probobly was due to him being worn out which has aready been said
Zak1233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2008, 11:51 AM   #18
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
sad to hear that
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2008, 01:16 PM   #19
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak1233 View Post
well when i met paul on the 19th at the glasgow gig he was such a nice guy!
it probobly was due to him being worn out which has aready been said
Yeah that sounds similar to everyone else I've heard from who has met him before too!

Although it doesn't excuse the way he acted that day, it was probably just an off day. Sorry to hear your experience with him was less-than-stellar but all other accounts I've heard about meeting Paul or hanging out with him have been really positive. He IS a huge name in the guitar industry so I'm sure he might have a little ego, but with what he has accomplished and his technique () I would have cut him a little slack. Again, not excusing him but it was probably just a really bad day.

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, Schecter
Rigs: Invader 100, Port City and Mojo cabs w/ Scumback M75's/Hellatone 60's

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2008, 01:19 PM   #20
Banned

Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.Elysian is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
one thing that i've heard about paul is that he's pretty upset that he's such a badass guitar player and yet has almost no following, unlike vai or satch... i've emailed the guy before, and he was cool as all hell, was awesome to get a personal response from him.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2008, 02:10 PM   #21
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
That's it... we need more details.

Argbadh - RHLC©
Unread 11-26-2008, 02:12 PM   #22
ss.org Regular

ILd–∆Mcļ≥ is a jewel in the rough
Well that is very disappointing to hear .
ILd–∆Mcļ≥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2008, 02:17 PM   #23
SS Contributor

TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.
never meet your Heros
TimSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2008, 02:23 PM   #24
Classy
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSE View Post
never meet your Heros
FWIW, Muhammed SuiÁmez was really humble, helpful, and friendly when I met him.

Argbadh - RHLC©
Unread 11-26-2008, 02:31 PM   #25
SS Contributor

TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
FWIW, Muhammed SuiÁmez was really humble, helpful, and friendly when I met him.
Likewise actaully. they were all really cool guys. But then not EVERYONES heros are going to be dicks but i imagne 9/10 they wont be what a person was expecting so ends up being a disapointment
TimSE is offline   Reply With Quote