homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Live Performance & Stage Sound
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Live Performance & Stage Sound Discussion for playing out and all things stage related.. Promote your band here as well.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-14-2012, 04:44 AM   #1
SS.org Regular

StratoJazz is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pedalboards

I'm looking into acquiring a sturdy and reliable pedalboard that:
-Is around $50-$100
-Has enough space to accommodate 10-14 pedals
-DURABLE
-Built Like a tank
-Light (10-20 pounds without pedals)

So far I've checked the craigslist listings in my area and have only found the Gator Pedalboard Pro. Does anyone think this is a great board to gig and rehearse with?

I've looked into pedaltrain, but it looks like if i go that route i'll end up buying it new and spending around $110-$170 for one. I'd like to avoid that, so if anyone has any suggestions or knows of anything good let me know.

Feel free to check out some of my Rock/Jazz Music In the link below. If you want to check that out, here is my soundcloud account:

http://soundcloud.com/tom-coovert
StratoJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-14-2012, 05:32 AM   #2
Sweaty fox.

samincolour will become famous soon enough
Check EVERYWHERE for DJ's that are selling cases that had their laptops in. Luckily my dad is a DJ and had one he was throwing out, I've had it a year and it's the only pedalboard case I've ever had that hasn't fallen apart on tour!

I ripped out the insides of it (the foam/case dividers etc) and built a wooden frame inside it to hold my pedals, works great.

I'm convinced that a lot of DJ cases secretly want to be pedalboard cases, a lot of them are just the right size, have a look!
samincolour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2012, 07:39 AM   #3
Cherokee Warrior

TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Here's where I got mine, have had it for about 4 years now, takes a pretty decent beating so my pedals don't have to.

Pedal Cases | Page 1 of 1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=268162
Seven Strings to rule them all, Seven Strings to find them, Seven Strings to bring them all and in the music bind them.
TonyFlyingSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #4
\m/^_^\m/

AliceLG is just really niceAliceLG is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have the Gator Powered PRO with 11 pedals on it, including a Wah, a Volume and a EHX Memory Boy.

Pros:

- It's well below 20lbs without pedals
- It can take a beating
- It could fit up to 16 (maybe even 20) MXR-sized pedals should you require that

Cons:

- Velcro stripes don't stick to all surfaces. No problem with slightly-rugged metal cases like MXR, EHX, Dunlop etc. Not very good with smooth shiny metal cases like Boss and Fulltone. Plastic cases pretty much suck (e.g. Boss FS-5 switch).
- The more you use a pedal the more velcro you should attach to its back, otherwise it'll start drifting.
- Dirt magnet, pain in the ass to clean. I have to remove all pedals and vacuum it.

If you get the powered version, it comes with one supply and I would highly recommend getting the second one. I'm powering 8 pedals with 2 supplies even when they are both supposedly rated to handle 8 pedals each.

TL;DR -- It has its downside, but it solves the problem.

Metal is the air I breathe

For poorly recorded melo/black/power/thrash metal click here

AliceLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 12:28 AM   #5
STRAYA

Luke Acacia will become famous soon enough
Man just jump on ebay. I am using 2 from there and they cost next to nothing, brand new and really good quality. Only took about 2 weeks to arrive.
Luke Acacia is offline   Reply With Quote