homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Live Performance & Stage Sound
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Live Performance & Stage Sound Discussion for playing out and all things stage related.. Promote your band here as well.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
Actually a dog

Flemmigan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Instrumental prog-metal/post-rock supporting Colorado fire relief

Hey everyone,

Been meaning to post on here for a while with some stuff my band and I have been working on. Just got started on a lot of the recording and production and still learning the ropes. I'm posting now because we put out an album yesterday to raise funds for the relief situation for the wildfires in our home state of Colorado. (If you haven't heard much about the situation, this is a good summary so far.) A lot of our friends have been displaced by the fire, and many families who have lost their homes are living in Red Cross-coordinated shelter. We really want to do what we can to help the cause, so we put out this album.

Actium/Colorado Sky - High Park Fire Benefit Split on Bandcamp

The album is $3 for 12 songs, 100% of which will go to the Red Cross for relief efforts for the fire. The first 5 are by my band, Actium. I'd describe us as a blend of prog metal, tech metal, and post-rock. Perhaps post-metal. If you like Cyclamen, Animals as Leaders, BTBAM, The Contortionist, Cynic, etc., any of those sorts of bands, I think you will enjoy it. The second half are solely guitar compositions from my other project Colorado Sky. Those ones aren't super polished but compositionally I think they're pretty good (IMHO).

So anyway, I would really appreciate if y'all would take a look at this. We've worked really hard on this album over the past few weeks and really pushed ourselves to get a finished work out in the last few days.

This cause is extremely important to us and I felt that some fellow musicians could help out. The production definitely still needs work (we really rushed to finish the songs to get this out ASAP, though the composition per se was not sacrificed), so if you have any critiques that you can offer, I'd really appreciate that.

Thanks so much for any help, guys. We really appreciate it.

Actium
Flemmigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #2
Actually a dog

Flemmigan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey everyone, thanks for all the views on this topic. If you're taking time to listen to any of our music I really appreciate it! If you have any critiques about any of our songs let me know. We're still going hard on our fundraiser and trying to raise as much as humanly possible. As of now the High Park Fire is the most destructive fire in Colorado history and several of our friends have lost their homes. It's really heart-breaking and we want to do everything we can to help in this way.

We're continuing to work on new material which we'll start recording soon for another album later this summer to be distributed in the same way. I'm doing all the production on our stuff and really looking to step up our game on recording techniques, tone, EQ, mixing, etc... pretty much anything involved in the process. So any words of advice you can provide are truly appreciated.

If you'd like to take a look at just one of our songs, "Bloodshed" might be a good place to start.
Bloodshed | Actium
If you have a minute or 5, take a listen. If you like what you hear, consider buying the album. If you have critiques, drop 'em here.

P.S. Let me know if I can take a look at and drop a line on any of your songs, projects, etc. I'm really blown away by the amount of talent on these forums and would love to get more involved in this community!
Flemmigan is offline   Reply With Quote