homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Live Performance & Stage Sound
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Live Performance & Stage Sound Discussion for playing out and all things stage related.. Promote your band here as well.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By black_anther

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-07-2012, 05:39 AM   #1
ss.org Regular

black_anther will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My band are playing The Unicorn, Camden

Hi guys,

Mine and TimSE's band Tempus Fusion have got a show tomorrow evening at The Unicorn, Camden. If anybody is in the area you should definitely come down for a show of seven string prog action. It's also a free, yes FREE gig. We're on stage about 8.10pm, headliners are Triaxis and Elimination.

Here's the facebook event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/335084983198336/

Hope to see you there!
Varcolac likes this.
black_anther is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-07-2012, 06:07 AM   #2
Frets? What frets?

Varcolac has much to be proud ofVarcolac has much to be proud ofVarcolac has much to be proud ofVarcolac has much to be proud ofVarcolac has much to be proud ofVarcolac has much to be proud of
Can't make it, but I'm definitely a fan of the Unicorn. Played there a couple of times with Carpathia, and enjoyed it every time. After having a bit of a listen on your Facebook, I'm also a fan of your music. Keep it up, do more London shows and I'll try to make it down!

SchecterWhore: "Development, phase four. Beethoven
takes you for a ride through space in his Pontiac Trans Am."
Varcolac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 04:22 AM   #3
ss.org Regular

black_anther will become famous soon enough
Cheers man, we definitely want to do more London shows, where would you recommend playing? I've been told one of the best places is the Purple Turtle.

Also checked out your band Carpathia which I really dig, so likewise let me know when you guys are gigging. I've fan'd you on FB too so will get your updates etc
black_anther is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #4
Frets? What frets?

Varcolac has much to be proud ofVarcolac has much to be proud ofVarcolac has much to be proud ofVarcolac has much to be proud ofVarcolac has much to be proud ofVarcolac has much to be proud of
We've had some mixed experience with the Turtle: the sound guy they had on when we played there last year was beyond awful; the levels were all over the place. As a punter it's a pretty good venue though, seen some quality shows there.

We've done shows at the Miller in London Bridge, those are fairly hit and miss. You can practically scream "WE ARE PROG" at them in polyrhythmic four-part harmonies, and they'll stlill put you on with grindcore and dubstep. When it works it works, but when it doesn't... oh boy.

The Peel in Kingston (south London) does a fair few prog shows, might wanna give 'em a look. I don't really book gigs (drummer does all that business), so I've not really got any other suggestions!

SchecterWhore: "Development, phase four. Beethoven
takes you for a ride through space in his Pontiac Trans Am."
Varcolac is offline   Reply With Quote