homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Live Performance & Stage Sound
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Live Performance & Stage Sound Discussion for playing out and all things stage related.. Promote your band here as well.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By KingAenarion
  • 1 Post By M3CHK1LLA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-25-2011, 10:55 PM   #1
Melodic Mamma Jamma

JStraitiff is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where do you put YOUR foot?

I personally like to have risers or something to throw my foot up on. We dont use floor monitors so thats not an option.

Where do you put your foot?
JStraitiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-25-2011, 11:44 PM   #2
Resident Studio Nerd

KingAenarion is a glorious beacon of lightKingAenarion is a glorious beacon of lightKingAenarion is a glorious beacon of light
On the floor

My band - Ex Curia - Prog metal in an Opeth meets Machine Head kind of way
KingAenarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 12:15 AM   #3
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I use a foot stool too.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 12:28 AM   #4
SSBRO.org regular

CYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
1 of the 5 drum stools that float around our rehearsal room.

Make a rule where, who ever messes up gets punched in the face.

That is how I run my solo project. - Floppystrings

O GREAT now your gonna tell me theres no Great Shred Doughnut,who delivers strings and picks to all the good shredders on yngwies birthday... - mr_rainmaker

Search this site by going to Google and adding site:sevenstring.org after your search word!
CYBERSYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 12:33 AM   #5
angel sword guardian

M3CHK1LLA is a name known to allM3CHK1LLA is a name known to allM3CHK1LLA is a name known to allM3CHK1LLA is a name known to all
i dont have feet...

...i lost them many years ago in a bizarre gardening accident. thx for reminding me...
Soubi7string likes this.

from texas or live here? check in ---> http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/off...ers-check.html

I always thought Cliff getting killed instead of Lars was like John Lennon getting killed instead of Yoko - MJS
M3CHK1LLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 12:53 AM   #6
Melodic Mamma Jamma

Why were you gardening in a bazaar? Oh you mean bizarre :p
Unread 10-26-2011, 01:11 AM   #7
angel sword guardian

M3CHK1LLA is a name known to allM3CHK1LLA is a name known to allM3CHK1LLA is a name known to allM3CHK1LLA is a name known to all
^ what r u talking about?

i dont remember what happened but the police said it was better left unsolved...

from texas or live here? check in ---> http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/off...ers-check.html

I always thought Cliff getting killed instead of Lars was like John Lennon getting killed instead of Yoko - MJS
Unread 10-26-2011, 11:42 PM   #8
angel sword guardian

all jesting aside....i dont think i can play anymore unless im sitting on a stool.

when i stand i gotta put my right foot on something...

Unread 10-27-2011, 03:00 AM   #9
SS.org Regular

broj15 is just really nicebroj15 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
my old band mates dad made us boxes with our band logo spray painted on the side. we just used those
broj15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 03:57 AM   #10
Pretty Your Petunia

brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
when the human abstract played on the frak of the gods tour here in idaho they delayed the set a minute or so to grab AJ a stool to rest his foot on while he played most of the the nocturne medley hahaha

Check out my band

Facebook.come/forsythiaofficial

My youtube
youtube.com/therealgtarbeast666

I don't think that we ever thought of it as the equivalent of music, as the end-goal was to buy more in-game slut clothes-- schecterwhore on rock band

Im a super chill mellow ambient slut. --7 STRINGS OF HATE
brutalwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 03:58 AM   #11
SS.org Regular

endo is a jewel in the rough
I wear my guitar at a proper height, while standing, so I don't have to prop my foot up. Sitting down, if nothing is available, my little thing I do, without thinking about it, is to turn my left foot on it's side and my right foot on top of it, ha ha ha.
endo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 09:33 PM   #12
Melodic Mamma Jamma

Quote:
Originally Posted by broj15 View Post
my old band mates dad made us boxes with our band logo spray painted on the side. we just used those
Thats a fantastic idea. Im going to make a couple of those very soon. Ill see if i can work out a way to make them fold up and support the weight of a person and then post about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endo View Post
I wear my guitar at a proper height, while standing, so I don't have to prop my foot up. Sitting down, if nothing is available, my little thing I do, without thinking about it, is to turn my left foot on it's side and my right foot on top of it, ha ha ha.
haha. I just want to look cool i do something similar when standing i have a habit of standing with my leg propped against my other leg just to give me some stability when i need to move around the neck.
Unread 10-29-2011, 02:58 AM   #13
angel sword guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by broj15 View Post
yes, do this and make them look like floor monitors...

...then they will match the fake marshall stacks ppl use on stage

Unread 10-30-2011, 12:22 AM   #14
Banned

ibanezRG1527 can only hope to improve
when im standing, foot goes wherever it goes. i can adjust my headbanging and stage appeal to whatever my foot status is

when im SITTING however

ibanezRG1527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 02:46 AM   #15
SS.org Regular

WishIwasfinnish is just really niceWishIwasfinnish is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I put my guitar pretty high up on my body so I dont really need to rest my foot on anything, but sometimes I hire a prostitute to form a human table for the entire show. There's no sex involved but prostitutes generally make good footstools.
WishIwasfinnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 06:12 PM   #16
Melodic Mamma Jamma

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3CHK1LLA View Post
yes, do this and make them look like floor monitors...

...then they will match the fake marshall stacks ppl use on stage
haha. Funny but thats also an awesome idea. I want something to jump onto too though so a monitor doesnt work. Maybe make them look like 2x12 cabs :p People will think they're part of the system.

John petrucci does something cool where he put those drum throne/sybian masturbator thumpers in his footrests so that he can feel his guitar while hes playing. At some point i might do something similar with my custom risers
Unread 10-31-2011, 12:27 PM   #17
SS.org Regular

myampslouder is a glorious beacon of lightmyampslouder is a glorious beacon of lightmyampslouder is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
We always had monitors most of the time live so I put my left foot up on the monitor. One venue I used to play at a lot had large subwoofers in front of the stage that were taller than the front of the stage so we all jumped up on and off of the subs. Made for a great stage show. I almost fell off of one into the crowd on night.

At home I sit in an office chair. I need to get some kind of foot rest though so I can play my RR7 more
myampslouder is offline   Reply With Quote