homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food Exercise plans, recipes & general healthy living discussion here.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-11-2008, 07:29 PM   #51
mermaidunicornnymph

Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grom View Post
This thread absolutely shreds, dudes. I'm amazed by some sentences some of you have used, they're really idiomatic and make perfect sense (and you may know that syntax in French is utterly difficult to understand, let alone to use).

I would rep everyone of you if I could !

@Nerina : "Casses-toi" is something you have to cherish ; I use it 20 times a day here I added you to my list !
Oui, c'est de la mort qui tue J'aime l'expression, 'casses-toi'

"Dahling, you are made of Win!"-ZeroSignal

"Wonderfull, I just misspelled 2 different languages in the same sentnce, that has to be a record."-Desecrated

"...then a giraffe hid behind the cabbage and the car fermented itself into a polar bear and now I don't know where my keys are."-Desecrated

"True my son, follow the teachings of the white goat and the holy land will come to you."-Desecrated
Nerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-11-2008, 07:31 PM   #52
New found sanity

Grom is a glorious beacon of lightGrom is a glorious beacon of lightGrom is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerina View Post
Oui, c'est de la mort qui tue J'aime l'expression, 'casses-toi'
HAHA great ! Where did you learn this one ?

"Be smart and I'll .... you over - sayeth the Lord". Frank Zappa
Grom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2008, 07:34 PM   #53
mermaidunicornnymph

Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.Nerina is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
HAHA great ! Where did you learn this one ?

C'est un secret

"Wonderfull, I just misspelled 2 different languages in the same sentnce, that has to be a record."-Desecrated

"...then a giraffe hid behind the cabbage and the car fermented itself into a polar bear and now I don't know where my keys are."-Desecrated

"True my son, follow the teachings of the white goat and the holy land will come to you."-Desecrated
Unread 01-11-2008, 07:35 PM   #54
New found sanity

Grom is a glorious beacon of lightGrom is a glorious beacon of lightGrom is a glorious beacon of light
Garde-le pour toi, alors (it really feels weird to read French here, I'm so used to make use of my English-speaking brains while being here ...)

Unread 01-11-2008, 07:47 PM   #55
mermaidunicornnymph

Quote:
Garde-le pour toi, alors (it really feels weird to read French here, I'm so used to make use of my English-speaking brains while being here ...)
le puits alors, ceci sera bonne pratique pour vous

Unread 01-11-2008, 07:50 PM   #56
New found sanity

Le puits ?

Unread 01-11-2008, 08:40 PM   #57
President / RHLC ©

playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
"Et puis alors?"

Quote:
J'aime l'expression, 'casses-toi'
C'est bon. Maintenant, essaie "Tasse-toé".

Become one of us or die, ....ers. / Rick

RIP Garcia3441
playstopause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2008, 08:45 PM   #58
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Remerciez le fil

[action=Jason]Je ne parle pas français ce qui tellement jamais j'emploie des poissons de Babel pour traduire toute la ceci.[/action]

"I wish TV had a knob so you could turn up the intelligence. The one marked Brightness doesn't work."

Gallagher
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2008, 08:48 PM   #59
New found sanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by playstopause View Post
"Et puis alors?"

C'est bon. Maintenant, essaie "Tasse-toé".
I knew we would come to it at some point. Tabernac' de tarte au pommes ! I met 2 girls from Quebec last year and I had a really good time talking to them about the different ways you may say things (well, at least compared to the "canonic" way of speaking French).

You gotta love the flavour of the different ways a language followed in different places across the world (since 1534 concerning the Canadian community).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Remerciez le fil

[action=Jason]Je ne parle pas français ce qui tellement jamais j'emploie des poissons de Babel pour traduire toute la ceci.[/action]
This is so meaningless it hurts.

Last edited by Grom; 01-11-2008 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Unread 01-11-2008, 09:03 PM   #60
mermaidunicornnymph

Quote:
"Et puis alors?"
It was supposed to mean, well, then it will be good practice for you
I am only learning u know lol

Unread 01-11-2008, 09:05 PM   #61
Hard-On For Freedom™

JBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you need to use Babelfish to find out how to say you need to use Babelfish, the machines have won. And, yet again, it's France's fault.

Jeff
JBroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2008, 09:06 PM   #62
President / RHLC ©

playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Quote:
Remerciez le fil

C'est bon, Jason.

Quote:

You gotta love the flavour of the different ways a language followed in different places across the world (since 1534 concerning the Canadian community).

RIP Garcia3441
Unread 01-11-2008, 09:09 PM   #63
New found sanity

Quote:
It was supposed to mean, well, then it will be good practice for you
I am only learning u know lol
It's ok, this is the whole point of this thread !

@JBRoll : well, if you listen to your President, everything's our fault. We begin to get used to that.

Unread 01-11-2008, 09:14 PM   #64
mermaidunicornnymph

Quote:
@JBRoll : well, if you listen to your President, everything's our fault. We begin to get used to that.

Merci Grom , that is the point of this thread, that us that wish to be good at french can be better, and the lucky bastards who are good at it can laugh at us and help us
Laughter makes learning so much easier, and fun

Quote:
Remerciez le fil

qu'essayez-vous de dire, 'remerciez le fil'? Je ne comprends pas....

Last edited by Nerina; 01-11-2008 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Unread 01-11-2008, 10:03 PM   #65
New found sanity

Learning while having fun is the best way to learn effectively And having fun seems to be the way to go on SS !

Concernant le post de Jason, cela ne veut absolument rien dire, ne t"inquiète pas ! Babelfish all way through !

(we tend to use the "tu" ("tu vas bien ?") and not the formal "vous" ("vous allez bien ?") while speaking on a forum, this is more casual and friendly this way , so you can say "qu'essaies-tu de dire", Nerina !)

Unread 01-11-2008, 10:12 PM   #66
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I took French in like 7th grade.. I don't remember shit.. I also hardly ever went

"I wish TV had a knob so you could turn up the intelligence. The one marked Brightness doesn't work."

Gallagher
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2008, 10:14 PM   #67
Hard-On For Freedom™

JBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grom
(we tend to use the "tu" ("tu vas bien ?") and not the formal "vous" ("vous allez bien ?") while speaking on a forum, this is more casual and friendly this way , so you can say "qu'essaies-tu de dire", Nerina !)
Yeah, in English the only way we make distinctions between formal and informal is by using less profanity and more large words whose meanings we're not entirely clear on.

Jeff
JBroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2008, 06:41 AM   #68
New found sanity

When i was teaching French in Scotland, the only way to know if the pupils switched to the "vous" mode was when they stopped saying "you suck, by the way" at the end of their sentences

Unread 01-12-2008, 08:11 AM   #69
President / RHLC ©

Comme Grom l'a dit, le français est un language très difficile à apprendre. Écrire surtout.

RIP Garcia3441
Unread 01-12-2008, 08:17 AM   #70
New found sanity

Quote:
Comme Grom l'a dit, le français est un language très difficile à apprendre. Écrire surtout.
Beaucoup d'entre nous font beaucoup de fautes d'orthographe ou de grammaire, d'ailleurs ... Et peu d'entre nous savent vraiment se servir du subjonctif ou de verbes irréguliers ... Ce qui prouve que c'est une langue difficile à maîtriser !

Unread 01-12-2008, 08:41 AM   #71
Wannabe Shredder

Hawksmoor is a glorious beacon of lightHawksmoor is a glorious beacon of lightHawksmoor is a glorious beacon of light
Bwof, ça dépend... Comme je suis Belge, le français est ma seconde langue maternelle et j'arrive a la maitriser assez bien.

Trust your ears.

In life and music, what is is but that doesn't always mean it's what it should. Change, is in our hands.

My band: http://www.corpusweb.eu/
Hawksmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2008, 08:53 AM   #72
New found sanity

Oh ! Un Belge ! Je n'habite pas très loin de la frontière franco-belge, donc je connais forcément très bien ce pays. Vivent la bière, les fricandelles et les frites bien grasses !

Unread 01-12-2008, 09:26 AM   #73
XEN
(formerly urklvt)

XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Merci pour le compliment, Grom! Ça fait déjà 20 ans depuis que j'habite en France et de plus en plus on dirait un touriste Amerloque quand j'essaye de converser avec mes voisins Français...

Maintenant je suis en Allemagne, et il y a une chose en Allemand que je dis super bien: Sprechen Sie Englisch?? Nö? Ach schade...
XEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2008, 09:32 AM   #74
New found sanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by urklvt View Post
Merci pour le compliment, Grom! Ça fait déjà 20 ans depuis que j'habite en France et de plus en plus on dirait un touriste Amerloque quand j'essaye de converser avec mes voisins Français...

Maintenant je suis en Allemagne, et il y a une chose en Allemand que je dis super bien: Sprechen Sie Englisch?? Nö? Ach schade...
Cela explique donc pourquoi tu sembles si à l'aise en parlant Français Tu habitais où en France ?

Je suis aussi très fan de cette phrase en Allemand J'ai étudié la langue de Goethe pendant 5 ans, mais je ne me rappelle plus de rien, pratiquement ... Manque de pratique, sans doute

(please sticky this thread, mods ... )

Unread 01-12-2008, 10:55 AM   #75
NullPointerException

g3rmanium is shredding to new heights.g3rmanium is shredding to new heights.g3rmanium is shredding to new heights.g3rmanium is shredding to new heights.g3rmanium is shredding to new heights.g3rmanium is shredding to new heights.g3rmanium is shredding to new heights.
Quote:

Ça ne veux absolument rien dire!
Ça viens d'un humoriste québécois.
C'est d'accord pour moi. Alors vas-y!

I blog about guitar effects and write webapps: Audio Converter, Youtube to MP4 and http://exchanger.at/es/.
WE STILL HAVE , ²!
g3rmanium is offline   Reply With Quote