homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food Exercise plans, recipes & general healthy living discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-19-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
:O

Cabinet is a splendid one to beholdCabinet is a splendid one to beholdCabinet is a splendid one to beholdCabinet is a splendid one to beholdCabinet is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bent back problem, exercise recommendations?

So I've been going to the gym more and more and loving it
Had no idea that pushing my body to it's physical limits could make me feel so alive.
Now I have a back that is bent vertically. The largest curve point is near the upper back a little lower than the shoulder blades

Behold my glorious naked body!

When I straighten up against a wall there is a space between my lower back and the wall itself, and if I stand up as straight as possible against it I can feel pressure in the middle of my back. Aside from my usual routine, does anyone have any specific exercises that might help get it straightened out?
Cabinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
So you're saying you want to take the normal curve of the spine...

...and eliminate it?

I suggest you talk to a doctor, as you'll eventually need one if you manage to do that.

For the record, the only people I've heard talking about how the spine is supposed to be perfectly straight, and saying they can help treat the normal curves and eliminate them, are chiropractors looking for ongoing clients. Avoid them.

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about."

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Explorer is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #3

Cabinet is a splendid one to beholdCabinet is a splendid one to beholdCabinet is a splendid one to beholdCabinet is a splendid one to beholdCabinet is a splendid one to behold
I never saw this curve as normal? I've never seen anyone with a spine shape like mine.
Unread 05-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
SS.org Regular

Uncreative123 has much to be proud ofUncreative123 has much to be proud ofUncreative123 has much to be proud ofUncreative123 has much to be proud ofUncreative123 has much to be proud ofUncreative123 has much to be proud ofUncreative123 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
You might have slight hyper-lordosis/kyphosis/anterior tilt but it really doesn't look that bad, as already stated. Go through these links, they will help you immensely. They are exactly what you are looking for to solve your problem:

The 'Neanderthal No More' Series- One of the best ever written:

T NATION | Neanderthal No More - Part 1

T NATION | Neanderthal No More - Part 2

T NATION | Neanderthal No More - Part 3

T NATION | Neanderthal No More - Part 4

T NATION | Neanderthal No More - Part 5

This thread also has some very valuable information and videos with someone who was in much worse shape than you:

TESTOSTERONE NATION | All Screwed Up... - Page 1

These will help, guaranteed.
Uncreative123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.
Sorry, I just thought you were getting worked up about not being able to flatten your spine against a wall... which is normal. Maybe there is more to the story.

Let's assume I might have misunderstood. Do you have a medical diagnosis of having a spinal problem, or are you self-diagnosing, and looking for advice on the interwebz on a "problem" which might not even exist?

If a doctor came up with the diagnosis, then that same doctor will have advice.

If you're just hoping we can recognize a problem from a picture on the interwebz, or some non-doctor is telling you there's a problem, I suggest you go talk to a doctor.

Not my back, so I have nothing invested in you not ....ing it up by following interwebz advice. Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about."

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Unread 05-20-2012, 12:07 AM   #6
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Looks like normal curvature to me? The thoracic vertebrae which make up the spinal part where your ribcage is has a slight outward curvature, while the lumbar vertebrae have an inward curvature that supports most of our weight and then connects to our tailbone/pelvis.

(・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 01:22 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
Sorry, I just thought you were getting worked up about not being able to flatten your spine against a wall... which is normal. Maybe there is more to the story.

Let's assume I might have misunderstood. Do you have a medical diagnosis of having a spinal problem, or are you self-diagnosing, and looking for advice on the interwebz on a "problem" which might not even exist?

If a doctor came up with the diagnosis, then that same doctor will have advice.

If you're just hoping we can recognize a problem from a picture on the interwebz, or some non-doctor is telling you there's a problem, I suggest you go talk to a doctor.

Not my back, so I have nothing invested in you not ....ing it up by following interwebz advice. Whatever you decide to do, good luck!
Maybe it is a false diagnosis, but when I hit my growth spurt I didn't keep a straight back so it grew into this curve. I get constant compliments on it from my family about how much better it looks than it did a few years ago

Thanks for the links I'll be sure to check them out
Unread 05-21-2012, 07:02 AM   #8
SS.org Regular

Bevo is a glorious beacon of lightBevo is a glorious beacon of lightBevo is a glorious beacon of light
Looks no different than mine?
Does it cause you any real pain or stress?

Working out with or without a bad back is all about form, be very strict!
I see guys constantly arching the back doing bench press, keep it flat..
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 10:42 AM   #9

Well if you guys think there isn't anything wrong with it I guess all I can do is thank you all for the advice!
Unread 05-21-2012, 11:03 PM   #10
He seldomly knows...

Wait! At any point, have you talked to a doctor?!

False diagnosis means that you got diagnosed, right? And the doctor was wrong?

Or does it mean you went to the interwebz for medical advice?