homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter
  
Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food Exercise plans, recipes & general healthy living discussion here.

Like Tree931Likes

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #301
SS.org Regular
 
the hittmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ATL
Posts: 160
Thanked: 0
the hittmann is headed in the right direction.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Started a thread where I posted my video, check it out.
the hittmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on SevenString.org
   
Unread 05-31-2012, 05:02 AM   #302
 
Tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Posts: 1,396
Thanked: 83
Tiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRENCHLORD View Post
^nice.
Is that a cheapo bar like the two olympic bars I currently have (weiders that came with the 300sets, might be rated for 400-500), or is it an aftermarket quality bar?

Just asking because I've been researching a few threads on the various forums trying to decide which good bar to buy now that I'm almost re-arranged and ready to assemble my dirt-cheap weider 565 rack.
My rack's weakest link is the safety bars which are only rated at 300, but based on what other 565 owners say, they will easily handle 500 as long as the bar isn't dropped on them.

Anyways, I'm leaning towards the Texas power bar from Westside barbell because they say it's very tight and rigid and has the 1.125" grip which is my favorite size for everything except squat. For squats I always liked the super thick bars but since one of my cheap bars is a bit thicker than 1.125, and I won't be going real heavy anyways, I think I'll just use it for squats and use the TPB for everything else.
The cheapo bar I'm using now for bench is a 1.125", but that thing starts flexing at about 225, and really starts bending bad at 315 lol.

Also, smart move to get the mirror, I've always thought it helps from a psychological standpoint. it just improves motivation to see yourself when fully pumped and working.
Man so far its held up solid, but Ive not pulled anything heavier than 375 on it, and without having filmed it, Im not sure. The guy had a few higher quality bars for about 50 bucks more, but I doubt my wife and I will need to much more weight put on. We are little people, haha. If it gets ....ed up I am not too concerned, Ill get something better.

My thing with the mirror is form, form, form. I never realized I had a thousand checklists I go over as I go to pull and not having the mirror in front of me has weirded me out. Plus since my wife will be using the same rig Id feel a lot more comfortable knowing she can check herself too if Im not there.
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 05:22 AM   #303
came and went
 
TRENCHLORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: corncountry IL
Posts: 5,514
Thanked: 15
TRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Man so far its held up solid, but Ive not pulled anything heavier than 375 on it, and without having filmed it, Im not sure. The guy had a few higher quality bars for about 50 bucks more, but I doubt my wife and I will need to much more weight put on. We are little people, haha. If it gets ....ed up I am not too concerned, Ill get something better.

My thing with the mirror is form, form, form. I never realized I had a thousand checklists I go over as I go to pull and not having the mirror in front of me has weirded me out. Plus since my wife will be using the same rig Id feel a lot more comfortable knowing she can check herself too if Im not there.
Yeah mirrors can help form 4sure. I never knew I held my left elbow down more than the right side on squats until I was at a good gym with a mirror in front. Fixed the problem.
TRENCHLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 07:33 AM   #304
Doc McStuffins
 
USMarine75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: VA/DC
Posts: 1,736
Thanked: 24
USMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
I see the dick measuring thread is continuing.
I didnt want to say anything because I'm a humble guy... it's actually my best trait... but that was my dick Ronnie Coleman was leg pressing in the video.

I'm a lover… Not a fighter... But I'm also a fighter, so don’t get any ideas.
USMarine75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #305
Fapping to J-rock
 
Murmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hotgirl-City, Sweden
Posts: 3,754
Thanked: 38
Murmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Haven't been to the gym in 3 weeks now. I'm getting abstinence problems
The reason is that I didn't wanna renew my membership at my old gym because I was going to switch to a different one. But you hav to be 18 for that one (no problem as of yesterday). Will see if I can get there tomorrow.

Haven't been there ever yet, but I'm pretty certain it's full of bros and jocks that look at you like you're an inferior organism
I'm just hoping to god that they have a squat rack (hopefully several) and more than 1 bench.

Schecters don't have baseball bat necks.
Get the .... over it.

"I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." -metallisuk

Shono, forever and always.
Murmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #306
came and went
 
TRENCHLORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: corncountry IL
Posts: 5,514
Thanked: 15
TRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmel View Post
Haven't been to the gym in 3 weeks now. I'm getting abstinence problems
The reason is that I didn't wanna renew my membership at my old gym because I was going to switch to a different one. But you hav to be 18 for that one (no problem as of yesterday). Will see if I can get there tomorrow.

Haven't been there ever yet, but I'm pretty certain it's full of bros and jocks that look at you like you're an inferior organism
I'm just hoping to god that they have a squat rack (hopefully several) and more than 1 bench.
Happy adulthood (18th) man.

Yeah half those guys will lift themselves right out of the game by constantly showing off for eachother and always placing poundage above roundage .

Lifting with some good resistance is important, but viewing the weights as a whole bag of sculpting tools instead of only a ruler/scale is much more productive IMO.

Even when some guys go medium or higher reps, they still have this preconcieved number they're trying for which causes them to just rush through the reps so that they don't fail to get their rep count.

Focusing on making every rep as individually productive as posible and leaving the rep count total to happenstance is more productive IMO.

For example, I've seen guys rushing through reps with 225 on bench just so they can get the 10 reps, when they'd be much better off repping with precision and getting more soreness out of an ultra-controlled 6 or 7 reps.
Squats are ussually one of the worst for inspiring this less feelfull lifting style.
In fact it doesn't hurt to change up rep cadence/speed on purpose from set to set or from workout to workout, as this greatly effects the part of the motion that is accented (resistence wise).
TRENCHLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #307
Fapping to J-rock
 
Murmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hotgirl-City, Sweden
Posts: 3,754
Thanked: 38
Murmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
...., today the registration failed. I'll fix it tomorrow though. But I won't be able to train until wednesday because it needs like a 12 hour activation time. .... this I want to deadlift

Schecters don't have baseball bat necks.
Get the .... over it.

"I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." -metallisuk

Shono, forever and always.
Murmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #308
SS.org Regular
 
texshred777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,262
Thanked: 8
texshred777 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmel View Post
...., today the registration failed. I'll fix it tomorrow though. But I won't be able to train until wednesday because it needs like a 12 hour activation time. .... this I want to deadlift
I feel you my current gym has a decent dumbbell selection but no barbells except the smith machines..which I hate. Oh well, the dumbbell variants are doing me well for now.
texshred777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 10:42 PM   #309
came and went
 
TRENCHLORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: corncountry IL
Posts: 5,514
Thanked: 15
TRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRENCHLORD View Post
My short-term goal is to be about 232 and noticably harder looking (and much tanner lol) by the end of the month.
Well, I failed, but I'm viewing it as a success .
As of June 1st my dry morning weight was 234, and now I'm at 233.
So in 5 weeks I've shed 14 pounds and have been eating high protien and lifting hard so I don't think I've lost any muscle at all.

Getting desperate for a pig out at the china buffet though.
Have been very portion consious and have stuck with the limited beer intake (2or3/night) right after either weight workout or mild cardio,
so that way it's more likely to get utilized instead of bellyized.

I'll continue improvement and post some comparison pics when the difference is more dramatic. Already seeing a good difference in the mirror though,
and I had to get a shoe string to keep my size 38s from falling down all the time. Forgive me, but I just can't stand the Limp Buzz.... look .
TRENCHLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #310
SS.org Regular
 
Infamous Impact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bristow, VA
Posts: 1,230
Thanked: 6
Infamous Impact is just really niceInfamous Impact is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can anyone help me with muscle imbalances? I've been sprinting and pole vaulting for the last 9 months, and the right side of my body is way stronger than the left side because of this. It affects me most on arm strength, and the right lat is almost twice the size of the left one.

"...When they find out you have more than the standard number of strings... It's like you're the ....in' highlander or something..."
Infamous Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #311
SS.org Regular
 
the hittmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ATL
Posts: 160
Thanked: 0
the hittmann is headed in the right direction.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Impact View Post
Can anyone help me with muscle imbalances? I've been sprinting and pole vaulting for the last 9 months, and the right side of my body is way stronger than the left side because of this. It affects me most on arm strength, and the right lat is almost twice the size of the left one.
You could do some extra reps on your left side when doing certain isolation excerises. You could isolate the lat by doing one arm pulldowns ect..
the hittmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #312
came and went
 
TRENCHLORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: corncountry IL
Posts: 5,514
Thanked: 15
TRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Found this. Works for lighter people better I'm sure.
TRENCHLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 04:53 AM   #313
 
Tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Posts: 1,396
Thanked: 83
Tiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^ Beast Skills - Tutorials
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #314
SS.org Regular
 
Infamous Impact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bristow, VA
Posts: 1,230
Thanked: 6
Infamous Impact is just really niceInfamous Impact is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by the hittmann View Post
You could do some extra reps on your left side when doing certain isolation excerises. You could isolate the lat by doing one arm pulldowns ect..
I don't train for size, I train for strength, since I need a good power to weight ratio for my sport, and this imbalance is affecting me strengthwise now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRENCHLORD View Post
Found this. Works for lighter people better I'm sure.
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
I love Beast Skills. Learned to walk on my hands from his tutorial.

So unilateral exercises, got it. One arm pullups, pistol squats, anything else?

"...When they find out you have more than the standard number of strings... It's like you're the ....in' highlander or something..."
Infamous Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #315
SS.org Regular
 
Ibanezsam4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Providence, RI
Posts: 827
Thanked: 18
Ibanezsam4 is a glorious beacon of lightIbanezsam4 is a glorious beacon of lightIbanezsam4 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
so i have brand new motivation for lifting bigger weights and getting stronger. long story short there's an athletic director at my university's gym that is irritated by the sheer fact i exist. i worked out with minimalist shoes and got kicked out because apparently not allowed (no posted rules that state this). So i came in wearing a more conventional looking shoe (still thin and minimal), and now he seems to just be pissed off when i walk in, he shoots dirty looks at me and my girlfriend while we work out and yeah... he has no power over me because im not in a sports program. so i think the appropriate response is to become a serious beast over there and put to shame all his athletes and make my existence even more of a middle finger to his face.... oh and figure out what is appropriate footwear there, cuz if he pulled that out of his ass im going to have so much fun with this.

anybody have any "whatdafuq" exercise suggestions that will make him hate me more?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sam-Wr...22806487780403 <--- photo page, click it, and maybe like????
The horror that was that video made my bowels explode in an inhuman fashion that scared me, my dog, and the bird in the tree outside my room window-Insackclothandashes
Ibanezsam4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #316
SS.org Regular
 
TankJon666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Worthing, UK
Posts: 462
Thanked: 6
TankJon666 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanezsam4 View Post
so i have brand new motivation for lifting bigger weights and getting stronger. long story short there's an athletic director at my university's gym that is irritated by the sheer fact i exist. i worked out with minimalist shoes and got kicked out because apparently not allowed (no posted rules that state this). So i came in wearing a more conventional looking shoe (still thin and minimal), and now he seems to just be pissed off when i walk in, he shoots dirty looks at me and my girlfriend while we work out and yeah... he has no power over me because im not in a sports program. so i think the appropriate response is to become a serious beast over there and put to shame all his athletes and make my existence even more of a middle finger to his face.... oh and figure out what is appropriate footwear there, cuz if he pulled that out of his ass im going to have so much fun with this.

anybody have any "whatdafuq" exercise suggestions that will make him hate me more?
Build your squats and deadlifts till your a monster. You'll build size quickly and you can lord it above all the "curls for gurls" posers.
TankJon666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #317
SS.org Regular
 
TankJon666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Worthing, UK
Posts: 462
Thanked: 6
TankJon666 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRENCHLORD View Post
Well, I failed, but I'm viewing it as a success .
As of June 1st my dry morning weight was 234, and now I'm at 233.
So in 5 weeks I've shed 14 pounds and have been eating high protien and lifting hard so I don't think I've lost any muscle at all.

Getting desperate for a pig out at the china buffet though.
Have been very portion consious and have stuck with the limited beer intake (2or3/night) right after either weight workout or mild cardio,
so that way it's more likely to get utilized instead of bellyized.

I'll continue improvement and post some comparison pics when the difference is more dramatic. Already seeing a good difference in the mirror though,
and I had to get a shoe string to keep my size 38s from falling down all the time. Forgive me, but I just can't stand the Limp Buzz.... look .
Ditch the beer dude. Its your worst enemy. Its all sugar and your body won't utilise it for shit other than putting fat around your middle. Those 3 beers will be around 600 calories. And for what? Thats all your days excersise or more gone in 3 drinks. Convert that to food and thats nearly 3 standard size Snickers bars ...would you eat 3 snickers bars a day?

Now multiply that by say 5 nights a week and your looking at 3000 calories ...4200 if you have 3 beers every night. 4200!!!!!!!!

You've done pretty awesome to lose 14 pounds in 5 weeks but if you had left out the beer that could have been anywhere from 20 to 25 pounds.

Regarding the china buffet thing. If you are eating lean and clean all week then you should treat yourself to something like that once every 2-3 weeks. It'll keep you sane. Trust me!

Apologies if this is bordering on "bro-science" but beer aint great if your trying to lose weight.

Out of interest what are you eating on a daily basis?
TankJon666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 12:42 PM   #318
themuthaphukkindeath
 
highlordmugfug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: _
Posts: 4,006
Thanked: 47
highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/highlordmugfug is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
^
2:00: all junk food, ya feel me?



Depending on his workout and lifestyle, the beer could be just fine for him. But yeah it'd probably be better to cut it out (though I remember reading about 1 study where 1 alcoholic drink slightly increased testosterone, which I would think would help with building muscle).
highlordmugfug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #319
Fapping to J-rock
 
Murmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hotgirl-City, Sweden
Posts: 3,754
Thanked: 38
Murmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^
Dude is seriously strong as .... in his entire upper body. Pretty ridiculous.
My shoulders hurt just by watching him though

Schecters don't have baseball bat necks.
Get the .... over it.

"I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." -metallisuk

Shono, forever and always.
Murmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #320
came and went
 
TRENCHLORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: corncountry IL
Posts: 5,514
Thanked: 15
TRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankJon666 View Post
Ditch the beer dude. Its your worst enemy. Its all sugar and your body won't utilise it for shit other than putting fat around your middle. Those 3 beers will be around 600 calories. And for what? Thats all your days excersise or more gone in 3 drinks. Convert that to food and thats nearly 3 standard size Snickers bars ...would you eat 3 snickers bars a day?

Now multiply that by say 5 nights a week and your looking at 3000 calories ...4200 if you have 3 beers every night. 4200!!!!!!!!

You've done pretty awesome to lose 14 pounds in 5 weeks but if you had left out the beer that could have been anywhere from 20 to 25 pounds.

Regarding the china buffet thing. If you are eating lean and clean all week then you should treat yourself to something like that once every 2-3 weeks. It'll keep you sane. Trust me!

Apologies if this is bordering on "bro-science" but beer aint great if your trying to lose weight.

Out of interest what are you eating on a daily basis?
Yeah I can't argue, you're definitely right in general on all of this.
I'm hitting the sticking point now, so I'll either have to increase cardio or cut back calories a hair more to continue dropping.
Trying to wein calories semi-slowly though so I don't drop muscle either.
Post workout many guys slam a sugar drink though, so a bit of those beer calories do get used to stabalize blood sugar levels and transport the meat protien into the muscles post-workout.
But yeah, 3 is probably 2 too many .
Will post back late-night about diet specifics (gotta take kid to summer reading program right now).
TRENCHLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #321
SS.org Regular
 
the hittmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ATL
Posts: 160
Thanked: 0
the hittmann is headed in the right direction.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanezsam4 View Post
so i have brand new motivation for lifting bigger weights and getting stronger. long story short there's an athletic director at my university's gym that is irritated by the sheer fact i exist. i worked out with minimalist shoes and got kicked out because apparently not allowed (no posted rules that state this). So i came in wearing a more conventional looking shoe (still thin and minimal), and now he seems to just be pissed off when i walk in, he shoots dirty looks at me and my girlfriend while we work out and yeah... he has no power over me because im not in a sports program. so i think the appropriate response is to become a serious beast over there and put to shame all his athletes and make my existence even more of a middle finger to his face.... oh and figure out what is appropriate footwear there, cuz if he pulled that out of his ass im going to have so much fun with this.

anybody have any "whatdafuq" exercise suggestions that will make him hate me more?
Ha, sounds a lot like what I did in high school. The football coach never liked me as I was in band and didn't play any sports. I had been lifting for a while before I came to the school, so it was hilarious when I got into his weight lifting class. The first day was a leg workout and it was Squats 5 sets of 10. All of his football players where squatting 225-285, so when I did 315 for 10 his mouth dropped and he started trying to get me to play football and didn't make me do sprints when he would punish the class, kind of funny how shallow and flawed some coaches perceptions are just cause you are music nerd.
the hittmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #322
SS.org Regular
 
Infamous Impact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bristow, VA
Posts: 1,230
Thanked: 6
Infamous Impact is just really niceInfamous Impact is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by the hittmann View Post
Ha, sounds a lot like what I did in high school. The football coach never liked me as I was in band and didn't play any sports. I had been lifting for a while before I came to the school, so it was hilarious when I got into his weight lifting class. The first day was a leg workout and it was Squats 5 sets of 10. All of his football players where squatting 225-285, so when I did 315 for 10 his mouth dropped and he started trying to get me to play football and didn't make me do sprints when he would punish the class, kind of funny how shallow and flawed some coaches perceptions are just cause you are music nerd.
My coach smirked when he saw me trying out for track, because before that he always walking out of my Music Theory class. I carried my team to states this year. Looks can be deceiving.

"...When they find out you have more than the standard number of strings... It's like you're the ....in' highlander or something..."
Infamous Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 11:59 PM   #323
SS.org Regular
 
the hittmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ATL
Posts: 160
Thanked: 0
the hittmann is headed in the right direction.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Impact View Post
My coach smirked when he saw me trying out for track, because before that he always walking out of my Music Theory class. I carried my team to states this year. Looks can be deceiving.
I know, I love breaking the music nerd stereotype, uncoordinated, awkward, shy, ect...
the hittmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 04:43 AM   #324
came and went
 
TRENCHLORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: corncountry IL
Posts: 5,514
Thanked: 15
TRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankJon666 View Post
Out of interest what are you eating on a daily basis?
Most all my meals hit in between 400-600 calories, and all of them are moderate(30g) to high(50g) protien.
As for carbs and fat, I try to rotate between low carb/moderate fat and moderate carb/low fat meals, thereby keeping the total meal calories in check and some what consistant.
So if I were to average out my macro nutrient meal totals it would be something like 40g protien, 30g carbs, and 25g fat, totaling around 500 calories. But as I said, in reality some meals are higher carb and virtually no fat, and some are higher fat and lower carb totals. Meals are consumed every 3-4hrs most of the time.

During 99 through 01 was fairly strict following the ABC(anabolic burst cycling) program. It's basicaly a standerd calorie rotation system to the extreme.
For 14 days you act a complete glutton and consume so much food that it's almost sickening no matter if you're hungry or not, then for the next 14 days you follow a very strict cutting diet that is cyclical in nature because you have a maintanence calorie day, followed by a 200-300 under maintanence day, and then a slightly(100-200 IIRC) over calorie day.
I liked the program because of the constant change and I had nothing really better to do at the time anyway .
If it's a good program or not is debatable, but the one thing I really got from it was the ability to estimate calories and macro-profiles just by looking at the meal substance and portion size.
The first thing I done when starting the program was get the dreaded calorie counter which also of course had the macro breakdown for most food (especially whole food sources) that was a learning tool 4sure.
The next thing i done was buy a food scale for most stuff and digital postal scales for measuring different supplement powders and such since some of the scoop sizes varied and I wasn't sure on the containers if they meant a packed in ;leval scoop, or a fluffed up level or rounded scoop.
I did find some products that were a bit misleading if going off the label instructions.

Anyways, I was literally weighing and calculating everything myself, and even though I haven't done that in a long time, i still can eyeball a plate of food and give a much closer calorie and macro breakdown than your average person, and probably much closer than the average novice trainer as well.

My main food sources are beef, turkey, chicken, deer, fish, whole grains, veggies, milk, protien supps, and last but not least, boston lagers .
I'm being very limited with any snacks or junk food, although as soon as I wake up in the morning it's a 50g ON gold standard shake and a single small size little debbie snack cake.
If there's any good time for a slight sugar boost, it's as soon as you wake up and post workout, so that's when I indulge the goodies.

My real goal is just to be at the same conditioning that was up until 07, which I'm guessing was always between 10% and 12% bf.
Where i slipped was working lots of overtime at the factory and being too lazy to prepare my own lunches and break snacks. I started eating from the vending machines every couple hours and fell out of lifting as often as needed to maintain good condition.

If I can hold somewhere in the 12% bf range it would be fine for me. Wouldn't mind gaining weight either if my bf% was down lower.
I'm just guessing based off Uncreative's bf level testing in his thread that I'm currently around the 15% range give or take.

Here's my best shot from a few weeks back, if anyone would be so kind to tell me about what body fat % it is in the photo, I'd be most appreciative.



And here's the page with the belly fat shots.
Anyone here bench, lift weights, etc?
TRENCHLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 05:06 AM   #325
SS.org Regular
 
TankJon666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Worthing, UK
Posts: 462
Thanked: 6
TankJon666 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRENCHLORD View Post
Most all my meals hit in between 400-600 calories, and all of them are moderate(30g) to high(50g) protien.
As for carbs and fat, I try to rotate between low carb/moderate fat and moderate carb/low fat meals, thereby keeping the total meal calories in check and some what consistant.
So if I were to average out my macro nutrient meal totals it would be something like 40g protien, 30g carbs, and 25g fat, totaling around 500 calories. But as I said, in reality some meals are higher carb and virtually no fat, and some are higher fat and lower carb totals. Meals are consumed every 3-4hrs most of the time.

During 99 through 01 was fairly strict following the ABC(anabolic burst cycling) program. It's basicaly a standerd calorie rotation system to the extreme.
For 14 days you act a complete glutton and consume so much food that it's almost sickening no matter if you're hungry or not, then for the next 14 days you follow a very strict cutting diet that is cyclical in nature because you have a maintanence calorie day, followed by a 200-300 under maintanence day, and then a slightly(100-200 IIRC) over calorie day.
I liked the program because of the constant change and I had nothing really better to do at the time anyway .
If it's a good program or not is debatable, but the one thing I really got from it was the ability to estimate calories and macro-profiles just by looking at the meal substance and portion size.
The first thing I done when starting the program was get the dreaded calorie counter which also of course had the macro breakdown for most food (especially whole food sources) that was a learning tool 4sure.
The next thing i done was buy a food scale for most stuff and digital postal scales for measuring different supplement powders and such since some of the scoop sizes varied and I wasn't sure on the containers if they meant a packed in ;leval scoop, or a fluffed up level or rounded scoop.
I did find some products that were a bit misleading if going off the label instructions.

Anyways, I was literally weighing and calculating everything myself, and even though I haven't done that in a long time, i still can eyeball a plate of food and give a much closer calorie and macro breakdown than your average person, and probably much closer than the average novice trainer as well.

My main food sources are beef, turkey, chicken, deer, fish, whole grains, veggies, milk, protien supps, and last but not least, boston lagers .
I'm being very limited with any snacks or junk food, although as soon as I wake up in the morning it's a 50g ON gold standard shake and a single small size little debbie snack cake.
If there's any good time for a slight sugar boost, it's as soon as you wake up and post workout, so that's when I indulge the goodies.

My real goal is just to be at the same conditioning that was up until 07, which I'm guessing was always between 10% and 12% bf.
Where i slipped was working lots of overtime at the factory and being too lazy to prepare my own lunches and break snacks. I started eating from the vending machines every couple hours and fell out of lifting as often as needed to maintain good condition.

If I can hold somewhere in the 12% bf range it would be fine for me. Wouldn't mind gaining weight either if my bf% was down lower.
I'm just guessing based off Uncreative's bf level testing in his thread that I'm currently around the 15% range give or take.

Here's my best shot from a few weeks back, if anyone would be so kind to tell me about what body fat % it is in the photo, I'd be most appreciative.

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/...chlord/008.jpg

And here's the page with the belly fat shots.
Anyone here bench, lift weights, etc?
I'd say your diet is good. It's clear your aiming to build mass. Have you tried dropping the carbs in the evening? Other than a post workout shake I dont have any carbs after 6pm, other than fibrous greens. This approach has helped me retain muscle mass and lose fat.
You thought of perhaps just having 2-3 beers a week?
Stopping drinking made a huge difference for me.
TankJon666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
boiled beanbag, it's just colostrum, spring jizzblast

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 AM.


Our Network: PRS Guitar Forum | Luthier Forum | SG Guitar Forum | Les Paul Forum | Marshall Amp Forum | Acoustic Guitar Forum

SS.org proudly supports St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Copyright © 2004-2014, SevenString.org. All Rights Reserved.