homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food Exercise plans, recipes & general healthy living discussion here.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-10-2006, 05:54 PM   #76
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
[action=Chris]does not do drugs, they cut into his drinking time.[/action]

Amp: 6505+ / Recto 4x12s
Rack: Axe-Fx II / HD1221s
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-10-2006, 06:01 PM   #77
ss.org Regular

Abu-Abu will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I love how stubborn anti-drug people can be, jeez, just light up a J and chill.:P

No one has ever died from Marijuana, tons have died from Ciggarettes and Alcohol, and those are facts. I don't care how many websites will say it is more "unhealthy" to smoke, if no one has died, how can that be more unhealthy than ciggarettes?

And if you guys think cooking it will get you less stoned than smoking it, than you must be cooking it wrong. Do you just throw it in there? Or do you first cook some Cannabutter, and then cook your food using the cannabutter? Because that's the way to get all the THC absorbed into the food.

"And God said, 'See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food.'" - Genesis 1:29

Cannabis: Food for your soul.

I also agree that legalizing Marijuana, would stop SO MANY of the teenagers from using it, because most of them are using it to rebel, and same with ciggarettes.
Abu-Abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2006, 03:09 AM   #78
that guy

Dylan7620 is just really niceDylan7620 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
[action=Chris]does not do drugs, they cut into his drinking time.[/action]
best reasoning i've heard yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar!

And if you guys think cooking it will get you less stoned than smoking it, than you must be cooking it wrong.
yep

"are there gonna be snacks? i heard there were gonna be snacks."

Last edited by Dylan7620; 09-11-2006 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Dylan7620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2006, 03:56 AM   #79
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naren
My uncle never had any symptoms or withdrawals after quitting either. I asked him "You just quit cold turkey? Wasn't it hard?" and he said something like "Nah, not really. There was the habit thing. For over 10 years, I would just smoke a cigarette when I wanted. But it wasn't difficult or painful to quit." I have known people who have had trouble quitting pot, though. Granted, they smoked quite a bit, which probably had a bigger effect on their bodies.

well, thats the thing. i smoke cigars, occaisionally. to get addicted to smoking cigarettes and cigars and shit, you need to really crank down on a pack or two of cigs a day, and whatever the cigar equivalent is. Last time i had a cigar (granted it was a minature one) was about a month ago.. before that? About a year. By that standard, im not really a smoker. BUT the point stands. I have a couple of friends who are my age who are pack-a-dayers. they CANT not smoke, they try. and they cant. My ex was pretty much the marijuana equivalent of a pack a day or more smoker. and when she quit, she told me the only side effect was she didnt know what to do with her time anymore lol

I dunno, i dont smoke marijuana (Granted, i've TRIED it a couple of times ) But im by no means an authority on it. I just dont personally get the big deal -- i'm with you on it, i'd rather spend my money on something else. BUT i still agree with those who say it isnt physically addictive. Mentally? sure. Gambling isnt physically addictive - you dont get gambling withdrawls, but there's plenty of horror stories from that. I'm just saying as long as you got some will power, you cant get addicted.
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2006, 04:17 AM   #80
OldschoolGhettostyle

Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Ken
I dunno, i dont smoke marijuana (Granted, i've TRIED it a couple of times ) But im by no means an authority on it. I just dont personally get the big deal -- i'm with you on it, i'd rather spend my money on something else. BUT i still agree with those who say it isnt physically addictive. Mentally? sure. Gambling isnt physically addictive - you dont get gambling withdrawls, but there's plenty of horror stories from that. I'm just saying as long as you got some will power, you cant get addicted.
Yeah, I don't smoke it either (but I have tried it a few times). I don't really think it's usually a big deal. The main danger in smoking marijuana, I think, is getting caught and having to spend money and time dealing with that (and maybe getting it put on your record. I had a friend in high school get in HUGE trouble for smoking pot beyond a McDonald's at 3am one day. He had a parol officer for like 4-6 months after that). The reason I don't smoke it is: a) I don't want to get caught. If I get caught in the US, I have some trouble. If I get caught in Japan, it's about 100x worse. They have zero tolerance for any drugs. b) I have better things to spend my money on (and don't someone say "What? ALCOHOL?" I only drink about once a week, sometimes once every two weeks). I've never said "You are so wrong and evil for doing that!" I have more of an opinion of "I think it's a waste of time and money."

I'm not going to argue whether marijuana is physically addictive or not, but I know for a fact that it's a very "addictive" drug. I agree that if you have some will power, you can't get addicted. But, I think if you have willpower for cigarettes, you can avoid getting addicted, as well. That's why so many people can quit cold turkey.
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2006, 04:22 AM   #81
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Quote:
Yeah, I don't smoke it either (but I have tried it a few times). I don't really think it's usually a big deal. The main danger in smoking marijuana, I think, is getting caught and having to spend money and time dealing with that (and maybe getting it put on your record. I had a friend in high school get in HUGE trouble for smoking pot beyond a McDonald's at 3am one day. He had a parol officer for like 4-6 months after that). The reason I don't smoke it is: a) I don't want to get caught. If I get caught in the US, I have some trouble. If I get caught in Japan, it's about 100x worse. They have zero tolerance for any drugs. b) I have better things to spend my money on (and don't someone say "What? ALCOHOL?" I only drink about once a week, sometimes once every two weeks). I've never said "You are so wrong and evil for doing that!" I have more of an opinion of "I think it's a waste of time and money."

I'm not going to argue whether marijuana is physically addictive or not, but I know for a fact that it's a very "addictive" drug. I agree that if you have some will power, you can't get addicted. But, I think if you have willpower for cigarettes, you can avoid getting addicted, as well. That's why so many people can quit cold turkey.
Totally, dude. The risks arent worth the benefits, IMO. And i'd rather spend that money on CDs, books, or guitar related things. i'm the same way with beer. the last time i even bought any alcohol was over a month ago.

Back to the topic at hand though - All i'm arguing is that Marijuana can only create a psychological addiction, not a physical one.
Unread 09-11-2006, 12:49 PM   #82
The Walkin' Dude

String Seraphim will become famous soon enough
The whole thing never really interested me. I've been around poeple who have done it a number of times and they just became goofier human beings than they normally were..........no big deal, no fire works, no candy.

It just didn't appeal to me. I never judged people who did it and I never thought less of them. Not to mention I found observing said individuals say and do some retarded stuff so it provided me with quite the the heap of "hey remember that time" material because I'm the only one that remembers it.

"God is not on our side 'cause he hates idiots too." - Clint Eastwood, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/6...own5vu20xr.gif
String Seraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2006, 01:12 PM   #83
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
And, David, you are wrong. You can. GET. physically. addicted. to. marijuana. Do. you. understand? It's not a lie. Get your facts straight and stop talking like what you're saying are facts. You don't have access to some special information that no one else has.
You must get your special information from the US government, because it is NOT physically addicting. Psychologically addicting? You bet.

He is also right about it helping with asthma, emphysema, etc. However, he is wrong about the method. Smoking it still exposes you to tar and carcinogenic gases that are a biproduct of combustion. Vaporization is the proper method. C'mon, David, you don't burn asthma medication and smoke it, do you?

Quote:
I'm referring mainly to "mental", but I consider "mental" to be "physical" since your mind is a part of your body as well. It's been proven that the chemicals in marijuana affect parts of your brain that lead to addiction. So, I would say "both."
You'd make a great politician.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com

Last edited by noodles; 09-11-2006 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2006, 02:04 PM   #84
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
weed, weed, the magical plant!
the more you smoke, the more you...

....hey, look at my haaaaand!

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2006, 04:16 PM   #85
that guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
weed, weed, the magical plant!
the more you smoke, the more you...

....hey, look at my haaaaand!
ha ha ha.... i think thats more so shrooms

Unread 09-11-2006, 04:53 PM   #86
Dis ....in' guy...

JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles
You must get your special information from the US government, because it is NOT physically addicting. Psychologically addicting? You bet.

He is also right about it helping with asthma, emphysema, etc. However, he is wrong about the method. Smoking it still exposes you to tar and carcinogenic gases that are a biproduct of combustion. Vaporization is the proper method. C'mon, David, you don't burn asthma medication and smoke it, do you?

You'd make a great politician.
you know Noodles, smoking does stunt your growth.... I guess thats why we're both short...
JPMDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2006, 12:48 AM   #87
that guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMDan
you know Noodles, smoking does stunt your growth....
you guys must be gettin some really good stuff. i'm still 6'4"

Unread 09-12-2006, 10:13 AM   #88
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
you know Noodles, smoking does stunt your growth.... I guess thats why we're both short...
If that's the case, then I ought to be about 3'11" right now.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2006, 04:13 PM   #89
Dis ....in' guy...

JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan7620
you guys must be gettin some really good stuff. i'm still 6'4"
Let's just say my contacts are very productive

oh and I'm 5'6" LMAO
Unread 09-12-2006, 04:39 PM   #90
je t'aime

David has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud of
Quote:
ha ha ha.... i think thats more so shrooms
.... shrooms! that shit messes you up so bad... and for waaay too long.

ss.org's official most photoshopped member
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2006, 05:37 PM   #91
maybe this year

rummy is a glorious beacon of lightrummy is a glorious beacon of lightrummy is a glorious beacon of light
rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2006, 06:33 PM   #92
Dis ....in' guy...

LOL

you gotta tell me where you got that smilie from!!!
Unread 09-12-2006, 06:39 PM   #93
Wanker

Dormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to behold
Just to be pedantic surrounding the use of the term addiction earlier in the thread. Drugs are not physically addictive EVER. Nothing is. Addiction is defined by either a physiological and/or psychological need or desire. Physical is not physiological, habitual or compulsive and is therefore an incorrect way of referring to the term addiction.

[/wanker]
Dormant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2006, 08:21 PM   #94
maybe this year

rummy is a glorious beacon of lightrummy is a glorious beacon of lightrummy is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
LOL

you gotta tell me where you got that smilie from!!!
It's a standard smiley over at http://www.club3g.com/forum Chris and I post there.
rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2006, 08:53 PM   #95
Hates the Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormant
Just to be pedantic surrounding the use of the term addiction earlier in the thread. Drugs are not physically addictive EVER. Nothing is. Addiction is defined by either a physiological and/or psychological need or desire. Physical is not physiological, habitual or compulsive and is therefore an incorrect way of referring to the term addiction.

[/wanker]

tell you what, lets get you on some heroin and come back to that discussion afterwards ;D
Unread 09-12-2006, 08:58 PM   #96
that guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
.... shrooms! that shit messes you up so bad... and for waaay too long.
i'm never gonna do em again... that shit changed me.

Quote:
tell you what, lets get you on some heroin and come back to that discussion afterwards ;D
also stage 3 alcoholics can go into a state where they NEED alcohol to keep them alive. either way, its not very pretty at all.

Last edited by Dylan7620; 09-12-2006 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Unread 09-13-2006, 10:36 AM   #97
Wanker

Dormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to beholdDormant is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

That is still not Physical addiction. Psychology, Pharmacology, and clinical studies have gone a long way to prove that addiction is defined in all cases by molecular, physiological, and psychological causes. The physical desire aspect is an after effect and is not considered to be part of the aetiology.
Dormant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2006, 10:39 AM   #98
je t'aime

David has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud of
Quote:
i'm never gonna do em again... that shit changed me.

It's so true! Everyone has their own crazy story. I completely flipped out and had a mental breakdown.

ss.org's official most photoshopped member
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2006, 10:48 AM   #99
Beer Sewer

Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

It's so true! Everyone has their own crazy story. I completely flipped out and had a mental breakdown.
Gee, and I just kept serving beer to the police!

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

www.myspace.com/wfkoehleriii
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeo7bjr/index.html
Popsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2006, 01:59 PM   #100
Dis ....in' guy...

Quote:

I had a friend that was using shrooms for the first time we were chilling in his room with a blacklight. and he could of sworn there was a little green dude about 2-3 inches chilling on my shoulder with his bong and the little dude looked at him and say damn you are one ....ed up ............. My friend was like