homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter
  
Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food Exercise plans, recipes & general healthy living discussion here.

Like Tree1Likes

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-09-2006, 03:03 PM   #51
je t'aime
 
David's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Issaquah, WA
Posts: 4,197
Thanked: 2 / 1
David has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMDan
wow I didn't think most of you guys were going to be like it's a hardcore drug. Let me ask you this. Have you ever heard of anyone dying from marijuana smoking or getting cancer from it? I think cigarette smoking is worse than marijuana smoking. With weed whats the worse thing that happens? You laugh at stupid shit and get the munchies. Oh and probably see Doogie Howzer snorting a line of coke off a stripper's ass.


many, many speakers, at hempfest, preached that smoke from marijuana does not stimulate cancer, and does not cause emphazima. I'm not sure as to the validity of it, but I think it may have some truth to it. Marijuana smoke opens up the chest, and helps with athsma. Out of the countless hippies aged 40-70 that I know, who smoke a good joint everyday, none of them have lung problems, and all are in excellent physical condition, as well as mentally stable.

Those that smoke cigs on the other hand... are not so healthy...


ALSO, you can not, get, physically addicted to marijuana. That fact is indeed, a lie. Many people become mentally addicted to it, such as an addiction to video games, street racing, skydiving (my personal favorites...), but it does not physically addict you like ecstasy, cocaine, nicatine, meth, etc.

ss.org's official most photoshopped member
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on SevenString.org
   
Unread 09-09-2006, 08:16 PM   #52
Trippin' balls
 
Kotex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: East Oakland
Posts: 2,021
Thanked: 22
Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Kotex is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^true
Dude, I love weed. I smoke it every chance I get. ::

Too much blood in my alcohol system
Kotex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 12:57 AM   #53
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!
 
Jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The woods..
Posts: 9,889
Thanked: 80
Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
[QUOTE=David Marijuana smoke opens up the chest, and helps with athsma. [/QUOTE]
that is the ....ign dumbest thing I have ever heard. Dude smoking weed will NOT help my asthma

"I wish TV had a knob so you could turn up the intelligence. The one marked Brightness doesn't work."

Gallagher
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 01:06 AM   #54
 
Nick1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Camp Crystal Lake
Posts: 3,781
Thanked: 56
Nick1 is a name known to allNick1 is a name known to allNick1 is a name known to allNick1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Not me. Im a boozer!

When the world flips you a Jeffery, stroke a furry wall
Nick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 01:21 AM   #55
Dis ....in' guy...
 
JPMDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,717
Thanked: 48
JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1
Not me. Im a boozer!
and a Dicky stiffins manwhore with a great avatar.
JPMDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 03:07 AM   #56
gang* 4 lyfe
 
Mark. A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,952
Thanked: 2
Mark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by David


many, many speakers, at hempfest, preached that smoke from marijuana does not stimulate cancer, and does not cause emphazima. I'm not sure as to the validity of it, but I think it may have some truth to it. Marijuana smoke opens up the chest, and helps with athsma. Out of the countless hippies aged 40-70 that I know, who smoke a good joint everyday, none of them have lung problems, and all are in excellent physical condition, as well as mentally stable.

Those that smoke cigs on the other hand... are not so healthy...


ALSO, you can not, get, physically addicted to marijuana. That fact is indeed, a lie. Many people become mentally addicted to it, such as an addiction to video games, street racing, skydiving (my personal favorites...), but it does not physically addict you like ecstasy, cocaine, nicatine, meth, etc.
Seriously big rofl at this dude, you need to get a smack to the head and get a clue.
Mark. A is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 03:19 AM   #57
je t'aime
 
David's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Issaquah, WA
Posts: 4,197
Thanked: 2 / 1
David has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
think what you want...

ss.org's official most photoshopped member
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 03:23 AM   #58
OldschoolGhettostyle
 
Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 12,854
Thanked: 57
Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by David


many, many speakers, at hempfest, preached that smoke from marijuana does not stimulate cancer, and does not cause emphazima. I'm not sure as to the validity of it, but I think it may have some truth to it. Marijuana smoke opens up the chest, and helps with athsma. Out of the countless hippies aged 40-70 that I know, who smoke a good joint everyday, none of them have lung problems, and all are in excellent physical condition, as well as mentally stable.

Those that smoke cigs on the other hand... are not so healthy...


ALSO, you can not, get, physically addicted to marijuana. That fact is indeed, a lie. Many people become mentally addicted to it, such as an addiction to video games, street racing, skydiving (my personal favorites...), but it does not physically addict you like ecstasy, cocaine, nicatine, meth, etc.
Marijuana actually is more likely to cause cancer than cigarettes because cigarettes have filters and marijuana does not. The reason why most people don't get cancer from marijuana is because cigarette smokers usually smoke 20x more cigarettes than marijuana smokers smoke pot (most smokers I know smoke 10-15 cigarettes a day. How many pot smokers smoke 10-15 joints a day?) Marijuana is a lot lot more unhealthy than cigarettes. Sure, marijuana isn't anything compared to ecstacy, cocaine, meth, heroin, etc. But what you're saying is wrong. And, just because you know a lot of pot-smokers who smoke 1 joint a day who are relatively healthy means nothing. I have a lot of friends who smoke over 10 cigarettes a day and are very healthy. And, in the US, I had some friends who smoked 1-2 joints a day and were very unhealthy. Proves nothing.

And, David, you are wrong. You can. GET. physically. addicted. to. marijuana. Do. you. understand? It's not a lie. Get your facts straight and stop talking like what you're saying are facts. You don't have access to some special information that no one else has.

That said, no, marijuana is not a "hardcore" drug, but it IS more addicting and more dangerous than tobacco.
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 03:33 AM   #59
je t'aime
 
David's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Issaquah, WA
Posts: 4,197
Thanked: 2 / 1
David has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud ofDavid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naren
And, David, you are wrong. You can. GET. physically. addicted. to. marijuana. Do. you. understand? It's not a lie. Get your facts straight and stop talking like what you're saying are facts. You don't have access to some special information that no one else has.

That said, no, marijuana is not a "hardcore" drug, but it IS more addicting and more dangerous than tobacco.
It's not addicting. Fact. It's not addicting. FACT.

and to the rest of that information, it would be very helpful and accessible to you if you could read.
Quote:
many, many speakers, at hempfest, preached that smoke from marijuana does not stimulate cancer, and does not cause emphazima. I'm not sure as to the validity of it, but I think it may have some truth to it. Marijuana smoke opens up the chest, and helps with athsma. Out of the countless hippies aged 40-70 that I know, who smoke a good joint everyday, none of them have lung problems, and all are in excellent physical condition, as well as mentally stable.
Sure sounds like I was preaching fact there now doesn't it.

ss.org's official most photoshopped member
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 03:52 AM   #60
OldschoolGhettostyle
 
Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 12,854
Thanked: 57
Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
It's not addicting. Fact. It's not addicting. FACT.

and to the rest of that information, it would be very helpful and accessible to you if you could read.
It is addicting. FACT. It is addicting. FACT. I'd like to see where you get your information.

Maybe once you graduate from high school and have a college degree (assuming that's possible), you can talk to me. Funny that you make an insult inferring that I can't read when you're the one with all the grammar and spelling mistakes throughout all your posts whereas, on the other hand, I graduated from college with an English writing degree, magna cum laude.
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 04:05 AM   #61
Aye.
 
Scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: USS Enterprise
Posts: 5,387
Thanked: 43
Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by David


many, many speakers, at hempfest, preached that smoke from marijuana does not stimulate cancer
http://www.marijuanaaddiction.info/f...-marijuana.htm

Quote:
# It's hard to know for sure whether regular marijuana use causes cancer. But it is known that marijuana contains some of the same, and sometimes even more, of the cancer-causing chemicals found in tobacco smoke.
# Studies show that someone who smokes five joints per day may be taking in as many cancer-causing chemicals as someone who smokes a full pack of cigarettes every day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
ALSO, you can not, get, physically addicted to marijuana. That fact is indeed, a lie. Many people become mentally addicted to it.
http://www.spencerrecovery.com/marijuana-addiction.html

Quote:
Marijuana is not physically addicting. But this does not let users off the hook. Just because a drug is not physically addicting doesn't mean that it is not addicting in any capacity. It is by far one of the most addicting drugs on the market when thought about as emotionally and mentally addicting.
So according to my research, you're wrong about the cancer (Depending on the amount of useage), but right about the physical addiction.


Instead of everyone going "I'm right, you're wrong" Why not do some research to back up your claim, or disprove someone elses.

POOF!
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 04:22 AM   #62
Dis ....in' guy...
 
JPMDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,717
Thanked: 48
JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Thats some good research there Scott

from my personal experience I used to smoke maybe a few joints a year while in high school and when I left for military I haven't touched it since. I feel that it's mainly a mental thing.
JPMDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 06:01 AM   #63
Maiden England
 
2powern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: England
Posts: 281
Thanked: 0
2powern is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A recovery clinic is hardly the most unbiased of sources.
2powern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 06:16 AM   #64
Aye.
 
Scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: USS Enterprise
Posts: 5,387
Thanked: 43
Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabi...aq1.shtml#3-20
Quote:
20) Aren't you afraid everyone will get hooked? Marijuana produces no withdrawal symptoms no matter how heavy it is used. It is habit forming (psychologically addictive), but not physically addictive. The majority of people who quit marijuana don't even have to think twice about it. Comparing marijuana to addictive drugs is really quite silly.

For a drug to be physically addictive, it must be reinforcing, produce withdrawal symptoms, and produce tolerance. Marijuana is reinforcing, because it feels good, but it does not do the other two things. Caffeine, nicotine and alcohol are all physically addictive.
I'll keep looking for more if you'd like.

POOF!
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 06:19 AM   #65
Maiden England
 
2powern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: England
Posts: 281
Thanked: 0
2powern is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabi...aq1.shtml#3-20


I'll keep looking for more if you'd like.
That reinforces David's statement that it's mentally addictive, not physically.
2powern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 06:20 AM   #66
Aye.
 
Scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: USS Enterprise
Posts: 5,387
Thanked: 43
Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I know that. That's what my first quote reinforced aswell

POOF!
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 06:21 AM   #67
OldschoolGhettostyle
 
Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 12,854
Thanked: 57
Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2powern
A recovery clinic is hardly the most unbiased of sources.
Good point. I've read quite a bit about marijuana addiction that establishes that it does exist, but isn't as addicting as most drugs.

There seem to be quite a few people who have been addicted to marijuana and there seem to be a lot of people who believe in the addiction.

Here's an interesting site specifically about marijuana addiction: http://www.marijuanaaddiction.info/

Quote:
Marijuana addiction is a phenomenon experienced by more than 150,000 individuals each year who enter treatment for their proclaimed addiction to marijuana. Marijuana addiction is characterized as compulsive, often uncontrollable marijuana craving, seeking, and use, even when the individual knows that marijuana use is not in his best interest. Marijuana addiction could be defined as chronically making the firm decision not to use marijuana followed shortly by a relapse due to experiencing overwhelming compulsive urges to use marijuana despite the firm decision not to. This contradiction is characteristic of an addiction problem.

Symptoms of Marijuana Addiction:

Marijuana tolerance:
Either need for markedly increased amounts of marijuana to achieve intoxication, or markedly diminished effect with continued use of the same amount of marijuana.
Greater use of marijuana than intended:
Marijuana taken in larger amounts or over a longer period than was intended.
Unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control marijuana use.
A great deal of time spent in using marijuana
Marijuana use causing a reduction in social, occupational or recreational activities.

Continued marijuana use despite knowing it will cause significant problems.

Marijuana is both emotionally and mentally addictive. Once an individual becomes addicted to marijuana it develops into part of who they believe themselves to be. Avoiding their friends who do not use, the addict will gravitate to others that do. Marijuana is a topic that is always on their mind, whether it be thinking about the next time they will be able to get high or where their going to get their next sack. When someone is addicted to marijuana eventually their friends and the people close to them only know how they act when their stoned because they no longer do anything without first smoking. Their constant abuse is due to the misconception that marijuana is what they need to solve their problems. Sometimes addicts will take their stash with them wherever they go, just in case an opportunity arises and they are able to take a couple hits. They may even go through several dealers in order to make sure they always have a constant supply of marijuana.

The cost of marijuana addiction to the individual who allows their addiction to escalate may suffer health and social consequences, memory and learning problems, problems at work or even result in losing a job because of high absenteeism. Those who isolate themselves from friends and family often put a heavy strain on relationships with loved ones. There is a vicious cycle to marijuana addiction in which these problems are often used as a rational to smoke even more pot. Marijuana addiction is a no-win situation that many unintentionally fall into (the drug that is causing the problem becomes the solution to the problem it caused).

Addiction to marijuana is severe due to its affect on the user's brain. Scientists now know many facts about marijuana's effect on the body and how delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the major active chemical in Marijuana, acts in the human brain. When marijuana is smoked, THC travels quickly through the body and into the brain where it unites with specific receptors on nerve cells. Areas of the brain with the most receptors affected by THC are parts of the brain that control pleasure, thought, memory, sensory, concentration, time perception, and coordination. It's these areas of the brain that are most likely to be affected when an individual faces marijuana addiction.

If you feel that your marijuana use is out of your control and interfering with your personal goals and happiness and you would like to stop but can't seek help from addiction treatment professional.
FACT. Marijuana is addictive. FACT.
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 06:24 AM   #68
Maiden England
 
2powern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: England
Posts: 281
Thanked: 0
2powern is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I know that. That's what my first quote reinforced aswell
My bad, then we agree.
2powern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 06:29 AM   #69
Hates the Air
 
Metal Ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 17,821
Thanked: 82
Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i had an ex girlfriend who smoked pot ALL The time. so much that it didnt even really affect her noticably. She smoked up 2-3 times a day for about 3 years. then once she got out of college, she stopped cold turkey and waited long enough to pass the drug tests and got a job. No side effects or withdrawls or anything. she just said she was kinda bored lol
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 06:31 AM   #70
OldschoolGhettostyle
 
Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 12,854
Thanked: 57
Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^True. But that doesn't mean it's not addictive. My uncle smoked a pack a day of cigarettes for over 10 years and then one day just said "This is bad for my health" and quite cold turkey. He hasn't smoked a cigarette since then. That doesn't mean cigarettes aren't addictive, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
many, many speakers, at hempfest, preached that smoke from marijuana does not stimulate cancer, and does not cause emphazima. I'm not sure as to the validity of it, but I think it may have some truth to it. Marijuana smoke opens up the chest, and helps with athsma. Out of the countless hippies aged 40-70 that I know, who smoke a good joint everyday, none of them have lung problems, and all are in excellent physical condition, as well as mentally stable.

Those that smoke cigs on the other hand... are not so healthy...
http://www.marijuanaaddiction.info/news-left.htm?aid=57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marijuana effects on the lungs
Three cannabis joints a day cause the same damage to the lining of the airways as 20 cigarettes, the British Lung Foundation study says.

When cannabis and tobacco are smoked together, the effects are dramatically worsened, it adds.

Evidence shows that tar from cannabis cigarettes contains 50% more carcinogens (cancer producing agents) than tobacco, it says.

Dr Mark Britton, chairman of the foundation, said: ``These statistics will come as a surprise to many people, especially those who choose to smoke cannabis rather than tobacco in the belief it is `safer` for them.

``It is vital that people are fully aware of the dangers so they can make an educated decision and know the damage they may be causing. The report is not about the moral rights and wrongs of cannabis, but simply making sure everyone is completely clear about the respiratory health risks involved.``

The report, A Smoking Gun?, also shows that the health dangers of cannabis have substantially increased since the 1960s, because of increased amounts of THC (tetrahydrocanabinol), the ingredient which accounts for the psychoactive properties of cannabis, in the substance consumed today.

The study looks at existing scientific and medical research on cannabis smoking and respiratory health.

Dame Helena Shovelton, chief executive of the foundation, said: ``Puff and inhalation volume with cannabis is up to four times higher than with tobacco - in other words you inhale deeper and hold your breath with the smoke for longer before exhaling. This results in more poisonous carbon monoxide and tar entering into the lungs.``

Last edited by Naren; 09-10-2006 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 06:39 AM   #71
Aye.
 
Scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: USS Enterprise
Posts: 5,387
Thanked: 43
Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
ALSO, you can not, get, physically addicted to marijuana. That fact is indeed, a lie. Many people become mentally addicted to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naren
And, David, you are wrong. You can. GET. physically. addicted. to. marijuana.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
It's not addicting. Fact. It's not addicting. FACT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naren
FACT. Marijuana is addictive. FACT.
Ok, you guys need to start wording shit properly

I think the two of you agree that marijuana is addicting in atleast one form or another. You need to specify if you are talking about physical, mental, or both, or neither. Or else this will just continue into "FACT. is addictive. FACT" and "FACT. Isn't addictive. FACT" Which by the way, is getting really annoying

POOF!
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 06:42 AM   #72
Hates the Air
 
Metal Ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 17,821
Thanked: 82
Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naren
^True. But that doesn't mean it's not addictive. My uncle smoked a pack a day of cigarettes for over 10 years and then one day just said "This is bad for my health" and quite cold turkey. He hasn't smoked a cigarette since then. That doesn't mean cigarettes aren't addictive, though.
well, its proven that nicotine gives you withdrawls, its physically addictive. my ex reported no symptoms of woithdrawls or anything... And most other people that i've known that quit, they havent had any issues with it.
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 06:51 AM   #73
OldschoolGhettostyle
 
Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 12,854
Thanked: 57
Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Ok, you guys need to start wording shit properly

I think the two of you agree that marijuana is addicting in atleast one form or another. You need to specify if you are talking about physical, mental, or both, or neither. Or else this will just continue into "FACT. is addictive. FACT" and "FACT. Isn't addictive. FACT" Which by the way, is getting really annoying
I'm referring mainly to "mental", but I consider "mental" to be "physical" since your mind is a part of your body as well. It's been proven that the chemicals in marijuana affect parts of your brain that lead to addiction. So, I would say "both."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Ken
well, its proven that nicotine gives you withdrawls, its physically addictive. my ex reported no symptoms of woithdrawls or anything... And most other people that i've known that quit, they havent had any issues with it.
One thing I've noticed that's weird about nicotine is how it affects different people in different ways. Some people have actually gotten cancer from second hand smoke, while my close friend's grandfather is around 90, has smoked CIGARS since he was in his 20s and cigarettes since he was in his teens. He does not have cancer and is actually very healthy.

My uncle never had any symptoms or withdrawals after quitting either. I asked him "You just quit cold turkey? Wasn't it hard?" and he said something like "Nah, not really. There was the habit thing. For over 10 years, I would just smoke a cigarette when I wanted. But it wasn't difficult or painful to quit." I have known people who have had trouble quitting pot, though. Granted, they smoked quite a bit, which probably had a bigger effect on their bodies.

Last edited by Naren; 09-10-2006 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 04:49 PM   #74
that guy
 
Dylan7620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tulalip "the #1 place for fun" WA
Posts: 1,708
Thanked: 9 / 1
Dylan7620 is just really niceDylan7620 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Wow, how the .... did i miss this thread? i'm probably one of the biggest potheads on this forum. and although i do think it's bad and addictive, some of you blow it WAY the .... out of proportion.

weed is WAY less harmful than alcohol, period. when was the last time you or anybody got so high you had weed poisening and had to have your stomach pumped? or threw up (seen this twice in about 4 years, one was someones first time and he was drunk, the other was on april 20th and the guy had smoked like a ....in 1/4, for those of that don't smoke thats about 80 bucks, and smoked it in like 4 hours, which IMO is just dumb and a waste)? or had a hangover? or got info a physical confrontation because you're both high?

weed gets you just as high or more if you cook it into brownies or other food. it doesn't hit you as fast or had, no its not as efficient. but if you make em right you'll get the head high like smoking plus a body high that is extreamly intese and lasts alot longer. the thing is you have to put in a shitload of REALLY good weed for this to happen.

VS. cigs its just plain hard to compare. pound for pound you can say that weed is more harmful, but thats not a fair comparison. if you compare a half pack a day smoker to someone who goes through a dimebag a day, the weed smoker is going to be healthier. you smoke them differently. comparing apples and oranges people. not to mention dr. dru has stated many times that weed smoke is not linked to lung cancer or heart disese like cigs, but can still cause emphizima. (yea, i know i can't spell)

one more thing... I smoke because i like it. i'm not trying to "hide from reality" or "run from the pain" or any other bullshit excuse that you drug free kids make up, you don't smoke or drink? cool, right on man, but don't think you know my reasons behind what i do

all this being said. i haven't smoked for over a week now. which the longest time in over 2 years for me. why? because i was chronicly tired, lazy and didn't want to do anything. thats just me.i know penty of people that have been smoking for 20+ years and are fine (hell you wouldn't even know they did smoke if they didn't tell you). plus I was at about 40 bucks every 2 or 3 days for the shit. and i got hella bills i can pay off instead. do i still want to smoke? honestly .... yeah i do. but i'm not gonna let some little plant take control of what i really want to do in my life.

"are there gonna be snacks? i heard there were gonna be snacks."
Dylan7620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2006, 06:17 PM   #75
Dis ....in' guy...
 
JPMDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,717
Thanked: 48
JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.JPMDan is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
[IMG]http://southpark.org.ru/Img/characters/mk.jpg[/IMG]
JPMDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 PM.


Our Network: PRS Guitar Forum | Luthier Forum | SG Guitar Forum | Les Paul Forum | Marshall Amp Forum | Acoustic Guitar Forum

SS.org proudly supports St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Copyright © 2004-2014, SevenString.org. All Rights Reserved.