homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > General Discussion > Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food Exercise plans, recipes & general healthy living discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-17-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
The Optimist Prime.

GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
"FCKH8" Straight Talk About Gay Marriage

GuitaristOfHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-17-2010, 08:44 PM   #2
The Optimist Prime.

GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Oh just a not also if you leave a post please don't be all " Gay is wrong" ect... Not saying you can't disagree, but this post is meant to support gays.
Unread 11-17-2010, 08:51 PM   #3
Ikebana Noise Club

ry_z is a name known to allry_z is a name known to allry_z is a name known to allry_z is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This rules.

You bite at TVs, what do they taste like?
Last.fm
ry_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2010, 09:29 PM   #4
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I didn't approve of the Sweeping generalization of Republicans.

However the rest of it is win.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic17517_3.gif
Customisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2010, 09:31 PM   #5
The Optimist Prime.

Indeed it is.
Unread 11-19-2010, 11:11 AM   #6
Banned

josh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I should get one of those shirts.

SOME DUDES MARRY DUDES. GET OVER IT.
josh pelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 04:02 PM   #7
WWSD?

DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.
I hate this video so goddamn much.

If I was really on the fence or unsure about the topic of gay marriage, being cursed out like drag queens and small children, and sweeping generalizations wouldn't exactly help me side with them. Conservatives claim that gays demoralize wholesome values and to combat it you have small kids dropping F bombs like drunken old whores in a back alley dispute..yeah..really helpful. Shit like this just makes it worse for gay people, not better.
DrakkarTyrannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 05:48 PM   #8
Уродливый, но честны

JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis View Post

If I was really on the fence or unsure about the topic of gay marriage, being cursed out like drag queens and small children, and sweeping generalizations wouldn't exactly help me side with them. Conservatives claim that gays demoralize wholesome values and to combat it you have small kids dropping F bombs like drunken old whores in a back alley dispute..yeah..really helpful. Shit like this just makes it worse for gay people, not better.
100% agree. Is this a pro-gay marriage campaign, or a pro-"liberal use of the word "...."" campaign? It doesn't seem particularly well thought-out to me. So the f-bomb is going to get peoples' attention. Great. I have nothing against gay people or "bad language". I've been to gay weddings. I have a mouth like a trucker. It's just that when I'm trying to get my point across intelligently, I refrain from sounding like an angry bastard. I have a feeling that half the bible-thumping rednecks that these campaigns are trying to fight will be up in arms now, not just because they think that gay marriage is a sin, but now also because they think they're going to corrupt their children with rotten language. I honestly don't believe that this campaign will speak to anyone who isn't already in support of gay marriage.

This great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves

moments before the wind
JeffFromMtl is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 05:52 PM   #9
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis View Post

Drak makes a really good point actually. To a 20 year old internet machien like myself, this ad is harmless and transparent.

To the rest of the world (read:99% of people) this is a diorama of a parents worst nightmare.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic17517_3.gif
Customisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 06:02 PM   #10
The Optimist Prime.

I too found the word "...." to be a weird one to have little kids say. I'm not fond of that but the video does have some good points like:
" If it were all about protecting marriage, you'd be making divorce illegal for straight people". Which I find to be true.
Unread 11-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #11
Bonitis.

Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.
To the average person any good points made in the video will most likely be overshadowed by the children saying ..... Perfect execution of a bad idea.

Extreme Syncopation =/= Poly-rhythmic

Necris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 10:03 PM   #12
Power Metal Cellist

TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
I dunno, I think it's funny and kind of cathartic. I doubt it will be watched much outside of the pro-gay community anyway; and it's not like it's going to change anyone's mind.
TemjinStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 10:54 PM   #13
The Optimist Prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinStrife View Post
I dunno, I think it's funny and kind of cathartic. I doubt it will be watched much outside of the pro-gay community anyway; and it's not like it's going to change anyone's mind.
I don't think it was made to change anyone's mind. My guess is there just "saying some guys like guys and some girls like girls... get over it". That's just what I think the message is, not necessarily trying to change one's mind set, however I can see it being interpreted that way.
Unread 11-19-2010, 10:57 PM   #14
SS.org Regular

Krankguitarist is a jewel in the rough
Ohhhh nooooessss!

Children saying the f bomb!!!!!

How will our society ever possibly recover?!?!?!?!!

Oh, wait. South park's been doing it since the 90's. Well, nuts to that.
Krankguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 11:04 PM   #15
The Optimist Prime.

South park
Unread 11-20-2010, 06:32 AM   #16
Dan

Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krankguitarist View Post
Ohhhh nooooessss!

Children saying the f bomb!!!!!

How will our society ever possibly recover?!?!?!?!!

Oh, wait. South park's been doing it since the 90's. Well, nuts to that.

Thereís a difference between adults acting as children in a cartoon and the real world.

Though Iím pro gay marriage, this ad is only going to make the campaign worse. Like previously stated, people donít want to see children swearing. It made me feel a little uncomfortable watching it simply because of the amount of language used and the way the actual advert was put across.

Some of their points were valid, I will agree with that. However, I think using the word .... after each sentence basically was just plain stupid and it makes them look like a bad influence not only on children whom they hope to adopt but the general publics perception of them is tarnished. You want to fight a Republican you need to make advertisements that will appeal to Republican voters.

On another note (and possibly a controversial one) i don't believe society is ready for gay marriages to have children. It isnít that i donít believe that gay couples can handle having a child, more i can see the psychological torment that these children (especially boys with two male fathers) would get from peers during their school years. People are still too small minded to accept that two men can have a loving relationship and raise a child.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2010, 06:56 AM   #17
Banned

Self Bias will become famous soon enough
Straight up honesty, I think it's totally cool for a man to show affection towards another man. You will see as you get older the increasing tenderness and sensitivity between men "of a certain age". But no butthole shit- that's seriously twisted. Dude! poop comes out of there.
Self Bias is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2010, 07:17 AM   #18
Ikebana Noise Club

ry_z is a name known to allry_z is a name known to allry_z is a name known to allry_z is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Bias View Post
But no butthole shit- that's seriously twisted. Dude! poop comes out of there.
You piss out of your dick.

I'm just saying.

Last.fm
Unread 11-20-2010, 07:24 AM   #19
Banned

Self Bias will become famous soon enough
Yeah, but, well...hmm
Self Bias is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #20
surrounded by chairs

groph has much to be proud ofgroph has much to be proud ofgroph has much to be proud ofgroph has much to be proud ofgroph has much to be proud ofgroph has much to be proud of
Yeah, Drak makes a good point yet again.

I saw some of these videos and pretty much laughed my ass off the entire way through, especially when some little girl says "Don't .... with my two gay dads!" I find children swearing to be violently funny, for whatever reason. Still, it's not really making any new points, it's just another one of these "pissed off minority" campaigns, similar to the shit that gave feminists the stereotype of being chronically irate lesbians who want to chop down anything and everything that stands proud of the ground.

I kind of liked the commercial with Wanda Sykes that explains why the word "gay" is offensive perfectly. She's in a restaurant and overhears a group of teenage boys say "LOL THATS SO GHEY LOL" She walks over and lays out a perfectly logical argument that ends in "so how would you feel if I saw something stupid and said that's so 16 year old boy?" or something to that effect. I'm not for banning words and I don't support political correctness at all, but the whole "gay as the go-to word for disapproval of anything" is pretty stupid, I think. I try really hard not to say it.

The generalization of Republicans made me roll my eyes too when I first saw this video.

So yeah, small children yelling .... is hilarious and gets your attention, you've got the "gross out factor" for "ignorant straight men" when they show guys kissing, the "awesome factor" for "ignorant straight men" when they show girls kissing, everything is there for the liberation of gay people, right?

How's that been working out? Activism is effective when it's actually out changing things and not complaining from the sidelines.

EDIT: Pause this video at 14 seconds. RAAWWWWRRR
groph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2010, 03:08 PM   #21
Bonitis.

Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
But no butthole shit- that's seriously twisted. Dude! poop comes out of there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_z View Post
You piss out of your dick.

I'm just saying.
Quote:
Yeah, but, well...hmm
And women piss out of their vaginas and occasionally people regardless of gender vomit out of their mouths. If your reason for being against homosexuality is your disgust with basic life funtions maybe its time to rethink your stance a bit.

Extreme Syncopation =/= Poly-rhythmic

Necris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2010, 03:52 PM   #22
I Am the Table

renzoip is a glorious beacon of lightrenzoip is a glorious beacon of lightrenzoip is a glorious beacon of light
What a video!!

One a serious note, this ad is obviously directed towards young liberals who are already supportive of gay right. The point of it is not to convience anyone that gay marriage is ok or that gay people are moral or anything like that. The point is to reinforce and fire up those who are angry with the current state of gay rights. So, in that sense I think it is good to show that not only tea partiers and republicans are Mad As Hell. I think it is important that there are factions within the liberals that are willing to voice out their anger out loud however unpleasant I may find it. In any side of the political spectrum, it is precisely because of the extremist that we are able to recognize the moderates. Otherwise, the moderates would be seen as extremist.

So, the video may not be my cup of tea, but I like the fact that they are not trying to please or compromise with the other side.

DARK LEGACY - Progressive Power Metal from South FL!
renzoip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #23
Dan

Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.Dan is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necris View Post
And women piss out of their vaginas and occasionally people regardless of gender vomit out of their mouths. If your reason for being against homosexuality is your disgust with basic life funtions maybe its time to rethink your stance a bit.
I think people were humoring the actual idea of it all. The first quote you put is a quote from something else. Don't be overly offended. I think if people were opposed then their words would have been stronger.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2010, 05:37 PM   #24
Decibel Guitars

darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necris View Post
And women piss out of their vaginas

I think somebody needs an anatomy lesson.
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2010, 05:49 PM   #25
Ikebana Noise Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren View Post

I think somebody needs an anatomy lesson.
Hell, I can't claim any expertise on that matter either.

Last.fm