homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Jazz, Acoustic, Classical & Fingerstyle
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Jazz, Acoustic, Classical & Fingerstyle Discussions on all things unplugged, as well as classical and jazz.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By EtherealEntity
  • 1 Post By MF_Kitten

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just found a really awesome tuning for my classic acoustic! Video inside!

Holy shit guys, this is awesome! i might need to find a thicker string for the lowest string but that's alright!

Basically, from low to high: E-e-b-e-b-e

the high b and e strings are the same as always. the G string is tuned DOWN to E, the D string down to B, the A string down to the E that the lowest string is usually tuned to, and the low E an octave down.

I made a video for you fellas:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3782113/Lots...20Acoustic.mov

As i mention in the video, it would benefit from a thicker low E, as i didn't really think about that when i got these at all. i just wanted to tune it to drop C!

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-07-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Nice.
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #3
SS.org Regular

Atomshipped is a jewel in the rough
Nice, I love acoustic guitars tuned low like that. I need some thicker strings for mine!
Atomshipped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 12:55 AM   #4
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
What are you using for the low E?!
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 06:10 AM   #5
Needs more strings

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Looks like a very fun tuning
Sounds good with the low E too - in terms of resonance at least. But yes needs a thicker string!
Did you say at the end it's nylon??

My acoustic is in C# G# C# G# C# D# which is super cool. I want a 7th string in G# though
scherzo1928 likes this.
EtherealEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #6
has wood for you

scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Sounds like a fun tunning.

Oh, if you are looking for thicker nylon strings, give Giannini a try. I use their .060 on my 7 stringer (at 666mm scale ). I was pleasantly surprised by their quality, they seem up to par with the expensive strings I often see on classicals. They are silverplated so they feel awesome, and they sound very crisp... good good strings.

Giannini Classical Guitar Classic Series 7th String 85/15 Bronze .060, GENWXPA7

Is this... guitar?
scherzo1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #7
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by scherzo1928 View Post
Sounds like a fun tunning.

Oh, if you are looking for thicker nylon strings, give Giannini a try. I use their .060 on my 7 stringer (at 666mm scale ). I was pleasantly surprised by their quality, they seem up to par with the expensive strings I often see on classicals. They are silverplated so they feel awesome, and they sound very crisp... good good strings.

Giannini Classical Guitar Classic Series 7th String 85/15 Bronze .060, GENWXPA7
I want that. both strings and guitar.
scherzo1928 likes this.

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #8
has wood for you

scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_Kitten View Post
I want that. both strings and guitar.
It's an unbelievably fun instrument to mess around with.

Is this... guitar?
scherzo1928 is offline   Reply With Quote