homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Marketplace > Guitars For Sale / Trade / Wanted
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Guitars For Sale / Trade / Wanted All guitar classifieds here. Please read the Classified Rules. Threads without proper references will be deleted!

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-18-2009, 03:52 AM   #1
ss.org Regular

db250286 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ibanez K7 Korn series Head/Munky Custom 7 string

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: K7 Korn Series Head/Munky Custom

Modifications (if any): none

Accessories (hardshell case etc): U-Bar and Hard Case

Location (City,State or City,Country): Geelong, Australia (1 hour from Melbourne)

Contact Info (No Phone #s) daniel.b@bigpond.net.au

References Required (eBay or other forum userid): i currently have an ebay account but i have an outstanding amount owing. just being honest

Price (include currency and if firm/obo): i payed $4000AU and im looking for more than what i payed as the guitar isnt even being made anymore.

Pictures: none atm but email me and i can get you some.

Just a little history, ive had the guitar for 4 years, was in a band which i loved, band is no more. so now i have no need for the guitar or Amp. the guitar copped a little wear and tear but i got it full restored and polished up and restrung with some slinky strings (cant remeber what gauge)

yeah so if anyone is interested or wants to discuss more just hit me up with an email. ty and please dont delete my post! :P
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-18-2009, 04:48 AM   #2
Djavli te ponesli

El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I'll trade you my RG7EXFX2, it's in great condition and not only is it not made anymore but I am pretty sure it is the only one in Australia so it must be worth more then your K7

I'm not going to delete your post, it is the funniest thing I have read today but I can not guarantee that another mod wont.

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Unread 06-18-2009, 04:57 AM   #3
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
why would someone buy a damaged K7 for $4000 AUD when they can get an APEX1 brand new for $2500 AUD?

just putting that out there.

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Unread 06-18-2009, 05:13 AM   #4
ss.org Regular

DorianSilk is on a distinguished road
It's true...

I second that. There are many users who have attemped to sell their own K-7's for far less than $4k+ Aus. While they may be hard to find...the new APEX1 series sell for 3.5K from Music Workshop in Geelong, less for cash.

If anyone is going to splash, they'll go with a brand new one. Same sound. Same Quality plus a 1 year Guarantee which is important when you're forking out for a high-end axe.

Good luck anyway. You won't get your money back, that's for sure.
Unread 06-18-2009, 05:18 AM   #5
Doom man of Doom.

Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
K7s go for about 800 too 1000 USD used.
We are talking about 1500 AUD in Aussie terms, tops.
Unread 06-18-2009, 06:09 AM   #6
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry View Post
K7s go for about 800 too 1000 USD used.
We are talking about 1500 AUD in Aussie terms, tops.
that sucks.. cant beleive a guitar like this would go for so much less than what it was worth a few years ago.. its stopped being made and one of the guys who created it isnt even in the band anymore.

I still beleive a collecter will pay more than $1500AUD, any old person wanting a seven string and not having any real connection with the Band 'Korn' will obviously buy something else and compare it to the k7.

this goes beyond just being a guitar.
Unread 06-18-2009, 06:52 AM   #7
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^ good luck with that

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Unread 06-18-2009, 07:25 AM   #8
Doom man of Doom.

Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by db250286 View Post
that sucks.. cant beleive a guitar like this would go for so much less than what it was worth a few years ago.. its stopped being made and one of the guys who created it isnt even in the band anymore.

I still beleive a collecter will pay more than $1500AUD, any old person wanting a seven string and not having any real connection with the Band 'Korn' will obviously buy something else and compare it to the k7.

this goes beyond just being a guitar.
My RG 7421 in Cherry Fudge hasn't been made since 1999 I'm quite sure.
It was worth 750 USD brand new, in recent years excellent condition examples go for for 350 USD (a little bit under half price of the original cost) while most other examples of them go for 250-300 USD on average.
Just because a guitar is not made anymore does not qualify it for collector and rare status.
The K7 was a standard production line instrument that was made in mass quantities.
Thus so relatively soon after is stopped production it is not going to qualify as in instrument that will appreciate in value.
If it is several years old the guitar will now be worth about 1500 AUD at most.
Considering an Aussie can buy a K7 from the States for about 800 USD (which is about 1000 AUD) and have it shipped for another 150 USD or so, the total cost is about 1200 AUD.
You're trying to sell yours about over 3 times the cost of what I or anyone else can potentially buy it for.
If you want to sell this guitar, you're going to have to settle for under 1500 AUD.
It's how the used guitar market works.
Unread 06-18-2009, 07:39 AM   #9
ss.org Regular

darbdavys is a jewel in the rough
hmm, which is a better deal.
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gui...nez-k-7-a.html or yours? (sry for shameless ad )

The whole image is that eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions God's infinite love. That's the message we're brought up with, isn't it? Believe or die! Thank you, forgiving Lord, for all those options.
Unread 06-18-2009, 07:50 AM   #10
Renegade Folk Hero

Bekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I've got some magic beans here, interested?

They're chock full of magic.
Unread 06-18-2009, 08:43 AM   #11
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry View Post
My RG 7421 in Cherry Fudge hasn't been made since 1999 I'm quite sure.
It was worth 750 USD brand new, in recent years excellent condition examples go for for 350 USD (a little bit under half price of the original cost) while most other examples of them go for 250-300 USD on average.
Just because a guitar is not made anymore does not qualify it for collector and rare status.
The K7 was a standard production line instrument that was made in mass quantities.
Thus so relatively soon after is stopped production it is not going to qualify as in instrument that will appreciate in value.
If it is several years old the guitar will now be worth about 1500 AUD at most.
Considering an Aussie can buy a K7 from the States for about 800 USD (which is about 1000 AUD) and have it shipped for another 150 USD or so, the total cost is about 1200 AUD.
You're trying to sell yours about over 3 times the cost of what I or anyone else can potentially buy it for.
If you want to sell this guitar, you're going to have to settle for under 1500 AUD.
It's how the used guitar market works.
ok. good post. im beat lol. i should have researched a bit more before i posted, i apologise for the outrageous pricing lol. but yeh, i did love that guitar while i played in stage.. looked so good and felt awsome.
Closed Thread